Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2011 - banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Morning bandsters. Welcome to everyone! It's good to see some activity here.

HB: Congrats on finishing your quilt! You actually inspired me to start quilting again. Right now I'm just playing with some leftover materials while waiting for the materials for my first project to arrive. I love the materials at keepsakequilting.com (quality and patterns) so when I do a 'keepsake' quilt, that's where I go. Can't wait...but in the meantime, this play quilt is keeping my hands busy with something other than cooking.

2be: I don't have a TOM and my band still gets tight for no reason. After a year I figure it's just something I'm going to have to live with. I do think it has a mind of its own. Just about the time I think I need to get a fill due to hunger, my band tightens so that I struggle a bit with 'almost stuck' episodes. As a result I haven't had a fill since October. Last week...same thing. Considered getting a fill and almost immediately my band went tight. Go figure.

Melody

Well my goal over the holidays was just to maintain and I accomplished that. I have to admit that, since being back on Atkins since the day after christmas, I do feel much better this morning. I've come to the conclusion that carbs make me stupid.

It's time to stop being carb stupid though because my middle son is getting married on May 15th and, after looking at the Christmas pictures, I *DO NOT* want to still be this heavy 5 months from now! I know because of a number of reasons, I lose weight slowly, so I'd just be happy with under 200 at this point. So that's my goal right now...to stay focused and on track...no wavering (thank God there are no 'food' holidays between now and then) for the next 5 months.

Melody

Well my goal over the holidays was just to maintain and I accomplished that. I have to admit that, since being back on Atkins since the day after christmas, I do feel much better this morning. I've come to the conclusion that carbs make me stupid.

It's time to stop being carb stupid though because my middle son is getting married on May 15th and, after looking at the Christmas pictures, I *DO NOT* want to still be this heavy 5 months from now! I know because of a number of reasons, I lose weight slowly, so I'd just be happy with under 200 at this point. So that's my goal right now...to stay focused and on track...no wavering (thank God there are no 'food' holidays between now and then) for the next 5 months.

Melody

Amen to no more food holidays even though my family will definitely find a reason to eat. I reduced my carbs a few days ago. I felt better, loss the few pounds I gained, and it reduced my appetite. So guess I am just carb dumb. Starting Atkins Monday if the doctor does not give me fill(pretty sure he is not).

2be I definitely am tighter during TOM. In fact it is only during TOM that I have had my two PB/sliming episodes. :(

Congrats MaineJackie

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well. This is going to be the year that I kick ass in the gym. I have been slacking lately with the holidays and my cruise. I go tomorrow to sign up for some personal training because I know that I will have such a hard time doing it myself. I hope everyone does well this year!

Well, Melody, looks like we both have big events in May to look forward to! Let's make it awesome and both be slimmer and healthier for our big events!

Are you sure there are no food holidays? Haven't you missed Easter? I went into the supermarket to buy a newspaper yesterday and they had Easter eggs out. I bet if I had ventured as far as the bakery it would have been full of Hot Cross Buns.< /p>

Tomorrow!!! My son and I rejoin the world of people who exercise and eat decently tomorrow! No more whining, no more lazies, just time to get back off our butts and do it. I gave up on the scale the week after my last fill so will likely weep openly tomorrow when I finally step back on 'em, but oh well, what's done is done. Glad you've all made it through the holidays in one pieced. Sugarbaby is ADORABLE!!! Connor keeps asking me to check for videos on him (her?).

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

I would also like to join this thread. I definately need to recommit this year and finish what I started 2 years ago.

Hi to everyone new joining the thread! Welcome!

HB, the quilt is beautiful! I am crocheting another baby afghan for someone at work.

Leigha, Sugarbaby is adorable! Butters and Stella spent the weekend locked in mortal combat, which is both locked onto a tennis ball--lightly growling at eachother. Just sitting there waiting for something to happen! So funny!

I spent the weekend reformatting DH's computer. An IT person, I am not! URGH. But, it is finally working again!

It is raining again. I love it.

My hope for the new year is to not get stuck...yeah, right! Here's hoping.

Are you sure there are no food holidays? Haven't you missed Easter? I went into the supermarket to buy a newspaper yesterday and they had Easter eggs out. I bet if I had ventured as far as the bakery it would have been full of Hot Cross Buns.< /p>

No, we've never done the easter basket thing with the colored eggs, chocolate, etc. so no food holiday here. Good thing because I have nothing to sidetrack me in the near future!

I had to drag my butt out into the freezing cold this morning in order to get to Sam's club during business hours. Otherwise I'd have to deal with the 'blue hairs' as my sister calls them. While I was there, I was rewarded for getting out early! Years ago I did Tae Bo which I enjoyed a lot but then my VCR broke. We replaced it with a DVD so no more Tae Bo and I couldn't find a DVD version of the Basic Tae Bo...just the 'Boot Camp and 'Maximum Workout'...don't think so. I found a Basic Tae Bo DVD this morning! Woohoo! They only had *one* so I'm thinking they dragged it out of a dusty box in some corner of their warehouse.

I feel really good after a couple days of eating 'clean' and am just trying to stay consistently focused. The only downside is that I've once again lost that little Water layer beneath my skin. My legs, hands and arms look 'skinny'...but I'm *FREEZING* without that little layer of insulation. If this continues, I'm going to splurge on a couple pair of silk long johns next winter!

Melody

I weighed today 137.8, whew! This morning I gathered up all the junk in the house and Rob took it to his daughter who was headed back to college. So I am going to straighen up and fly right! No Cookies, candy, cake, egg nog for me!

Hi to all the new people!

Christie-- Tell Conner I have to do youtube from work cause my laptop is 50 in dog/computer years! I will post some new ones tomorrow.

I saw them putting out Valentine candy yesterday! UGH!

OK Got to get back to end of year BS paperwork!

I love my band. Jumped on the scales this morning and they still show 51.7kg. If I consider how much junk I have eaten over the last couple of weeks that is incredible. It obviously isn't as much junk as in previous years - I didn't eat any stollen, Christmas cake, only a couple of mince pies. a few pieces of shortbread etc - but it was enough that I was happy and didn't feel deprived. It makes me wonder how much more weight I could lose if I had the inclination. Unfortunately i seem to have hit a comfortable spot and am too lazy to get off my backside to do anything more at the moment.

I am still amazed at how much food they serve in restaurants. My hubby was craving pizza yesterday so we went to an italian "fast food" restaurant. No way was I going to eat pizza so I ordered a starter size fettucine with chicken, bacon and capsicums. The serve they brought me was huge - I think i managed 1/3 and I was stuffed. Would hate to have seen the full size version. It's ridiculous really - no wonder so many people have a weight problem as we no longer no what a normal sized portion looks like. Plus think of all the food that goes to waste. It would be better to serve less and charge less.

Nice to see all the new people joining us.Welcome.

Leigha: I'm getting serious puppy cravings just watching your Sugarbaby videos. He is so freaking adorable!!

Elcee: I know what you mean about portion sizes. My husband and I always shared meals when we went out. Now that we're both working on losing weight, we share a meal *and* there are leftovers to take home...and our 18 year old son gets to enjoy it as well. It is so nice, though, to get up out of a chair after dinner and feel 'good' versus feeling stuffed and groaning about how miserable we are because we ate too much, eh?

Welcome to all the newbies to the list!

I'm not sure what happened yesterday but I normally aim for 1200 calories and I really missed it by a lot! At the end of the day fitday was telling me I'd only eaten 700 calories. I had to go back over my calculations several times to make sure I hadn't screwed something up since it sure didn't feel like I'd eaten that little. Not complaining, I'll take it. Particularly since my scale says I'm down 2 pounds this morning.

Today I start my Tae Bo and after ridding myself of the holiday carbs this past week, I feel like I might actually have enough energy to do it for at least 30 minutes.

Busy morning, so off to get started. Hope you all have a great day!

Melody