Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Glad I am not the only one with dental problems. I also think a lot had to do with the fact that when I was my heaviest, I had given up on myself. I let my hair go all gray, didn't wear makeup, and didn't put a whole lot of thought into the clothes I was wearing. As long as the shirts were long enough to cover my gut and big enough not to cling, I would wear it. I also tried to avoid going to the doctor as I knew that any problems I had would come back to my weight.

And now after losing almost 50lbs, I am getting excited about putting makeup on and making sure my hair looks ok. I am still having a problem shopping though. I still gravitate towards the big ugly oversized tops.....I don't know how to shop for cute clothes anymore. But, I am working on it cool.gif. In fact, that is where I am headed now. I am playing bunko tonight and want to show off a little!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

p.s. I love the picture of Butters wearing the shoes! And I love your new avatar too Melody!

Denise: I with Melody. Definitely could be genetic. My mom nor any or her brother or sisters had their own teeth by their late 20''s. My two oldest sister have partials. I know I could be on borrowed time.

Oh well enjoying a quick get away at Atlantic Beach. Saved all my calories for spinach crab dip and seafood lasagna. :D:P I don't know why I saved calories. Ate a two spoonfuls of crab dip and veggie chips, and two shrimps, a scallop, and crabmeat and tiny piece of lasagna noodle, I was done. I'm with Melody on the restriction thing now as I still could eat more than a cup of food, but hunger is not there. I have to wait 4-6 hrs before feel a small grumble for food. However, today I physically could not eat a lot or my chest was so tight like a gas pain but I was not stuck at all(trust that lasagna went down great :D). I guess I am still swollen from surgery or the band is just doing it's own thing.I know my stomach is so bloated. I look pregnant and with my incisions, they look like alien eyes staring up at me because my stomach is sticking so far out. :blink:

I have no doubt genetics play a huge role in the teeth. That and my love of sweet, sugary treats! Which also brought me here to meet you all, just a nice benefit of it. :lol:

Thankfully, I am having very little pain, yay!

tn_gallery_223146_6634_202426.jpg

Oh geez, I think they need to fix a few things when I can go and post other people's pics !

How to: http://www.lapbandta..._1#entry1568179

They need to fix a lot of stuff...I still cant post these little pictures cute dog with shoes....:lol:

Hey Zen! Welcome to the best thread on the board! hee hee! That's my boy in his new shoes! :rolleyes:

HB,

You're right about the dental care, but you have to be careful about the dentist too! Since they were old enough, my children always went for their 6 month checkup and cleaning. We had the same dentist for 6 years. My oldest son was devastated when they discovered 3 cavities at the age of 16. I was a bit puzzled, since they just 'appeared' and were sizeable enough they should've shown up on his x-rays. The dentist tried to say it was because my son drank 'juice'. Uh no...this was my track athlete who never drank anything but Water. Then he said it was lack of fluoride. Uh...so when you said you were doing a fluoride treatment each time,...what were you doing?

Then I come up on my 6 month cleaning and the hygienest tells me that I have to go to a special dentist to have my teeth scaled because they're so bad. WHAT?? I told her that just can't be possible since I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months. She tells me that for the last *SIX* years my teeth have not been completely cleaned because they didn't have enough time to finish the job...but nobody bothered to tell me this so I could schedule in the extra cleanings I needed. Then the dentist comes in and tells me I have 6 new cavities. That's when we had the discussion about why my son suddenly popped up with new cavities and now I am too and nothing the previous 6 month checkup.

I left and, on the recommendation of one of my employees, made an appointment with her dentist. I ended up with 6 hours worth of teeth cleaning to get me back to normal. My children had 3 hours worth of cleaning each even though their teeth had supposedly just been cleaned the month before. Oldest son did not have 3 cavities...he had 7...and the new dentist said they were big enough to see on the xrays taken the *year* before (we had our records transferred). I didn't have 6 cavities...I had 11.

I'm pleased to say that we've been at the new dentist for 10 years now and not one of us has had a cavity since. It's a bit scary that if that particular hygenist hadn't said anything, I could be missing all of my teeth now. As it is, they kept refilling one molar so it's just a shell of a tooth and at some point it's going to crack and they'll have to pull it.

Ok...TMI, but I know those not interested will just skip over anyway. :D

Denise: Love the 'booties'. My sister-in-law has a little dog and she also has a pair of 'red' booties to protect her feet from the snow.

Shads: Which teletubbie? <running>

So yesterday was a good day...today I wake up with a massive headache. God gifts me one hand and slaps me upside the head with the other. My husband says that's my catholic upbringing...it never goes away. :lol:

Hilda is apparently doing her best to convince me she doesn't need a fill Tuesday. I'm not getting stuck, but I can certainly tell when I didn't chew something well enough and I've actually had a couple sliming episodes. Slime came up...food stayed down. So now I'm being very careful to make sure I drink a cup of hot tea before a meal and take small bites and chew well because I am going to get this fill and I don't want to swell the band area by irritating it.

I know, I should probably cancel the fill, but this has been happening for a month now and as soon as I cancel the fill, I get loose again and I'm hungry! So she can just shut up and get with the program.

I hope the Excedrin kicks in soon because it's still dark which means I stand half a chance of falling back asleep for another hour or so. Maybe I'll go lie down and do some mental 'positive healing' techniques. Sometimes it actually works if I can shove the pain aside.

Doesn't Excedrin have caffeine? That could cause a sleeping problem!

Face a bit more swollen today and bruises showing more. Makeup will cover it. The pain woke me up in the middle of the night, but popped a pain pill and all was well.

Doesn't Excedrin have caffeine? That could cause a sleeping problem!

sleep? What's that? I *always* have a sleeping problem. So if I can get rid of the headache, that's a bonus.

Hi All

Back from a weeks holiday in Echuca. Had a great time relaxing with friends, swimming and soaking up the sun.The only downside was the mozzies - unfortunately they love me and I react to the bites. I look like I hvae smallpox! On the good side I have probably gained a pound at the most so that should come back off fairly quickly.

Enjoying reading all this stuff about dentists. I hate them with a passion and only go when i have to. I would rather have another caesar than get my teeth cleaned. I find the cleaning more painful than fillings. I have been known to have to have gas and valium to get my teeth cleaned in the past. I think my hatred of dentists started with a bad experience with a school dentist and it has got worse ever since.Personally I think dentists do their best to find holes in your teeth and if they can't find one they dig one with that horrible pick thing they have. It's also amazing how they never do the job properley the first time.When I have to have a filling it is always in a tooth that has been previously filled and I have one crown that has been done twice - at great cost and it is probably still not fitted as well as it should be. It would be nice to be a shark , imagine just getting a new tooth when you need one. Here in Australia people seem to have really bad teeth. I think it is because dentistry is so expensive and even if you have private health cover you get next to nothing back. It is time they made dentistry cheap and painfree, especially now that dental disease has been linked to heart disease.

Elcee, I get gas for cleanings, too. I don't have dental insurance. I work for the U. S. Government, you'd think they'd offer good insurance, but it is garbage as far as teeth go. Oh well.

enough with the dental hate.... I'm starting to get a complex! just kidding, I understand. I don't really like being the patient in the big chair either.

Ok...I'll be the dissenter. I *love* my dentist and the two hygenists I see are sweethearts! Very friendly and good at what they do. If I even flinch a tiny bit, they immediately back off and ask if I'm ok. I'm going to cry when this man retires.

Good morning...and yes it is a good morning! Since I only lose a pound a week, I figured I may as well just forget about weighing daily and depressing myself. So last week I didn't weigh at all. I get on this morning and WHOOSH...I'm down 4 lbs! Go figure. :blink: So let's see...only 15 more pounds to get under 200...and 15 weeks to my son's wedding. At a pound a week...yeehaw I stand a chance of making it! Yeah baby! I've decided I'm only going to weigh myself on Monday from now on because it will totally depress me if I see even a 1 lb gain this week.

This, plus the fill I'm getting tomorrow will be just the help I need to get through my sister's birthday party this Friday. The party isn't the problem since it's easy enough to pass up the goodies for a one time event, but they're far enough away that I'll have to stay for a couple of days and they're (my mom and sister) my old eating buddies...and they still eat. :(

So, busy day today. Hope you're all having a good one!