Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Hello,

I had my third fill last week and am thinking I might be in the green zone/sweet spot. I have lost a couple pounds since the fill, yeah!

I will be flying on Saturday so I'll be extra cautious of what and how I eat while in the air since most peoples bands are tighter.

Keep up the good work! Joan

That's great, Joan! Good luck on your trip. I hadn't had a fill the last time I flew so I didn't experience any additional tightness. Hopefully, it won't be that bad.

Well, December Banders, I'm bringing your stats down. I lost 19 pounds 12 days out from surgery and haven't lost anymore weight since. I have lost a lot of inches and can't wear some of my clothes anymore, but no more pounds. I take ownership for it, because it took me a while to start exercising (I had a lot of port pain). And then I was suffering from bronchitis for two weeks.

But anyway, I think I'm finally ready to get on track. I started working out this week and I scheduled a fill on March 24. I have no restriction at all. It's hard to believe that after all of this I feel like I could eat anything. ( I don't...but I bet I could)

So anyway. I just want to say that you guys are doing an awesome job!!! Hopefully I can join the victory side, soon.:(

WHAT?!?!? Bringing the stats down, lol. I was banded 20 days BEFORE you and I've lost 22 lbs. I don't think I'm bringing the stats down. wink.gif You're doing just fine!!!!!

As for an update: I had my 3rd fill last week. I'm at 6.25cc in a 9cc band. And thank you jesus I have restriction finally!!!! I haven't pb'd, slimed or puked yet once during all this, but now if I don't chew something (I still eat bread...in fact I had a toasted sandwich today just fine) I can feel it go down a little slow. I made an appt for a month out and will probably ask for maybe .25 or .5cc and see where I'm at. I'm finally not starving all day!!!

Yea, everyone is different depending how they eat, and exercise. For me, i'm trying to keep things realistic, I could eat a bunch less, and exercise a bunch more, but that isn't comfortable for me, and I can't maintain that lifestyle. I'm happy with my weight loss.

wink.gif You're doing just fine!!!!!

Thanks!!!

It's an exciting day for 2 reasons!!

#1--I'm Finally overweight!!! I've been playing around the 207-205 mark for two weeks. I'd dip down and then come back up. I'm sure it was Water weight playing around, but I got my 3rd fill Monday and today I'm at 204!! By the way I've been eating and my clothes feel, I trust this is a correct. And just in time for my 18th anniversary tomorrow. Wahoo!!

#2 - Insurance finally approved my surgery charges!! That is a major relief. My insurance will not pre-approve any procedures. I had to have the procedure and wait for a determination after. The payment was sent to the hospital and anesthesia today. My surgeon is scheduled for payment Monday. I feel like a major load has lifted off my shoulders! I may have to Celebrate by buying a new pair of jeans!!!

Thanks for letting me share. :rolleyes:

That is fantastic news Loralee! I can't wait to be only overweight rolleyes.gif I'm nearly there with only about 17 pounds to go!

I'm loving the band and so happy I made the decision to get it. I'm self pay and my husband mentioned to me the other day that it was a great investment for the family as I'm back to my old self! I didn't realize how much of a grumpy person I'd become!

Go and buy those jeans and enjoy your anniversary!

Hi guys...it's been a while since I've been on this forum. I've been completely frustrated. I had surgery on December 3, 2010. I was doing really good but I've hit a road block. My insurance changed for the new year. Though my husband's insurance company remained United Healthcare, the policy has changed. It no longer covers anything that has to do with my lapband. I can't go for any fills or anything. My doctor's office has offered me a self-pay option, to pay $1000 for a year of maintance and follow-up. However, we cannot afford it right now, and frankly don't know when we will be able to. I have just about stopped losing weight. In the past 5 weeks I have only lost about 6 pounds, four of those were lost the week after I had my first and only fill in February. It didn't take long to figure out that my insurane no longer covers the fill - got a nice bill for the fill in February. I feel like I can eat more and more. I just don't have any restriction. I only have 3.5 cc's in a 10 cc band. I can't believe that I've went through surgery to now have it not be beneficial. I don't know when we will be able to afford to pay $1000 out of pocket, all of which has to be paid upfront before I can go back to the doctor. SOOOOOOO very discouraging. I hope you all have great success. I pray that I will be able to get things worked out soon.

Hi guys...it's been a while since I've been on this forum. I've been completely frustrated. I had surgery on December 3, 2010. I was doing really good but I've hit a road block. My insurance changed for the new year. Though my husband's insurance company remained United Healthcare, the policy has changed. It no longer covers anything that has to do with my lapband. I can't go for any fills or anything. My doctor's office has offered me a self-pay option, to pay $1000 for a year of maintance and follow-up. However, we cannot afford it right now, and frankly don't know when we will be able to. I have just about stopped losing weight. In the past 5 weeks I have only lost about 6 pounds, four of those were lost the week after I had my first and only fill in February. It didn't take long to figure out that my insurane no longer covers the fill - got a nice bill for the fill in February. I feel like I can eat more and more. I just don't have any restriction. I only have 3.5 cc's in a 10 cc band. I can't believe that I've went through surgery to now have it not be beneficial. I don't know when we will be able to afford to pay $1000 out of pocket, all of which has to be paid upfront before I can go back to the doctor. SOOOOOOO very discouraging. I hope you all have great success. I pray that I will be able to get things worked out soon.

Whoa! If I understand correctly, your insurance company is the same, but they changed to policy on you? I would be getting in touch with your insurance board for the state you live in or an ombudsman program. Why on earth would an insurance company pay for something that benefits your health , then abandon you? I would be barking up every tree I could!

Insurance companies take advantage of opportunities when their members don't push them! Don't give up!

Garden Gal

I don't thinkyou should have been billed for the fill either. I'm pretty sure anything related to the surgery falls under the surgery cost for 3 months. I think it's called the global period. Double check with your insurance about this, but that's been my understanding... If so, you need a fill on the surgeon's dime...

I would think even paying out of pocket for a fill would be less than $1000... and if you are already at 3.5 doubt you'd need more than one or two more.Just refocus on your diet and exercise and stick with it!! Everything will work out :)

I tried on a bunch of clothes this weekend, everything was too big! I had to take a 2nd trip into the dressing room haha. I cant believe I fit in a size 18 pants, it's kinda weird! LOL. I have the weirdest problems.. I have to buy new pants every time I have a job interview laugh.gif, and I swear yesterday I looked like a gangster wearing my size 22 jeans and size 3x hoodie (lol, it was raining. like the one day a year it rains here) Think I need to do some closet cleaning.

It's been a long time since I've posted on here, but I had to share some good news. I just hit the 50 pound mark! I was banded on 12/7 and had lost 28 pounds before the surgery and now 22 pounds since. I am down from a size 28 to a size 24 and am looking forward to doing a little shopping in a couple of weeks. So far the items I have ordered have fit me, when I thought they would be too small. I just had my third fill on Friday, and am up to 5 cc's in a 10cc band. The third fill has been interesting--really not able to eat much, although I'm expecting that to change as my stomach swelling goes down. I have had a number of vomiting episodes, but nothing too major yet. Overall, I'm excited to be losing weight and am loving the band. The only thing with me is that I can't exercise yet. I tore a cartilage in my left knee if February which required surgery in March, and now I've torn the cartilage in my right knee, which means I'll have to have surgery coming up shortly. Those have been the only setbacks. But, I haven't let it interfere with my weight loss, although it would have been interesting to see how much I could have lost by now if I was able to exercise during this time.

I hope everyone is doing well and is happy with their band.

Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I keep reading the new threads and usually skip this one because I worry I will have to read the whole thing to be updated on what's going on with my fellow Decembers. Forget that! I'm just going to start reading this one first every day.

I've been trying to make the most of my band. Haven't had any fills yet but I don't think I need one. I don't feel hunger very often and if I do I am able to control that hunger with a small meal. I can't tell if this is for physical reasons or mental reasons. I'm not trying NOT to have a fill, I am just terrified of all the trouble that can happen with being overfilled and I'm also really worried that if I got a fill I would feel some physical sensation and that freaks me out.

I am surprised that I'm not overly emotional considering I don't have food for comfort anymore. I know I was an emotional eater but I expected to kind of have a breakdown over it but that hasn't happened. I feel so uninterested in food now. I kind of don't care what I eat (I mean that I have eaten healthily every single day since my banding and don't crave anything at all). Is loss of interest a hunger hormone thing?

I'm down 50 pounds. I was in a size 22 jeans and am now in a 14W. I'm down from a 44B bra to a 38C and now have SO many more options available to me. My feet have even shrunk from a 9 to in between an 8 to 8.5. I still have about 73 pounds to lose and to be honest I feel a bit scared about making it down there. I've never been that weight except very briefly on my way up.

Am I just being a big scaredy cat? I am starting to think maybe I am now that I have read what I have written. I guess I'm a bit scared to think I might get to a healthy weight and then how do I stop all the things from happening that I packed the weight on to prevent in the first place?!? Arghhhhhh. I guess I know what I will be talking to my therapist about today.... blink.gif

Kathy: Great job on your 50 pounds! I always want to Celebrate when I hit a "10" like that but 50, that is awesome! I have major issues with my knees too and have not been able to exercise much. I'm really hoping this doesn't slow down my weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Checkyes: Great job on your weight loss too. down to a size 14W, that is so exciting. Soon you will be shopping in the "regular" sizes!

I am going to try to keep up with these posts from now on but I just wanted to check in with at least a couple of people.

I was banded December 29th and I'm hoping to hit my 50 pound loss tomorrow (my weigh in day)! Right now I'm at 48 pounds. I go for my fourth fill tomorrow and not exactly sure what to expect. I finally have some restriction now but still feel hungry all the time. Not sure if I just want to eat or if I'm really hungry. Damn this head hunger!!!

Keep up the good work everyone! :rolleyes: Jenn

Whoa! If I understand correctly, your insurance company is the same, but they changed to policy on you? I would be getting in touch with your insurance board for the state you live in or an ombudsman program. Why on earth would an insurance company pay for something that benefits your health , then abandon you? I would be barking up every tree I could!

Insurance companies take advantage of opportunities when their members don't push them! Don't give up!

Garden Gal

I agree about reporting the insurance company. I recently had a problem with my homeowners insurance carrier and contacted a state agency in my state called the Public Regulations Committee. Once the insurance company got a letter that they were investigating they "say the light" and paid me! Your state should/must have an insurance oversight state agency. Good Luck!!!

I would think even paying out of pocket for a fill would be less than $1000... and if you are already at 3.5 doubt you'd need more than one or two more.Just refocus on your diet and exercise and stick with it!! Everything will work out :)

I tried on a bunch of clothes this weekend, everything was too big! I had to take a 2nd trip into the dressing room haha. I cant believe I fit in a size 18 pants, it's kinda weird! LOL. I have the weirdest problems.. I have to buy new pants every time I have a job interview laugh.gif, and I swear yesterday I looked like a gangster wearing my size 22 jeans and size 3x hoodie (lol, it was raining. like the one day a year it rains here) Think I need to do some closet cleaning.

Yeah on the smaller clothes!

It's been a long time since I've posted on here, but I had to share some good news. I just hit the 50 pound mark! I was banded on 12/7 and had lost 28 pounds before the surgery and now 22 pounds since. I am down from a size 28 to a size 24 and am looking forward to doing a little shopping in a couple of weeks. So far the items I have ordered have fit me, when I thought they would be too small. I just had my third fill on Friday, and am up to 5 cc's in a 10cc band. The third fill has been interesting--really not able to eat much, although I'm expecting that to change as my stomach swelling goes down. I have had a number of vomiting episodes, but nothing too major yet. Overall, I'm excited to be losing weight and am loving the band. The only thing with me is that I can't exercise yet. I tore a cartilage in my left knee if February which required surgery in March, and now I've torn the cartilage in my right knee, which means I'll have to have surgery coming up shortly. Those have been the only setbacks. But, I haven't let it interfere with my weight loss, although it would have been interesting to see how much I could have lost by now if I was able to exercise during this time.

I hope everyone is doing well and is happy with their band.

Congratulations on 50# gone for good!

Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I keep reading the new threads and usually skip this one because I worry I will have to read the whole thing to be updated on what's going on with my fellow Decembers. Forget that! I'm just going to start reading this one first every day.

I've been trying to make the most of my band. Haven't had any fills yet but I don't think I need one. I don't feel hunger very often and if I do I am able to control that hunger with a small meal. I can't tell if this is for physical reasons or mental reasons. I'm not trying NOT to have a fill, I am just terrified of all the trouble that can happen with being overfilled and I'm also really worried that if I got a fill I would feel some physical sensation and that freaks me out.

I am surprised that I'm not overly emotional considering I don't have food for comfort anymore. I know I was an emotional eater but I expected to kind of have a breakdown over it but that hasn't happened. I feel so uninterested in food now. I kind of don't care what I eat (I mean that I have eaten healthily every single day since my banding and don't crave anything at all). Is loss of interest a hunger hormone thing?

I'm down 50 pounds. I was in a size 22 jeans and am now in a 14W. I'm down from a 44B bra to a 38C and now have SO many more options available to me. My feet have even shrunk from a 9 to in between an 8 to 8.5. I still have about 73 pounds to lose and to be honest I feel a bit scared about making it down there. I've never been that weight except very briefly on my way up.

Am I just being a big scaredy cat? I am starting to think maybe I am now that I have read what I have written. I guess I'm a bit scared to think I might get to a healthy weight and then how do I stop all the things from happening that I packed the weight on to prevent in the first place?!? Arghhhhhh. I guess I know what I will be talking to my therapist about today.... blink.gif

Congratulations on your weight loss and smaller clothes! I am also not as interested as I used to be in food. It is interersting! I think you are on the right track to talk with your therapist about your fears. Bad things can happen at any weight. You will be strong and empowered when you reach your goal weight.

My band has been feeling tighter than it did when I had a fill on March 4th. This seems to be a pattern with me. I have vomited every day to every other primarily due to my eating too fast, I think. I am definetly on a losing streak and that feels fabulous!!! At my next appointment on April 5th I will ask for a tiny unfill if I continue to get stuck.

Keep up the good work! It is so exciting to follow everyone's progress!

Joan

Hey all, looks like most are doing great and everyone is working super hard, keep up the great jobs! Flew for the first time since banding to vaca this weekend, went fine, no problems at all, and it was only 4 days after my second fill (5.5 cc now) so I was worried but no problems so far. Feel tight but not too tight, just enough pressure after eating the right amount to tell me "hey, time to stop!" Let's see if this lasts before I call it my "sweet spot" enjoying vaca and crazy thing...I've lost 4 lbs this week without a lick of exercise! I think its just Water wt bc I couldn't bring my water jug on the plane (even empty, the security dude made a huge deal about it and made my boyfriend take it back to the car, jerk!) and doubt I'm getting in enough water now...its like my ltl crutch that darn jug, oh well! Hope everyone else is doing good...what seems to be the going rate? I have been steady at 1 pound a week, wish it was 2 but oh well. Keep up the great work ppl :)