Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Beautiful Crystl!! Wow, wish I had the patience that.

Elcee, update on your son??

Crystal,

That is gorgeous! Is the center block made up of tiny leaves?

yes, there are leaves on 4 of the fabrics in that one. The pattern was easier than I thought it would be. It is one that is made out of long strips sewn together, then you cut the strips with a rotary cutter. Let me know if you want the pattern and I'll email it to you. The pattern uses 9 fabrics and I narrowed it down to 7.

yes, there are leaves on 4 of the fabrics in that one. The pattern was easier than I thought it would be. It is one that is made out of long strips sewn together, then you cut the strips with a rotary cutter. Let me know if you want the pattern and I'll email it to you. The pattern uses 9 fabrics and I narrowed it down to 7.

Yes, please e-mail me the pattern! Thanks!

There were two ladies on the cruise who were working on the hand portion of quilts. They'd sit by the pool and do their thing. They were soooooo pretty!!

Beautiful quilts!

Good morning bandsters...I think.

I think I might be having a relapse of what I had prior to surgery. I thought my sinuses were just giving me problems because the nasal cannula dried them out but now I'm having a bit off difficulty breathing although no chest congestion. I actually had to use my inhaler last night (which helped). What a PITA.

I've been up for about 2 hours and I'm ready to go back to bed and crash. So I think I will. Have a good one!

Yes, please e-mail me the pattern! Thanks!

I need an email address to send it to. Sending through LBT doesn't let me attach.

Checking in. I did quite a bit of spring cleaning over the weekend, so started off the week with some aches and pains. My housework is never done, ugh. I stepped on the scale today and was up a couple pounds....yikes! I have been hungrier lately. Now I'm tossing around the idea of getting a tiny fill. I looked back at my last fill date and realized it was in June 2010. That fill was one that took me back to my original sweet spot from Sept. 2009. Before I mess with my fill level I guess I should go look at the "what did you eat today" threads. Maybe I just need some variety and lower cal foods.

I stepped on the scale today and was up a couple pounds....yikes! I have been hungrier lately. Now I'm tossing around the idea of getting a tiny fill.

Well we know the band tightens and loosens on its own, so it may be time. Isn't it nice though to only want to lose a few pounds instead of *many*?

Elcee: Your son's surgery is today, yes? Give us an update when you can. Good thoughts and well wishes winging your way!

Good afternoon bandsters!

For those not on Facebook, I spent Monday (keep thinking it was Sunday) in the hospital for 'observation'. I woke up at around 1 a.m. on Sunday morning having difficulty breathing. Then through Sunday, any little exertion would have me sitting down, short of breath again. I was finally convinced to go to the ER to make sure it wasn't a post surgery blood clot. After taking serious advantage of my insurance with a CT scan, echo of the heart, several EKG's and a ton of blood work, I was given a 'cautious' bill of health. Cautious since they still don't know why I suddenly had problems breathing. I think maybe it was because I was exerting myself too much too soon after surgery.

The cardiologist wanted to put me on all sorts of blood pressure and cholesterol meds...not because I necessarily have a problem, but as 'preventative' because diabetics are at greater risk for yada yada. I don't think he was too surprised when I refused since we'd already had a go round about his 'ordering' a restricted diabetic diet of 1800 calories, 15% fat and 160gm carbs. I told him if I ate 1800 calories, I'd gain weight and if I ate 160gm of carbs I'd be back on insulin. His response, "well that's why they make medication." I think that was where I told him he could either take the restrictions off the diet, or my husband would be bringing my meals in. Then again, I don't think I ate even half of each meal because the food was so horrible! How can you screw up scrambled eggs, baked (they lied...it tasted poached) chicken or a freakin' salad?? <shudder>

The were horrified at blood pressure readings of 190/80 and wanted to give me medication. Refused that too. I know what it is normally and told them their BP would be going through the roof if someone woke them from a dead sleep with a rough shake to the shoulder and then immediately took their BP. Dumbasses.

Sooooo glad to be home!

Thanks for the update Melody, have been thinking of you!

Wow Melody. You are much more "in tune" with your own body than the docs. I wish sometimes they would take 2 or 3 minutes to "listen". geez

Wow Melody. You are much more "in tune" with your own body than the docs. I wish sometimes they would take 2 or 3 minutes to "listen". geez

I suppose, to be fair to the docs, most people aren't 'in tune' with their own body so they've kind of learned to just ignore the patient and rely on what they can see with their own eyes. Recipe for a disaster, in my opinion. Fortunately, my regular doctor does listen. I never mind waiting an hour past my appointment time (doesn't happen too often anyway) because I know I'll get the same thoughtful treatment. She comes into the room, sets her computer on the counter, sits down, looks at me and says, "So...talk to me."...and then (more importantly) listens.

I'll be interested to hear what she has to say after she gets all the results from the testing they did.

I'm still having episodes of shortness of breath, although they're lessening, and woke up in the middle of the night with one, so it's not just on exertion. I discovered accidentally yesterday that if I bend over slightly, it's almost like I can take a deeper breath...and I can feel my back sort of 'expanding' (although that's not quite the right word) and allowing the lungs to inflate. I so can't wait to be back to normal!!

Elcee: Are you out there? How'd your son's surgery go?