Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Welcome to all the new people! I'm jealous of you guys that have your dates set...I'm still waiting for all of my tests to be done.

Did anyone else have and EGD? I'm supposed to get one and not sure what to expect. Thanks!

Shauna

Haha! So funny, Amy! I'm going back to the doc on Thursday for my EKG and meeting with the nutritionist, so I'm going to keep my eye out freebies! :)

April

Funny story - was at the doc office and noticed that there was a basket of unjury (Protein drink) samples on the bottom shelf. I waited until the doc left, then stuffed six into my purse. LOL! If I'm shelling out $10K+ to this guy, the least I should get are some free samples. LOL. I mentally promised myself that if I don't like them, I'll sneak them back into the basket on my next visit. ;)

Amy

Today the gym teacher where I teach who is a body builder brought me 2 different Protein powders to try Isopure low carb and GNC's Gloden Standard. I'm going to try one of them tomorrow for Breakfast. I'll report back! 9 More days!!!

Dangit, does anyone know how to get these stupid tickers working?

Dangit, does anyone know how to get these stupid tickers working?

Shauna,

I just figured mine out today...

go to http://www.tickerfac...er_designer.php

click on weight loss

then set up your ticker style

When your done, copy the code and ans paste it into your signature in your profile settings.

Hope that works, if did for me...i think lol

Funny story - was at the doc office and noticed that there was a basket of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury (Protein drink) samples on the bottom shelf. I waited until the doc left, then stuffed six into my purse. LOL! If I'm shelling out $10K+ to this guy, the least I should get are some free samples. LOL. I mentally promised myself that if I don't like them, I'll sneak them back into the basket on my next visit. ;)

Amy

Ha!!!! Amy, your story cracked me up! Don't feel bad about it at all--companies send doctors those samples to hand out, and I'm sure he doesn't care if his patients take them!! (That's what I would be telling myself, anyway--'cause that sounds EXACTLY like something I'd do!!)

With only 2 more weeks until surgery.....I'm sort of tempted to go buy something that doesn't fit. Like a pair of jeans that is a size or two too small. I'm a size 20, and most stores don't sell size 20, they stop at 14/16. I don't really have a difficult time finding jeans, I just cant fit into the jeans I like. I'm a sucker for a great pair of jeans! I love to wear them and can't wait until they are comfortable again...lol

Do you think i'm torturing myself, or giving myself a goal to reach with some incentive? I can see both sides, what do you guys think?

With only 2 more weeks until surgery.....I'm sort of tempted to go buy something that doesn't fit. Like a pair of jeans that is a size or two too small. I'm a size 20, and most stores don't sell size 20, they stop at 14/16. I don't really have a difficult time finding jeans, I just cant fit into the jeans I like. I'm a sucker for a great pair of jeans! I love to wear them and can't wait until they are comfortable again...lol

Do you think i'm torturing myself, or giving myself a goal to reach with some incentive? I can see both sides, what do you guys think?

I was actually thinking of doing something similar but decided that I would rather try it on in the store (which will be a cool concept as is) and maybe I will find I even need a smaller size! :)

My surgery is June 30. Can I be part of this July 2011 group?

Nechama,

What a silly question...of course you can join the thread! We're all here for the same reason aren't we? To support, encourage, uplift, listen to, vent to, and experience our healthy lives with each other. We'd be happy to have ya!

I was actually thinking of doing something similar but decided that I would rather try it on in the store (which will be a cool concept as is) and maybe I will find I even need a smaller size! :)

Also, i think you're totally right! Actually going to the store and trying things on would be FAR more fulfilling of an experience! :D My husband better watch out...I'm a shop-a-holic in the making LOL Who am I kidding, I'm one now, but I can't wait until I NEED to go shopping because nothing fits.

Also, i think you're totally right! Actually going to the store and trying things on would be FAR more fulfilling of an experience! :D My husband better watch out...I'm a shop-a-holic in the making LOL Who am I kidding, I'm one now, but I can't wait until I NEED to go shopping because nothing fits.

I am an online shopaholic, don't have as much time to shop in the stores! But I have a feeling that once I figure out my correct size and really start creating a new wardrobe that it will be super fun to shop in both places :)

Have you started your liquid diet yet?

Nechama,

What a silly question...of course you can join the thread! We're all here for the same reason aren't we? To support, encourage, uplift, listen to, vent to, and experience our healthy lives with each other. We'd be happy to have ya!

Thanks!

Wow --- I have a big decision to make. I found out today that the psych and nutritionist will NOT be available tomorrow (they usually meet with patients on Wednesdays). So...that means I could meet with them next Wednesday - but doc will not be operating during the week of July 4th..so it moves it back another week. Or, I can do phone confs with the psych and nutritionist immediately and have surgery next TUESDAY. Um.....yikes. I'm a teacher on summer break so I'm REALLY tempted to bite the bullet and have it next week. I'm just sitting on my duff anyway! Any thoughts? For those that have met with psych and/or nutrition already, would you want to do it over the phone or did you get more out of it in person?

Thanks,

Amy (biting fingernails)

Wow --- I have a big decision to make. I found out today that the psych and nutritionist will NOT be available tomorrow (they usually meet with patients on Wednesdays). So...that means I could meet with them next Wednesday - but doc will not be operating during the week of July 4th..so it moves it back another week. Or, I can do phone confs with the psych and nutritionist immediately and have surgery next TUESDAY. Um.....yikes. I'm a teacher on summer break so I'm REALLY tempted to bite the bullet and have it next week. I'm just sitting on my duff anyway! Any thoughts? For those that have met with psych and/or nutrition already, would you want to do it over the phone or did you get more out of it in person?

Thanks,

Amy (biting fingernails)

I would say that I would have had no problem doing the psych over the phone but the nutritionist handed me a lot of materials that we reviewed together and I got a lot out of being there in person. HTH!