Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Revised

What's on your pre and post op shopping list? Here's mine.....care to add to it? I thought maybe we could keep a running list of helpful items. If you add something, just modify the list and repost :)

Food:

sugar free popsicles

sugar free Jello

Protein shakes

fruit juice/milk/crystal light (I LOVE the Walmart brand of crystal light)

Soup

Medical:

Gas X Strips

Scar cream or cocoa butter

Ice packs

Heating Pad

Lip balm

OTC Pain reliever

General:

drinking straws

electronic scale

hand blender

new set of knives (nice and sharp to cut up food!)

Book, either "Band Wagon" or "Is Lap Band Surgery for Me?" (not sure yet)

small rubbermaid containers to help portion out food

food scale

measuring cups

Hey guys,

I ordered a charm Bracelet today to walk through my lap-band journey. It will be a plain bracelet except for one engravable heart charm...which I plan to have engraved with the date when I reach my goal weight. It symbolizes that I love myself.

Every time I lose 10 lbs. I will treat myself to a new charm. It might symbolize something I've always wanted to do, or something/someone important to me that I'm doing this for. I think my second charm will be the Eiffel Tower...I've always wanted to go to Europe but always put it off because I know you have to walk a lot there and my weight means PAIN when I do that.

Shauna

That's a great Idea Shauna!! Where did you order it from?

Hey guys,

I ordered a charm Bracelet today to walk through my lap-band journey. It will be a plain bracelet except for one engravable heart charm...which I plan to have engraved with the date when I reach my goal weight. It symbolizes that I love myself.

Every time I lose 10 lbs. I will treat myself to a new charm. It might symbolize something I've always wanted to do, or something/someone important to me that I'm doing this for. I think my second charm will be the Eiffel Tower...I've always wanted to go to Europe but always put it off because I know you have to walk a lot there and my weight means PAIN when I do that.

Shauna

Hi all,

Happy to finally be able to say that I'm a July 2011 Bander! Have been waiting for a long time. Getting banded on July 14. Wondering if anyone else is concerned about accidental band slippage. I tend to gag easily and tend to cough a lot so I'm very nervous about accidentally causing the band to slip. Does anyone know if those things can cause slippage. I know that excessive vomitting does as well as trying to eat things you aren't supposed to. But what about what I experience? Thanks and looking forward to sharing the journey with you all! Good luck everyone!

Crystaldmm B)

Hi Tracy,

I got it from www.worldofcharms.com...they have tons of charms for every imaginable need. Search for the "vasectomy cupid" if you don't believe me...funniest thing I've seen in a while!

Hi Crystaldmm, I would definitely talk to your surgeon about that, as none of us are medical pros here (as far as I know) and that might be a valid concern.

Are any of you that are self-pay getting BLIS insurance for potential complications?

Shauna

Hi Guys.

My surgery is July 7th. I am 58 years old married with 2 grown kids. I am really nervous about the surgery. Not the surgery itself, but the complications that so many people seem to have. Apparently many get horrible reflux and vomit alot. I hope I am not one of those people. I was on this other website and people who were unsuccessful with the band were trying to talk me out of it. I'm really freaked out!

Revised

What's on your pre and post op shopping list? Here's mine.....care to add to it? I thought maybe we could keep a running list of helpful items. If you add something, just modify the list and repost :)

Food:

sugar free popsicles

sugar free Jello

Protein shakes

Soup

Medical:

Gas X Strips

Ice packs

Heating Pad

Lip balm

OTC Pain reliever

General:

drinking straws

electronic scale

hand blender

food scale

measuring cups

Yep- updated it again!!

Food:

sugar free popsicles

sugar free Jello

Protein shakes

Soup

applesauce

Medical:

Gas X Strips

Ice packs

Heating Pad

Lip balm

OTC Pain reliever

Throat spray (post intubation discomfort)

General:

drinking straws

electronic scale

hand blender

food scale

measuring cups

Hi everyone,

I'm am planning to have Lap band on July 21st, I just have to call and schedule it tomorrow. I'm still very nervous. I have been on again off again about the idea....I'm a severe soda addict. Real soda! :unsure: I just have this thought that if I don't do this I will never ever get back to a normal weight. My BMI is 40 I believe, about 70 to 100 lbs overweight. I'm just so tired of being fat. Tired of not liking clothes. If I don't change something...I will never give up the soda for good.

I hope to get to know some of you well and help support each other through all these changes. :rolleyes::) Carmen

Shauna

I think the charm braclet is a great idea for goal setting.

NomersCat

I too am a soda drinker; I started increasing my Water intake some months ago. I make it a habit to start my morning off with 50 ozs of bottled Water. I drink on that all day at work and sometimes even refill while still at work. My focus is on the water. I have not completely stopped drinking soda but I am definitely not drinking as much. I am not too concerned about eliminating it totally with doing it this way. I'm taking it a little at a time.

Healthy4Ever

:o I got my date JULY 11th. I am so excited and also nervous. I have been thinking about this for over 2 years. I was going to have it done last year, but my husband's diabetes got way out of hand. He had lap band on November 23rd,2010. He has done great with the band, and has not gotten sick, slimmed , or stuck one time. He has lost 105 lbs, and no longer takes any medications for diabetes. or high blood pressure.

Now it is my turn. I can't wait. My BMI is 43 , and I need to lose 100 lbs. My goal is to do this by the time I turn 43 next year. My mind is made up and this is the last time I lose 100 lbs.

I am looking forward to my new life and the part that food plays in it. I am looking forward to food not being the focus of my every thougt. I hope that my new obsession, is working my band and exercise.

I am starting a low carb, high Protein diet for then next two weeks, then I start the liquid pre op diet on July 3rd.

Hi NomersCat,

I too am working on quitting my (diet) soda addiction. After a few failed attempts this last week I finally made it through today without one. However, I did take 1/2 of a No Doz (caffeine pill) to get through this morning. I think I will do the 1/2 pill for a few days, then down to 1/4 pill for a few days, then none. Maybe this could help you?

Shauna

Hi everyone,

I'm am planning to have Lap band on July 21st, I just have to call and schedule it tomorrow. I'm still very nervous. I have been on again off again about the idea....I'm a severe soda addict. Real soda! :unsure: I just have this thought that if I don't do this I will never ever get back to a normal weight. My BMI is 40 I believe, about 70 to 100 lbs overweight. I'm just so tired of being fat. Tired of not liking clothes. If I don't change something...I will never give up the soda for good.

I hope to get to know some of you well and help support each other through all these changes. :rolleyes::) Carmen

I have been trying to not drink for 30 mnts before eating anf for 30 mnts after my meal. I find it really hard. I'm good at the before thing.....usually because I'm busy getting dinner on the table but afterwards I'm really thirsty. I am a big Water drinker and I'm so worried about this. :o

PS 11 days until surgery!!!!!!!

I used to be a Diet Coke addict but then this time last year I went to Slovenia where they don't sell it and it helped me kick it for good. lol.

I only drink it every now and then.

Drink LOADS this week to get me through exams. =$