Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Wow Leigha, tragic! Glad you are ok though.

I am 769 miles from Los Angeles coming to you via satellite!!

Had my first urp incident yesterday. Oh well. But we are having a great time. It's nice to get away from all the craziness at home right now.

Leigha: I'm guessing you had insurance on your house so there's at least some good news in all this (she asks hopefully). Did they designate this as an arson? My mouth was hanging open at the story of your husband's ex. Did he hate his wife that he'd deliberately leave her in such dire straits?? My heart goes out to her. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment. Well, ok...my brothers bitch of an ex-wife does but I digress.

Denise: You can't even stay away from us while on a cruise?? Lady, you are so addicted to LBT! I hope you're having enough fun for all of us!

Deb: Wish I could get out and walk. It's still pretty cold here and not expecting it to warm up anytime soon. :(

Jackie: How is your dad doing? Was this a temporary setback for him or does this look long-term?

Well I'm all set for my preop workup on March 14th with my surgery scheduled for the 23rd. At this point, if he goes in and sees an obvious 'fix' so I can keep my band, he has the go ahead to do so. If he can't, then he'll remove the band and port. The decision to do a vertical sleeve will have to be made later. I still can't quite wrap my head around it. Since my insurance pays for psych visits, I went to my first one last week (same person who did my psych eval in 2010) and she agrees that until I am completely convinced, it is best not to move forward. I think I'm going to continue to see her until I do come to a decision...one way or the other.

After getting my band out on Monday, I haven't had any issues with hunger although today I do seem to not be quite as content between meals as I was the previous 2 weeks before the unfill. It's possible it's all in my head but in any case, I'm not giving in to it. I am so close to being in Onederland for my son's wedding and it's a reachable goal.

I have had the oddest thoughts lately on how I'm going to reward myself for taking off this weight. When my youngest son was 12, he took Irish step dancing lessons...something I've always been too heavy to do. I've decided that once I'm down to a manageable weight where I can actually do the step dancing, I'm going to take lessons. It's better than any cardio exercise!

Melody, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope they go in and find something not positioned properly and say, "well, duh, that's why she has had so much pain." I hope it works out where you can keep the band and get it to work properly. I am wishing for the best case. If they do take it out, I'm still wishing for the best ..... whatever that ends up being.

1 week to the preop...2 weeks to surgery...and counting. The time is flying by. I've been hanging around on a couple of the vertical sleeve boards as well as reading some medical reports on the long term results (and possible complications...some leading to a need for a bypass) of the sleeve and have to say that at this point the sleeve is not for me...even if it means struggling with my weight for the rest of my life.

That's ok...my blood sugar is under control and my weight is still coming down now that I'm sticking consistently to my diet. No cravings or hunger despite the unfill <knock on wood>. So life is good. Now if spring would just get here (she says as she's looking out at the 3" of snow that fell yesterday). :blink:

Good morning,

Elfie: I'll be thinking about you in the next couple of weeks. I think your awesome attitude will see you through no matter what happens! But, a few good vibes never hurt anyone!

Leigha: Wow! You have certainly had a lot going on...hang in there! I hope insurance dealings won't be too bad and that your husband's ex can find some peace.

Denise: I am totally jealous and wish I was back in Hawaii! I hope you are loving every single minute of your trip and that your band is behaving!

I don't have much to report...my weight is staying steady,but think I'm losing inches. Trying hard not to get too worried about it!

Have a great day my fellow bandsters!!

Deb

Today we are on Kauai, band is being bad! More the operator is being bad. DH had a horrible day yesterday. Will report later. Now off to get a car for the day!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share something for those of you not on Facebook. My friend posted this for her status and it really hit home...

Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On and crashed into We All Have Problems before coming to a complete stop at Get the Hell Over It. Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

OK got it! Ha Ha

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share something for those of you not on Facebook. My friend posted this for her status and it really hit home...

Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On and crashed into We All Have Problems before coming to a complete stop at Get the Hell Over It. Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

OK got it! Ha Ha

Love it!!!!! And might I add my family line--"put your big girl panties on."

G'day bandsters! I'm in a spring kind of mood these days and today's chilly rain fits right in. Up early, got all my work done before noon and no clients to see in the afternoon, so I've been cleaning my house. For the first time in 3 weeks I can actually see my dining room table. Quite a feat since it's the 'drop it here' spot for things that don't have a permanent 'home' (definitely not enough storage areas in this house). I'm a little queasy at how much dust my Dyson sucked up in just the living room though. Obviously it has been overdue. :blink:

No weight loss on Monday this week but that's ok because I lost quite a bit over the previous two weeks. My question now though is...can one possibly become anorexic after a lifetime of overeating? I'm only half joking. I've had no fill in my band now for about 10 days and I'm not only not hungry, but I really don't feel like eating either. I'm pushing it to just get 800-900 calories in. I'm not complaining! It's such a nice change!

Denise, I hope you're having a good time in Hawaii and that your husband's 'horrible day' has resolved itself! Tell him to suck it up and pull up his big boy panties (a la Shammah). One does not go to Hawaii to have a bad day! ;)

Hmmm...I'm staring at a wall that has paw prints below the line of pictures. I am so going to kill our demon kitty. He likes to stand on the back of the chair and stretch up to the pictures and then knock them off the wall. An easy stretch since he's so big he can stand on his back legs easily and tap me on the butt. So off to wash the guilty prints from the wall.

Ta!

Yesterday I was complaining that my body felt like someone elses. My balance was off and simple things like sitting and standing were awkward. Today I'm back to normal, but <drum roll>...the scales are down another 3 lbs this morning! I am not going to change my ticker (only do that on Mondays) since it might just be Water weight but OMG...after a year of averaging out to a pound or less, I am ecstatic!

Hmmm...nobody here in 4 days. If y'all don't start popping in, I'm going to rename this the ElfiePoo thread. ;)

It's a beautiful sunny day with blue skies but since it's March in Michigan that means I'll be horribly 'surprised' to find it's freezing!

Countdown to band 'removal' is 10 days. Probably not too soon since I do believe my port has flipped on its side if the jutting 'alien' is any indication. On the last two fills and my unfill, the nurse commented that it seemed the port wasn't quit level any more but she was still able to insert the needle. Over the last week, I've had quite a bit more discomfort over the port and now this morning I woke up with this alien protruberance. The only difference during this whole time compared to previous months is that I started doing Tae Bo...but is it possible that muscles tensing in the torso could possibly rip the stitches he used to hold the port in place...a year after surgery?? Oh well...

I think if it's a nice enough day I'm going to go out for a walk. The cabin fever is killing me.

Hope you're all doing well.

Thinking of Denise and the big waves yesterday ...........

Hi Everyone! We are still alive and surfing!

Actually we didn't feel anything. We got out of Hilo on the Big Island the day before the wave hit. The safest place to be during a tsunami, aside from half the world away, is on the open ocean.

I could not get on the ship's wifi as everyone else was doing the same, letting folks know we were well. We also have cell service here, so I was able to let family know we were fine.

It was certainly the talk of the ship! Having a great time. Just a few more days left...wah....Bandit is not being nice, so I am hardly feeding him, as punishment! Now, we are doing much better!

Glad that you and your family are okay Denise!

Elfie: You are not alone on this thread!!

Hope you are all well!

Deb