Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

OK...first I must rant :rant: I decided 1 week ago that I was really REALLY going to try. I have (mostly) succeeded at eating well, but only got 2 days worth of exercise in due to crazy/business and the fact that I am still getting bad headaches daily. Well...I stepped on the scale today and GAINED 3lbs. I should have at the very least maintained my weight. I was better this week than I have been in months! It makes me not even want to try, because when i wasn't trying I was maintaining :crying: . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Dr. made me switch my birth control pill to one containing no estrogen (due to my MTHRF). I am really wondering if this is the reason for all of my problems. Trust me I realize some of this is on me and I am not looking to totally blame other things, but it just doesn't make sense.

Misty-I LOVE to use ground turkey in my sloppy joes. I think it tastes even better than ground beef. My husband uses it on bread, and I will just eat it or put it over a potato or use a high protein/low carb tortilla.

Counselor-I struggle all the time with my tightness varying. Just like Shammah, it is normally TOM that does it for me.

Melody-So happy that the gluten free thing is helping you! 4lbs in a month sounds awesome to me right now, but I totally get your frustration. I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!!! LOL

Denise-good to hear from you. Why are most people in your MIL generation so hesitant to get help from dr's? I watch my gram struggle (she's 89...will be 90 in June) and then when she goes to the dr, all of a sudden everything is fine!

HB-those are my 2 favorite colors...so if they don't like your new quilt just send it to Pa. :wink_smile:

Bobbie-we missed you! Sorry it has been such a struggle for you. I had to be totally unfilled for 6 weeks and am finally working my way back up. I have thought about taking like that Alli (some really unwanted side effects though), but have not done anything like it yet. I agree with Denise though...as long as it is safe and used as directed and it helps you then I see nothing wrong with it. Now don't leave us again!

Elcee-glad to see you have not been swept away. Have you finished your ark yet?

School starts tomorrow. EEEKKKKK!! I have been struggling with depression again. C'mon Summer! Welcome and Hi to all the newbies...anyone I missed, well you all know I still luv ya :heart: ! I think DH and I are going to "attempt" ice skating today. We will see how this goes!

Ok...so one egg and one slice of bacon is not going to cut it. Fortunately I ate Breakfast an hour later than usual so I don't have to go as long to lunch. Maybe I'll do the same thing at least the rest of this week...just eat half the Breakfast I used to and eat an hour later.

Right now I have a homemade crab cake in the oven and I'm steaming some edamame...yummy. C'mon lunch!

Ok...so one egg and one slice of bacon is not going to cut it. Fortunately I ate breakfast an hour later than usual so I don't have to go as long to lunch. Maybe I'll do the same thing at least the rest of this week...just eat half the breakfast I used to and eat an hour later.

Right now I have a homemade crab cake in the oven and I'm steaming some edamame...yummy. C'mon lunch!

Maybe somewhere in the middle? Two eggs and one slice of bacon? At least you could make a smiley face!

Maybe somewhere in the middle? Two eggs and one slice of bacon? At least you could make a smiley face!

Thpppt.

Stacey,

I have no experience with birth control pills, but I've seen some other threads where people talked about weight gain as a result. Three pounds though...that sounds like maybe Water weight (wishful thinking, am I? ;)). Nah...we'll call it good thoughts. Are you logging your food into something like fitday.com? Is it possible that you have some hidden calories there? Just thinking out loud. :)

Well they've canceled all the schools today, except for the community college, because *supposedly* the roads are icy due to rain that changed to sleet. My son went out (has school and starts his new job at the college today) and said it's still a warm rain. Unfortunately, I think that means by the time he comes home, the roads will be a sheet of ice from the dropping temps. On the bright side...I don't have to leave the house today.

Nothing new to report here. Breakfast is done and I'm off to do some Tae Bo. Have a good one y'all!

Hey everybody!!! I hope some of you remember me (those who I don't see on FB that is LOL).

I finally had a chance to get on LBT and am working through this, my favorite thread. I've lurked here and there, but really missed you all.

2011 is a 'get back on track' year for me. Struggling a bit, but I know that after everything that we've all been through, I will be ok. It's tough because I don't really have time to get to support meetings anymore and most of the time it's me against the world LOL.

I think of you all very often and so miss being here, so I am also going to make it a point to get my butt over here more often!!! I hope you all have a great new year and continue to inspire other bandsters on this thread with your successes :-)

--K xo

Happy New Year Everyone!

I'm new to this thread-I am another one who is very happy the Holiday's are over and I'm ready to bring on the new year. So far so good......I was banded on October 19, 2010. Up until my most recent fill last Tuesday I did not feel any restriction. I am pretty sure that is what I'm feeling now. If I eat too fast I feel a slight pain in my chest-almost like food is stuck in my throat. I take a deep breath and a break for a few min and then I'm fine. Is this what it feels like to have restriction? I'm eating about 8 oz of food at a time and feeling full. I really think that I finally found my "sweet spot". I'm continuing to make healthy food choices and i work out 30-45 min every single day. I'm feeling GREAT!!!! The one thing that I'm struggling with is finding new healthy food choices that aren't "too" healthy. My husband is less than impressed with my new menu. He does not like fish-if anyone can reccomend any chicken or ground turkey receipes I would really apprecaite it. It is just the two of us so making two different dinners each night is silly. Thank you!

Mistybrooks

Hi Misty.

I have a boatload of recipes that I have compiled since being banded. Yummy stuff. My hubby enjoys them and he doesn't even like to eat healthy LOL I need to figure out how to do an attachment (format is newer to me--I'm an 'oldhead' bandster. Or if you want to PM me your email address I can do it that way.

Karen

It is so great to hear from you again Karen! We miss you! Pop in now and then.

Hey Karen--good to see you on LBT :rolleyes: Welcome Misty to the thread and restriction.

Just stopping in briefly. Port revision surgery tomorrow! Will check back in tomorrow if I am not too out of it.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop by briefly to wish Shad well on her port revision surgery!

Deb

Shoot me now. I feel like a truck ran over me and I have one of those 'heavy' headaches and proof that wheat is no good for me. I made some cheese bread yesterday and, forgetting (how the heck could I just 'forget'!?) I was avoiding wheat, had a piece with my dinner as my 'starch'. Ugh. Along with the headache, my whole body just feels lethargic and 'puffy'. Who would believe such a small amount of wheat could have such an effect.:blink:

Shad, good luck with your port revision!

Melody

Whoo hoo for the port revision ..... now maybe things will go a bit smoother for you. Ugh.... just the thought of anesthesia makes me feel sick. I hope you feel better soon. :)

The general forum is getting on my nerves. I better just stick to this thread for awhile so I don't offend anyone.

I have today off because my schedule is such a mess now. I do have to drive to the big city and do a couple things and may spend some time on the new quilt. It is going together pretty fast. I'll post pics when I can.

I hope you all have a great day and drop at least a pound for the day!!:D

Thinking of you, Shammah!

Karen, yay!! See, I mentioned you and Zumba, and you Zumba'ed back into the thread! Woot!

I went shopping with a friend yesterday. Did you know I am a size 1? Ha! Chicos has a very odd form of sizing. But I got 4 new pair of pants and 3 sweaters. How fun! Got rid of 3 pair of pants in the closet. It is odd to be wearing clothes out rather than growing out of them! Found a great sale at banana Republic, 40% off their clearance stuff. Got a pair of Cords for $9.00. Too bad I could not find more!

Stacie---did the headaches coincide with the new BCPs? Migraines can be hormone related. I had a doctor take me off birth control pills completed trying to get my migraines under control. Turns out mine are not hormone related at all, but I am just curious about the timing of it for you. I was put on a medicine called Topamax in September 2009. It is an anti-seizure drug, but has worked miracles for my migraines. It is also one of the few preventive medicines that does not cause weight gain. I used to go through Imitrex (maximum of 9 per month) like it was candy, and when I took them they did not stop the Migraine like the were supposed to. I'd run out about half-way through the month. Now one 9-pill bottle lasts me about 3 or 4 months.

Ok, gotta get back to work!