Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I am a December 2010 Bandster.. I have NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT?? IN fact, I gained 5 lbs. I have had 2 fills and NOTHING.. My eating is NOT restricted. I have not gagged or vomited. I can eat a buffet or anything... I am feeling depressed. I work out 3-4 days per week and still Nothing. I need help with the eating.. I need restricting.. why is this band not working?????

I am a December 2010 Bandster.. I have NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT?? IN fact, I gained 5 lbs. I have had 2 fills and NOTHING.. My eating is NOT restricted. I have not gagged or vomited. I can eat a buffet or anything... I am feeling depressed. I work out 3-4 days per week and still Nothing. I need help with the eating.. I need restricting.. why is this band not working?????

You need to talk to your surgeon's team, and sort out what's going on. Gagging and vomiting is not a sign of the band working correctly. (I've lost almost 80 pounds and I have never gagged or vomited.) The band won't prevent you from eating, it only reduces your hunger. You can eat a minimal diet, but if you eat the wrong things, you may not lose weight. If your exercise only balances out the calories gained by your eating habits, then you also may not lose weight. There are a lot of reasons why your loss may be stalled, and you owe it to yourself to figure out what's going on.

Good luck!

Dave

i was banded 12.16.10..i have lost 40 lbs,,,wish it was more

I really hope I'm not losing my restriction. I've been hungry this week shortly after eating. I'm getting TOM very soon and I hope it is just that. I only have whatever fill was put in during surgery (still haven't asked what that is). I just started birth control today actually because I've been getting really sick on my first day. Does anyone know if that helps with getting hungry the week before?

Sorry guys if thats to much for you...lol

I. too, get hungrier before and the first few days at TOM. When is your next lap band follow up?

I didn't have hardly any restriction until my 3rd fill. When is your next follow up appt? Are you drinking any calories like alcohol, smoothies, juices, shakes...? Follow up care is crucial to success. Hang in there!

Before I reached the correct restriction I wasn't losing much at all. Now I am losing 2-3 pounds per week.

I have "BIG" news! I have reached ONEDERLAND! I weighed in at 198.2 this AM! :D

Joan

I have "BIG" news! I have reached ONDERLAND! I weighed in at 198.2 this AM! :D

Joan

Way to go Joan! Congratulations!

Dave

I have "BIG" news! I have reached ONDERLAND! I weighed in at 198.2 this AM! :D

Joan

WOO HOO!!!! That is wonderful!!!

Congratulations Joan! How exciting!

I'm nearly at my goal of no longer being obese and only overweight laugh.gif

which will then bring me under 100 (kilos that is).

I've taken the day off work today to get an unfill. I can't stand it anymore. The lump I'm feeling in my chest constantly and tiny amount of food that I can actually keep down is driving me crazy and the scale didn't move this week! angry.gif

I found a Dr nearby yesterday but he refused to help me out and told me I need to go back to my Dr which is a 1 1/2 hours drive away. So I spent another unpleasant night with my stomach gurgling and slight reflux. I can't wait to see the Dr. this afternoon. I still can't work out why my band is getting tighter. Its been over 2 weeks now and each day is getting worse. The only thing I've been doing differently is lots of exercise and ab workouts! Who knows it doesn't make sense to me.

I. too, get hungrier before and the first few days at TOM. When is your next lap band follow up?

I have "BIG" news! I have reached ONEDERLAND! I weighed in at 198.2 this AM! :D

Joan

I just had my last appointment and my next one isn't til may 25th. If it doesn't stop. I'll make it sooner, but I'm hoping it is just TOM.

Congrats on onederland! Can't wait til I'm there, still have 12 lb to go

Yeah I had my un-fill and I feel fantastic...... but very hungry! rolleyes.gif

I can drink Water again without it hurting and enjoyed 1/2 cup of coffee!

The Dr. took 1 cc out which surprised me. I was hoping he would only take out 0.5 cc, so I'm only 0.5 cc more than my last fill. Most of my restriction has gone.

He said I needed to give my stomach/pouch a rest for a few weeks and then go back for a refill. He also mentioned that I could have aggravated the band by eating spicy food or by drinking something really hot. He explained that spicy food often sits longer in the pouch / band area and can irritate the stomach lining near the band. Anyone else heard of this?

The effect was immediate so now I have to make sure I only eat small meals and continue my exercise regime and maybe put up with my hunger pangs. Better than a lump in the chest and water hurting going down though, not to mention the vomiting and sliming and weight loss slowing down!

Dr. was very pleased with my weight loss and only wants me to lose 15 more kilos (33lb). I want to lose more, but he said I might be disappointed and never get there if I set the goal to high as the people with the lap band don't always lose 100 % of their excess weight. Well I didn't tell him that this board proves that theory wrong and there are heaps of people reaching their goal and plenty going under their goal. I'm aiming to be one of those people! However, 15 kilos seems so much closer than 20. Maybe I'll make this my mini goal rolleyes.gif

i was banded 12.16.10..i have lost 40 lbs,,,wish it was more

I was 12/17/2010 and Im down about 45#, I think we are on the right track, Im shooting for 100# by surgery anniversay.

Yeah I had my un-fill and I feel fantastic...... but very hungry! rolleyes.gif

I can drink Water again without it hurting and enjoyed 1/2 cup of coffee!

The Dr. took 1 cc out which surprised me. I was hoping he would only take out 0.5 cc, so I'm only 0.5 cc more than my last fill. Most of my restriction has gone.

He said I needed to give my stomach/pouch a rest for a few weeks and then go back for a refill. He also mentioned that I could have aggravated the band by eating spicy food or by drinking something really hot. He explained that spicy food often sits longer in the pouch / band area and can irritate the stomach lining near the band. Anyone else heard of this?

The effect was immediate so now I have to make sure I only eat small meals and continue my exercise regime and maybe put up with my hunger pangs. Better than a lump in the chest and water hurting going down though, not to mention the vomiting and sliming and weight loss slowing down!

Dr. was very pleased with my weight loss and only wants me to lose 15 more kilos (33lb). I want to lose more, but he said I might be disappointed and never get there if I set the goal to high as the people with the lap band don't always lose 100 % of their excess weight. Well I didn't tell him that this board proves that theory wrong and there are heaps of people reaching their goal and plenty going under their goal. I'm aiming to be one of those people! However, 15 kilos seems so much closer than 20. Maybe I'll make this my mini goal rolleyes.gif

Glad to hear you got the relief you were after. That must have been awful to go through.

I can't imagine how the band would know if you were eating spicy or non-spicy food. (Picturing a guard with a turnstile like at the airport.) "Ok, you're Not Spicy. You can go through." <pause> "Hold it! You're Spicy! You stay over there till I say you can go through..." :) Sorry, but I don't think that's how it works. I eat spicy food all the time, and I don't even feel it. I don't even get heartburn anymore - not since they repaired my hiatal hernia.

I set my goals at five and ten pounds at a time. That way I get mini-goals I can feel good about, all the while keeping a long eye on the long term goal, which is probably just out of reach. if I get within 20 pounds of my ultimate goal, i'll be happy. but I'm sure as heck gonna try and get there! :)

Good luck with things!

Dave

I just hate my jeans. They are fine when they come out of the dryer, but wear them for a few hours and they feel like they are falling down. They are size 20, but I have one pair of 18's that I can put on and button but they are uncomfortable

it's a pain! I skipped right over 18 apparently.. I bought some 16's yesterday blink.gif I wish I could wear dresses all the time instead haha, but my legs are ugly.

I really hope I'm not losing my restriction. I've been hungry this week shortly after eating. I'm getting TOM very soon and I hope it is just that. I only have whatever fill was put in during surgery (still haven't asked what that is). I just started birth control today actually because I've been getting really sick on my first day. Does anyone know if that helps with getting hungry the week before?

Sorry guys if thats to much for you...lol

Then it should be time for a fill if you can't go 4-5 hours without being hungry.. maybe give it sometime and see.. if you said it just started. Also are you eating enough to keep you full?

I'm eating the same as I was before. I'm not going to jump into a fill. I'm going to give it at least a couple of weeks. I have a feeling it is just tom.

Anybody getting any weird soreness ? I've got this soreness, it's like 2-3 inches to the right of my port. It feels like it's under my last rib on my right side. I can't figure out what the F it is and it's really bugging me.... I've kind of slowed down my weight loss so I think it might be time for a half CC fill. I guess I'll have to ask the surgeon.

Hi all my fellow December Bandsters! Question time:

How many fills have you all had?

How many cc's are in your band?

What kind of band & what size is it?

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot?

I have had 4 fills

I am at 5.75cc

I have an Allergan Standard AP 10cc band

I do feel like I have good restriction since last weeks fill :)