Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

My doc office requires me to watch this video prior to scheduling surgery. I thought it was good to show family and friends - short, sweet and to the point. :)

http://drsimpson.net/07_surgery_stories%20%28SS%29/Learn-about-Lap-band-surgery/Learn-about-Lap-band-surgery.htm

How is your preop diet going so far?

I am being banded July 5 and I start my pre-op diet tomorrow! Mine's 3 Protein Shakes - 2 lien cuisine meals or equivalents, and up to 2 cups vegetables each day for next 14 days. My fridge and freezer are stocked and i got my chewable vitamins to start tomorrow as well (may as well start getting used to the vitamins). I fear losing diet pop - i'm going Water or water and crystal light or equivalent from here on out. I'm a huge diet pop drinker - have been for many many years. I'm 37 with a husband and 5 year old son. I was thin and beautiful until college - and i started gaining weight - about 5-10 pound per year since. I'm looking to lose 10 on the pre-op diet and another 130 after that. WE CAN DO IT JULY BANDSTERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

I purchased a few clothes online in smaller sizes such as dresses, shirts, and skirts. We still have to wear clothes once we start to take off the weight. I also purchased a few pants once size smaller than my regular size ( tight 20) so I have a few 18's. I know that the weigt wont come off right away but I want to look good at the same time.

I was actually thinking of doing something similar but decided that I would rather try it on in the store (which will be a cool concept as is) and maybe I will find I even need a smaller size! :)

Nechama, you are of course welcome...you can be our "senior correspondent" LOL

I think it's a great idea to buy some smaller sized clothes. One of the funniest posts I have read here was that a woman bought a bikini in the size of her goal weight and tied it to the refrigerator handle!

Shauna

Hi Amy,

One upside to doing it Tuesday is less days of pre-op diet, right? Or have you already started?

Shauna

I recieved my date yesterday and I will be banded July 11th! I start my low fat diet 2 weeks before surgery and I am ready for a change.

Shauna,

Yep - if I do next week then I will have a day or two less on the diet. Doc asked for a week or so on the shakes. But ya know what I realized tonight?? I'll be on the last day or so of my PERIOD. UGH!!! It isn't horrible or anything, but eeeeek....I'm skipping a pill tonight so maybe it will come a day early. Seriously don't want to have to deal with that, too!

Amy

Hi Amy,

One upside to doing it Tuesday is less days of pre-op diet, right? Or have you already started?

Shauna

WOW! What a great idea! Buy the bikini and put it on the fridge!! I am very surprised my surgeon has said nothing about me quitting smoking~~ Of course I have tried several times. And been successful for short period of times, but now that I will have the band as a tool to lose weight, I think I will be able to quit smoking without the biggest fear of gaining more weight. Because let's face it , last time I quit I gained 30lbs! Yikes! No more gaining for us July Banders we are on our way to losing and more losing. If anyone wants to be a band buddy that would be great I really need some support with this pre op diet! Thanks

hurray

a new group just starting out

i am sixty ! years old, just starting my two week Liquid Protein regime tomorrow

i am lucky to be able to have my insurance cover the costs, and scheduled for july 6th

i have battled my entire life with being overweight, losing nearly a hundred pounds a couple of times over

the years, but then four years later all the weight was back plus some more

this last year my bmi got up to 40 and my physician suggested that i would qualify for the surgery

i am nervous and also excited

having a little community will be fantastic

from california, near santa cruz

hello all!

sue Q

Hey There,

Just looking for any July 2011 banders. I just started my process, but as that I am "self-pay", I am on a fast track to surgery. Although, not terribly obese (bmi 34), I am using lap band surgery as a tool for continued success after loosing weight. I have always been able to join a program(diet or exercise or prescription) and loose weight.....I've done it several times with several different programs (not a good thing), but I always gain the weight back and more. Now that I am in my 40s, it is harder to loose and faster to come back. No more, I say! I want to be heathy in my future - family history/genetics dictates that I will/can be using a walker or wheel chair from degenerative bones and joints, heart disease, diabetes. I am trying to steer clear of that but still keep seeing myself heading in that direction, so now is the time for further action. Although apprehensive about going under, I am reading all the good things about the lap band procedure and am hoping that it is just a little more than the tubiligation and endemetrial ablasion that I had done last year. At least, I am thinking of it that way, so as to not scare myself too badly!

Lisa B - Northern Virginia

With only 2 more weeks until surgery.....I'm sort of tempted to go buy something that doesn't fit. Like a pair of jeans that is a size or two too small. I'm a size 20, and most stores don't sell size 20, they stop at 14/16. I don't really have a difficult time finding jeans, I just cant fit into the jeans I like. I'm a sucker for a great pair of jeans! I love to wear them and can't wait until they are comfortable again...lol

Do you think i'm torturing myself, or giving myself a goal to reach with some incentive? I can see both sides, what do you guys think?

I bought a sweatshirt today.... a size too small.

I wasn't going to but it was it was SO cute and SO cheap! XP

Nechama, you are of course welcome...you can be our "senior correspondent" LOL

I think it's a great idea to buy some smaller sized clothes. One of the funniest posts I have read here was that a woman bought a bikini in the size of her goal weight and tied it to the refrigerator handle!

Shauna

LOL Thanks Shauna :)

I start the two-week liquid diet officially tomorrow and my surgery is scheduled for July 7th. I'm not really nervous or excited just ready for it to be over with. Anyone else have that kind of feeling? I've actually been on a liquid diet since June 7th per their request and I've dropped 28 pounds in 16 days, not very healthy but still awesome none the less.

weight.png