Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Hello,

I went in for another deflate today. I now have 4.5cc in my band. I was SO sick yesterday with vomiting and horrible stomach pain. I had been vomiting almost daily still since my deflate the end of March. Strange. I am now back to where I was 1 month post op. I have my monthly appt. scheduled for Friday. Maybe doc will put a little fill back in?

Joan

Hello,

I went in for another deflate today. I now have 4.5cc in my band. I was SO sick yesterday with vomiting and horrible stomach pain. I had been vomiting almost daily still since my deflate the end of March. Strange. I am now back to where I was 1 month post op. I have my monthly appt. scheduled for Friday. Maybe doc will put a little fill back in?

Joan

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better and stop throwing up!

I had the most amazing week last week...I had to go on a business trip to Atlanta which is where my boss and the rest of my department work. They had not seen me since October, so the last time I saw them I was about 10 lbs heavier than my starting weight. I wish I had a video of people's reactions to seeing me...it was priceless!! I also got to spend some time with my family and my in-laws while I was there and, with the exception of my parents, none of them had seen me since before surgery either. All in all, I got a HUGE dose of NSVs to tide me over when things get tough (including getting a size 18 pair of pants up and zipped - although they won't be making a public appearance until I have lost another 5-10 lbs)...and I lost 5.8 lbs while I was there as a bonus (not sure how that happened but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth...LOL :lol: ).

How many fills have you all had? 2

How many cc's are in your band? 5.5

What kind of band & what size is it? Lap-Band, 10 cc

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? No, I used to be for the past 2 months, but now it's a struggle to lose the 1-2lbs per week, working out 4-5 times a week. I used to not work out at all and lose 2 lbs no problem. I'm hungrier more often than I used to be. I'm going to schedule a .5 cc fill next week to see if I can curb my hunger a bit.

Im in your spot as well, time for an adjustment

I had the most amazing week last week...I had to go on a business trip to Atlanta which is where my boss and the rest of my department work. They had not seen me since October, so the last time I saw them I was about 10 lbs heavier than my starting weight. I wish I had a video of people's reactions to seeing me...it was priceless!! I also got to spend some time with my family and my in-laws while I was there and, with the exception of my parents, none of them had seen me since before surgery either. All in all, I got a HUGE dose of NSVs to tide me over when things get tough (including getting a size 18 pair of pants up and zipped - although they won't be making a public appearance until I have lost another 5-10 lbs)...and I lost 5.8 lbs while I was there as a bonus (not sure how that

happened but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth...LOL :lol: ).

That is awesome. I'm going to be seeing some friends on Friday that I haven't seen since august and I was like probably about 50 lbs heavier. As much as I hate people fussing over my weight and stuff, I hope they notice. I mean they can't not, my loss may be slower but I am a ton smaller.

Also I have about 4 lb (less probably after I weigh tomorrow) til I am 100lb less than my highest weight (not all with lap band). That will be a happy day when I see 208 on the scale! Then not much further after til onederland!

Went for my monthly check up today, and I am down another 10 pounds.

I celebrated by going shopping for a size 14 jeans!! From a 20 to a 14 since June 2010 :D

I'm feeling pretty good, not having too many problems with getting stuck or pb'ing unless I eat too fast. Then I get stuck a bit and have to either wait, or get up and walk around a bit. I just have to remember that just because the first couple bites went down good....wait for the next bite.

I'm having a little pain around my port area, and found out that it's because I have a sit down job and the port may be hitting up against my ribs. We are going to watch this for the next 6-8 weeks and possibly move the port if the pain persists.

I have to say that my weekly support groups definately help me. It's my weekly inspiration and check in with my other lap band buddies.

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better and stop throwing up!

I feel SO much better! Thanks!

I had the most amazing week last week...I had to go on a business trip to Atlanta which is where my boss and the rest of my department work. They had not seen me since October, so the last time I saw them I was about 10 lbs heavier than my starting weight. I wish I had a video of people's reactions to seeing me...it was priceless!! I also got to spend some time with my family and my in-laws while I was there and, with the exception of my parents, none of them had seen me since before surgery either. All in all, I got a HUGE dose of NSVs to tide me over when things get tough (including getting a size 18 pair of pants up and zipped - although they won't be making a public appearance until I have lost another 5-10 lbs)...and I lost 5.8 lbs while I was there as a bonus (not sure how that happened but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth...LOL :lol: ).

That is wonderful! you should feel so proud of yourself!

Went for my monthly check up today, and I am down another 10 pounds.

I celebrated by going shopping for a size 14 jeans!! From a 20 to a 14 since June 2010 :D

I'm feeling pretty good, not having too many problems with getting stuck or pb'ing unless I eat too fast. Then I get stuck a bit and have to either wait, or get up and walk around a bit. I just have to remember that just because the first couple bites went down good....wait for the next bite.

I'm having a little pain around my port area, and found out that it's because I have a sit down job and the port may be hitting up against my ribs. We are going to watch this for the next 6-8 weeks and possibly move the port if the pain persists.

I have to say that my weekly support groups definately help me. It's my weekly inspiration and check in with my other lap band buddies.

Congratulations on those size 14's!

Joan

That is awesome. I'm going to be seeing some friends on Friday that I haven't seen since august and I was like probably about 50 lbs heavier. As much as I hate people fussing over my weight and stuff, I hope they notice. I mean they can't not, my loss may be slower but I am a ton smaller.

Also I have about 4 lb (less probably after I weigh tomorrow) til I am 100lb less than my highest weight (not all with lap band). That will be a happy day when I see 208 on the scale! Then not much further after til onederland!

I'm sure they will notice the difference, Jess. :D

I'm sure they will too. On a positive note, went to old navy to get new jeans because my size 20 ones I got there like 2 months ago only fit me right out of the dryer and stretch to big within a few hours of wearing them. Tried on a pair of 18"s and they fit, but were slightly loose and I knew they would end up to big once I wore them. So I was like what the he'll. Grabbed a pair of 16 s and they fit! A but snug and I'll probably wear them around the house for a tiny bit just to break them in before Saturday. I can't believe it!

I'm sure they will too. On a positive note, went to old navy to get new jeans because my size 20 ones I got there like 2 months ago only fit me right out of the dryer and stretch to big within a few hours of wearing them. Tried on a pair of 18"s and they fit, but were slightly loose and I knew they would end up to big once I wore them. So I was like what the he'll. Grabbed a pair of 16 s and they fit! A but snug and I'll probably wear them around the house for a tiny bit just to break them in before Saturday. I can't believe it!

Congratulations!!!

Joan

Number of fills: 4

Number of ccs: 5.5

Band type/size: Lap Band, 10 ccs

Sweet spot: Not sure. I have vomited quite a few times, but other times, I seem to be able to eat too much. I'm trying to slow down my eating and chew, chew, chew.

The good news is that when I first met the surgeon on August 1st, I weighed in at 302 with a BMI of 49. Today, I weighed in at 244 with a BMI of 39. So, down 58 pounds and no longer morbidly obese! The problem has been that I've basically not been able to exercise. I tore cartilage in my left knee and had surgery in March, then tore cartilage in my right knee and am scheduled for surgery in a few weeks. I did go for a mile walk to try to get some exercise today, which will help strengthen the left knee. Unfortunately, the right knee seized up on me three times, which is very painful. Guess I'll have to ignore the pain for a while.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with this website--I have a habit of retreating into myself and not sharing my thoughts. I do go to a support group once a month and to a therapist once a month, so that helps. I also have a good support system from my family and friends.

Double post, nevermind

Congratulations, Jess!!

It feels great doesn't it?!?!

Yeah! I'm still kind of in disbelief. I may be losing a lot slower than many others but since I've been working out so much I look so much smaller

I got a cool NSV to share. first today is my birthday. I made an outfit for Easter and cut the pants by a 22 size pattern and i could not wear them. :( But today is my birthday and i was going through my closet lookinf for something to wear and that would fit. A friend of mine gave me some clothes and a pair of jeans that a couple of weeks ago i could not wear.

today i put them on and i can wear them comfortably and they look nice and not too tight!:bananajump:

I told my husband i could care less if i got anything for my birthday just fitting into a small pair of jeans was birthday enough!

Everyone have a great and awesome day!