Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any July 2011 Bandsters?

Can't wait until tomorrow ... Betty the Lapband's Birthday !!

to any of the July bandsters who have gone have had surgery already: my doctor said I could resume my pre-op diet today (day after surgery) but the shakes are making me nauseated. I can only tolerate a few sips of Water at a time. Anybody else stay on Clear Liquids for a while after their banding?

Guest Rock4Light401

Oh man, tomorrow is the big day. Have to be in at 7:15 am and surgery at 9:00 am. I certainly will be opting for the sedative. Thank you so much for everyone in this forum. Yu can ready all the information on medical sites but nothing compares to real people in the same boat. Wish me luck, i am quite nervous because I have never had anything more then stitches.

Hey Melissa,

Welcome to our group. If you go back through all 40+ pages of our little forum, you will find wonderful information from a bunch of wonderful folks. It is very supporting information. We even have a list of who is going when on our July month, but I am sure you will find some folks in August at some point. Most of us who have gotten our surgeries done already are over on the post surgery forum now, but we do check back and forth. I am in Northern VIrginia and the practice that I am going through couldn't be a better run organization. that makes it a lot easier. I will say to be prepared for your before surgery liquid phase, it can be a real interesting time, but useful to shrink your liver (if you are going laproscopically) and keep in mind that after you have your procedure that the first week to 10 days are tough (as you will read, if you go back a few pages, I was not in the best shape) but as the days go by, so does the recovery. My email is lisabooth1968@hotmail.com if you need anything.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Our stories are similar. As I am self pay and my BMI is 34. I'm 33 with two kids and I've dieted, excersise to lose weight and put back on more. I'm at the point in my life now where I am the biggest I have ever been, even being 9 months pregnant with both my kids. So to that I say "No More". I'm scheduled for surgery on Aug. 11, 2011. Any tips you can give me would be great. Please keep in touch I would love to see your progress.

Thanks!

Melissa

I only lost 1 pound on a 10 day pre-op diet, but hey, that's something!

Shauna

I am having my banding done Friday at Ochsners medical center in New Orleans. I have pretty much been on a liguid Protein shake diet for the past 10 days. I thought I would lose lots of weight on this liquid diet....but I have not. What about yall?

k&k:

My dr. had me do Clear liquids for 48 hours after surgery--it helped keep the nausea at bay! Did your dr. give you any anti-nausea meds?

to any of the July bandsters who have gone have had surgery already: my doctor said I could resume my pre-op diet today (day after surgery) but the shakes are making me nauseated. I can only tolerate a few sips of Water at a time. Anybody else stay on clear liquids for a while after their banding?

Good Luck to everyone getting their "buddy" today!!! :rolleyes:

Hope all goes well with Betty!! Sal and I will be thinking of you guys! :)

Amy

Can't wait until tomorrow ... Betty the Lapband's Birthday !!

Yes! I couldn't tolerate shakes after[ surgery. I lived on fruit juice (the kind with sugar), small amounts of Jello and popsicles for days. It wasn't fun, I was really dizzy, but the last thing I wanted was to throw up. Just make sure to stay hydrated and you'll be fine. I wouldn't do that for more than 48 hrs though without checking with your doc. I also found that applesauce was wonderful after the first 48 hours.

Amy

quote name=karmaandkismet' timestamp='1311174149' post='1642296]

to any of the July bandsters who have gone have had surgery already: my doctor said I could resume my pre-op diet today (day after surgery) but the shakes are making me nauseated. I can only tolerate a few sips of Water at a time. Anybody else stay on clear liquids for a while after their banding?

Day 3 of my pre op diet. So far so good. I think I have lost a few pounds but more importantly I am doing this diet which I never thought possible. Feel really bloated from the Protein Drinks. Hope I can hang in there till surgery day on Monday. Then I will have to prepare myself for the post op diet which sounds even harder. Thanks for all the information from those who are already banded. It's great to hear your stories from the post op side. CAT

Howdy!

Got banded a week ago!

Woo Hoo!!!

Lost 18lbs. In 7 days. WoW!!!

Hope all goes well with Betty!! Sal and I will be thinking of you guys! :)

Amy

Thanks, Amy ! WE are ready !

Guest Rock4Light401

This is it......going to bed, waking up at 5am, being admitted at 7am, operated at 9am. I wont be posting in the morning, ill be stressed enough but will check in when I am not loopy. Keep me in your thoughts....i can admit i am scared of complications. On a positive note I weighed myself today after 11 days on liquids. I lost 27 lbs. That certainly makes me feel better about my liver not being an issue. Good night everybody. Good luck to everyone else getting banded today. Thank you all for your support!

Best of luck...you will do great!

This is it......going to bed, waking up at 5am, being admitted at 7am, operated at 9am. I wont be posting in the morning, ill be stressed enough but will check in when I am not loopy. Keep me in your thoughts....i can admit i am scared of complications. On a positive note I weighed myself today after 11 days on liquids. I lost 27 lbs. That certainly makes me feel better about my liver not being an issue. Good night everybody. Good luck to everyone else getting banded today. Thank you all for your support!

Up tomorrow....NomersCat, Coco's mum, Rock4Light401, TWILLED...GOOD LUCK GUYS!