Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

How many fills have you all had? 3

How many cc's are in your band? 5 (approximately)

What kind of band & what size is it? 10cc (I think)

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? Yes. I was at 1cc more and had a defalte a few weeks ago because I was too tight. I am having to be very cautious of what I eat but am losing great so it is worth it. : )

I ate a small Wendy's bacon cheeseburger yesterday, minus the bun for lunch and it did not sit well. I have been eating ground beef without issue. I vomited at 7PM or so and didn't eat anything last PM to allow my stomach some recovery time. I will go easy today. I have a Protein Shake each AM.

Joan

Anybody getting any weird soreness ? I've got this soreness, it's like 2-3 inches to the right of my port. It feels like it's under my last rib on my right side. I can't figure out what the F it is and it's really bugging me.... I've kind of slowed down my weight loss so I think it might be time for a half CC fill. I guess I'll have to ask the surgeon.

I get a bit of soreness sometimes following abdominal crunches. Does your doctor do fill under fluoroscopy? If so have him/her view what might be bugging you.

Joan

I'm eating the same as I was before. I'm not going to jump into a fill. I'm going to give it at least a couple of weeks. I have a feeling it is just tom.

Well, if you are hungry all the time, a fill should help with that :)

Anybody getting any weird soreness ? I've got this soreness, it's like 2-3 inches to the right of my port. It feels like it's under my last rib on my right side. I can't figure out what the F it is and it's really bugging me.... I've kind of slowed down my weight loss so I think it might be time for a half CC fill. I guess I'll have to ask the surgeon.

My incision areas feel a little strange, and slightly sore, not enough to bother me, but when I touch em it feels odd.

How on earth are you supposed to know when you need a fill? I mean I'm not hungry, so I assume I'm good? I'm just curious if I did anymore if it would do anything.

Hi all my fellow December Bandsters! Question time:

How many fills have you all had?

How many cc's are in your band?

What kind of band & what size is it?

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot?

I have had 4 fills

I am at 5.75cc

I have an Allergan Standard AP 10cc band

I do feel like I have good restriction since last weeks fill :)

1 fill

5.5ccs

J&J 10 or 11cc band

Yea, I can go 5 hours without eating and not be hungry (I could probably go all day if I had to). Which I feel is the "sweet spot" unless I'm missing something. I can still eat anything. But if I over eat I feel uncomfortable.. but no PBing, and no physical restrictions from any type of food.< /p>

Well, if you are hungry all the time, a fill should help with that :)

My incision areas feel a little strange, and slightly sore, not enough to bother me, but when I touch em it feels odd.

How on earth are you supposed to know when you need a fill? I mean I'm not hungry, so I assume I'm good? I'm just curious if I did anymore if it would do anything.

1 fill

5.5ccs

J&J 10 or 11cc band

Yea, I can go 5 hours without eating and not be hungry (I could probably go all day if I had to). Which I feel is the "sweet spot" unless I'm missing something. I can still eat anything. But if I over eat I feel uncomfortable.. but no PBing, and no physical restrictions from any type of food.< /p>

I think your restriction sounds great as long as you are still losing 1-2# a week. I am envious about your band and how you feel. I basically don't eat any breads anymore and I can vomit daily if I am not cautious. I think it's weird that I get stuck and vomit easily considering pre ban the last time I vomited was 1988, LOL! Even when I am stuck/vomiting I am still thankful for my band. It is still worth it to me. I am ecstatic to be down 35 pounds since my preop diet.

Joan

1 fill

5 ccs

11 cc Realize band

I have only PBd once ( and that was my own fault for eating too fast and not chewing well) and I can eat anything (including bread and Pasta although I choose not to).

Yea, I don't really feel any different. I don't take pea size bites or anything, and nothing has gotten stuck. I still can't overeat too badly or I feel TERRIBLE, and I have gas and it's just not pleasant.

I am generally losing 1-2lbs. I mean, if I'm not it's 100% my fault for overeating. I'm kinda scared to get more fill, because I don't want to start getting stuck. I'm thinking I'll wait till I start getting hungry again.

04/21/2011- 247.0

04/12/2011- 248.0

04/11/2011- 249.0

04/08/2011- 250.0

04/06/2011- 251.0

04/01/2011- 252.0

03/21/2011- 253.0

this is my chart.. I mean I think I could be losing a *little* more. It's kinda like I go a week and a half with no weight loss then, I'm down 2lbs in 2 days.

Isn't it crazy how it affects everyone differently?

Hi all! Just had my dr. appt this morning - down another 10 lbs (well really 13, except it is that TOM and add 3 lbs back from a couple of days ago!). But I am happy and my surgeon is happy - so no fill for me this time!

How many fills have you all had? 3

How many cc's are in your band? 7

What kind of band & what size is it? Realize, 11CC

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? Yes, for now. Possbily could use .25 or .5cc fill in 3 weeks or so, we'll see!

How many fills have you all had? 1 fill

How many cc's are in your band? 4cc

What kind of band & what size is it? lapband 10cc

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? close, my next appt is may 25th I will have them add .5-1cc

Yea, I don't really feel any different. I don't take pea size bites or anything, and nothing has gotten stuck. I still can't overeat too badly or I feel TERRIBLE, and I have gas and it's just not pleasant.

I am generally losing 1-2lbs. I mean, if I'm not it's 100% my fault for overeating. I'm kinda scared to get more fill, because I don't want to start getting stuck. I'm thinking I'll wait till I start getting hungry again.

04/21/2011- 247.0

04/12/2011- 248.0

04/11/2011- 249.0

04/08/2011- 250.0

04/06/2011- 251.0

04/01/2011- 252.0

03/21/2011- 253.0

this is my chart.. I mean I think I could be losing a *little* more. It's kinda like I go a week and a half with no weight loss then, I'm down 2lbs in 2 days.

Isn't it crazy how it affects everyone differently?

I think it sounds like you're doing great with a steady weight loss and feeling good. This rate of weight loss is healthy for your body and will help your skin adjust, too. If I were you I'd leave well enough alone! :)

Joan

Looking at this I feel clueless. I assume I have the lap band brand, never wad told otherwise. As for the size I had asked at my initial post op check and I was told it is the standard size (what's that 14cc or 10cc?). As for fills, I've had none, my doc feels as long as I am losing and I'm not starving I don't need one. When I originally asked if I had anything in my band I was told well they cone with something in it I assume to keep it frpm like sticking to itself or something. I really need to ask these things at my next

check

As for weight loss, it's 32 lbs though 9 was pre op :(. Seems so slow compared to others :(. Though it has picked up recently (not this week, damn TOM!!!)

How many fills have you all had? 3 fills & 1 unfill

How many cc's are in your band? just shy of 7cc

What kind of band & what size is it? lapband 10cc

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? close. If I eat good, solid Proteins I can only eat very small bites, get full pretty fast & am not hungry for hours. If I eat too fast or don't chew well, I'll PB. If I eat soft foods, then I get hungry relatively quickly. I do consider all of this to be 100% within my control & the outcome is all dependent on my behavior....i.e. I'm working the band rather than expecting the band to do all the work.

I do an fill appt next week but decided to cancel it since success is now more about my behavior modification that the band itself.

does any of this make sense???

congrats on everyone's success!

cheers,

chloe

How many fills have you all had? 2

How many cc's are in your band? 5.5

What kind of band & what size is it? Lap-Band, 10 cc

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? No, I used to be for the past 2 months, but now it's a struggle to lose the 1-2lbs per week, working out 4-5 times a week. I used to not work out at all and lose 2 lbs no problem. I'm hungrier more often than I used to be. I'm going to schedule a .5 cc fill next week to see if I can curb my hunger a bit.

How many fills have you all had? 2 and 1 unfill

How many cc's are in your band? 4.5cc

What kind of band & what size is it? Lapband 10cc

Do you feel like you are at your sweetspot? No not anymore. My last fill was fantastic and I was losing the right amount of weight and then suddenly it became too tight. I was vomiting daily and hardly eating anything. Then I stopped losing weight! So now I've had a 1cc unfill and I feel great but can eat way too much! I even ate a slice of pizza last night which I wasn't even able to swallow before! Who knows?!! I'm either under eating or overeating sad.gif

My Dr wants me to go back for another fill (1cc) in a few weeks but I think I will ask for .5cc. I don't want to be overfilled again and I will just have to work harder to get the scale moving backwards again.

How many fills have you all had? 4

How many cc's are in your band? 7.25

What kind of band & what size is it? 9

Do you feel like you are at your sweet spot? YES!! FINALLY!!!!!

Re: sweet spot. I just had .5 cc's put in on Friday and holy crap I seriously know what restriction is now. I thought I had a bit at my last fill but no way. Friday night I took about 3 hours to drink a Myoplex Protein Shake. Saturday I was pretty swollen and pb'ing on Water. Today, I'm feeling awesome. I had a Myoplex this morning at work, had a 100 cal frappuccino, 30 oz water...and am waiting to go microwave my green bean casserole (left over from Easter dinner smile.gif ) this latest fill has made a world a difference. Before it, I would drink a Protein shake at 8am and be STARVING by 10:30am. I haven't felt so much as a twinge of hunger yet. I gurgle a little bit on the water, but otherwise I'm feeling great. Hope it sticks!! I lost 5lbs this weekend alone. It took me all of March to do that with my last fill, lol. Yay :) :)