Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

LBT is really screwed up. I came on at 1:30 a.m. this morning because I couldn't sleep and discovered that the LBT was back online...but missing hundreds of posts made on Friday. I posted a few things and then logged off. Now I come on and it looks like they've reset the system back to Feb. 2nd.

Hope they figure out what's going on soon.

LBT is really screwed up. I came on at 1:30 a.m. this morning because I couldn't sleep and discovered that the LBT was back online...but missing hundreds of posts made on Friday. I posted a few things and then logged off. Now I come on and it looks like they've reset the system back to Feb. 2nd.

Hope they figure out what's going on soon.

Yes, It's been pretty screwed up. Sometimes I can't get on the site. There are several posts I made that no longer show up. I even went back to edit spelling on a couple and now the posts don't show up at all in those threads.

Hi everyone!

I have been lurking for the last week or two, not posting a whole lot. I am here every day and reading others posts.....just haven't had the time to post myself.

I have my full time day job (where I am out of the house around 6 am and home around 6 pm---due to almost an hour commute each way). Plus, I am teaching three college courses at night. So Tuesday, and Wednesday nights I don't get home until 10pm. The other course I teach is an online course, and that takes a fair amount of my time in the evening. Mix in my teenager that I am chaufeuring all over town......I don't know if I am coming or going.

Anyway....I am doing pretty good. I am still losing--slowly. But I am losing! Tonight I am getting myself remotivated and back to the gym which will help.

One thing I have learned is that my band, gives me control to maintain when my life is crazy! Pre-band...i would have had fast food on the nights I teach...and Snacks from the vending machine during class. Not now!

I hope everyone is doing well. We are expecting more snow again tonight and in a few days.....oh the joy of living in Maine.

Jackie

Hi Everyone,

Arg...this LBT makes me crazy sometimes. I'm not a frequent poster, but read every day and last night I actually posted and it is gone!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a fill last Friday and boy is my band tight. I can still get down my Water, but I feel like I'm having to re-learn how to eat again! On the bright side I finally have lost over 50 lbs. 53 to be exact and that means I am half way to my goal. Woo hoo!! I finally posted a new picture on Facebook and people are surprised at how I look. It's nice to see some of their comments. Not everyone knows I've had a lapband, but almost all do.

I hope you are all staying warm where ever you are. It's been nice in Tampa, FL, but I feel for those of you covered in snow. Arg!!

Take care,

Deb

Oh... what a long few weeks it has been.... :(

In BandLand, I had been vomiting a LOT at night, like every night. As soon as I dozed off, and several times through out the night. Even if I hadn't eaten anything for several hours before bed, I found myself throwing up acid/bile... something yucky.

During the day, I was only able to eat 3-4 bites at a meal. About half the time, I ended up purging it. And even though all this lasted for almost a month, I didn't lose a single pound....

I was scared my band had slipped, or at the very least was too tight. However, I hadn't been in for a fill for 2 months. But the last time I went to the doctor and had an unfill due to a barium swallow for my Crohn's, I only had one CC removed, and gained 5 lbs in a week!

My boyfriend finally convinced me to go to the doctor (which I of course knew was best) and he removed one CC. I felt better immediately and haven't thrown up again (thanks goodness!) but I am hungry all day long, and have gained 4 pounds in 10 days. :(

The doctor is going to start filling me .25 CC's at a time this Friday. Hopefully I will ease into my sweet spot.

I guess I'm just confused.... I had my surgery over a year ago, and was at that fill level for well over a month with no problems. All of a sudden, it got super tight and never let up again, even after trying liquids for a couple days, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

In other life news, I am in school working on my Administration degree (to be a school principal, etc) and this semester is killing me! UG!

Jackie: We may lose slowly...but we're losing! I used to live in Maine. I taught school in a one room schoolhouse out on Frenchboro (off Mt. Desert). Loved the weather on the island. Never really too cold or too warm because of the ocean. Loved it.

Deb: I have a son and daughter-in-law who live in Largo and a bil and sil who live in Tampa. I think I'll take my cold winters over your summers!

CIS: I've given up figuring why the band will all of a sudden tighten or loosen after months. I just go with the flow. Hopefully you'll be back at your sweet spot soon.

So I'm down 4 lbs last week and 2 this week. After that 1 lb per week, I'm amazed! I expected to lose nothing after last week's 4 lbs. I'm so close to Onderland and really think I'll make it by May 15th (son's wedding) now! Woohoo!

Allow me a little vent here...

Why do some people feel the need to bash Atkins? The only difference between Atkins and what most band doctors recommend is that they do low fat and low carb and Atkins allows higher fat (about 60% compared to 30% in a low fat diet). If people can't stick to Atkins, then where is the rationale that the low carb, low fat diet that most band surgeons prescribe is somehow more sustainable long term?

Do people even hear the nonsense they spout?

Elfie.....congrats on being so close to onederland! I cannot wait to join you!

I think it is amazing how we lose weight. It sometimes seem like the scale isn't moving at all (or very little) and then *boom* I will drop several pounds. I have stopped wondering about it and just accept it now! As long as the scale keeps going down, I am happy! I have the patience to see this through to goal!

I think posters bash things like Atkins because it doesn't or hasn't worked for them......kind of like all the different eating plans with the lapband.....they are all over the place when you really look at them and some people are very aligned with what they are used to and can't entertain the thought of something different. Some people are able be open minded and support posters regardless of what they believe.....others just can't do that.

Jackie

maineJackie, i think you've hit the nail on the head! I believe that some folks believe what they believe and forget about the "out liers" as there always are in everything that we do. And then again the literal, I read a post where someone had stated that they were going (and I am paraphrasing so don't hold me to it verbatim) to have a chicken skin and all. There were those that went "really?" and then there were those that went eewweee and then there were those that went wow alot of food, good for you.

Waht I have learned about this (imho) process is about finding out what works for us as individuals and to a certain extent finding out about stuff that we didn't know about or maybe never even thought about...Who can explain human nature?

Waht I have learned about this (imho) process is about finding out what works for us as individuals and to a certain extent finding out about stuff that we didn't know about or maybe never even thought about...Who can explain human nature?

Exactly! Years ago I did the whole Optifast thing for a month and lost nothing. I actually gained 12 pounds on Weight Watchers in one month. In both cases, I was a stickler for exactness...no cheating. Despite that I don't feel the need to bash OptiFast or WW. I just say whatever works for you.

Jackie, I'm with you on the patience. I guess if I had the 'patience' to spend 40 years getting fat, what are a few years of patience in getting to a healthy weight. When I look at it like that, it seems unreasonable to complain about losing 1 lb a week. So no more whining...I'll accept what comes knowing that at the end of it all, I'm creating a healthier way of eating which means a healthier body.

I try so hard not to complain!! My feeling is if I don't like something---I change it. If I can't change it, I change the way I think about it.

I am so excited to feel good and look good. I am going to kick it up because I want to be in onderland for my birthday on May 5th. I am 35 lbs away. Not sure I can make it but I am going to try!!

I want to wear fashionable clothes to my daughter's high school graduation. I want to not be the fat mom!!

Hi Jackie,

Good luck with your goal. I'll bet you can do it. I too have a goal although it's a bit farther out than yours. My son is getting married in September and I REALLY want to be down to my goal weight (135) by then.

I am excited by the weight I have lost so far (22 pounds) and I haven't even had my first fill. I really took the pre-op diet seriously and lost quite a bit before the surgery. Now I am nervous about my first fill but excited too to see what it feels like and if it makes this whole 'eating' thing easier.

Best of luck and have a good day.

Barbara

I try so hard not to complain!! My feeling is if I don't like something---I change it. If I can't change it, I change the way I think about it.

I am so excited to feel good and look good. I am going to kick it up because I want to be in onderland for my birthday on May 5th. I am 35 lbs away. Not sure I can make it but I am going to try!!

I want to wear fashionable clothes to my daughter's high school graduation. I want to not be the fat mom!!

Hi All,

I'd like to join this thread. I have been posting and lurking on the lbt for a while, but the site seems to be going so negative. I was actually afraid to post a postitive post because people just don't want to hear it. They just want to complain. I'm about 2 weeks post op and have lost 18 pounds so far. Very happy with the number. Just got my staples out yesterday and so much more comfortable. My food intake has been about a cup a meal, and it holds me for 3-4 hours. Um...no fill? It's a bit odd and scary that the roof will colapse and I'll be in banster hell like everyone else. But I'm happy with the now. Ok, off and running. Took me all morning (shh don't tell work) to read up on this thread. Happy to join!!

Nicole

LOL, so the proof to my words were shown today. Negative posts get responded to, positive not so much. There are 3 posts that are "2 weeks post op". Two of them are postive (mine one of them) and one is negative. My post has one reply, the other none, the negative 11 replies. It's sad really. Anyway, I love the positive nature of this thread. :)

Hi Nicole...welcome to the thread! Maybe you're one of the lucky ones who are helped just with the band!