Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I was banded on December 9th and had my first fill of 5 ccs on January 24th. I have lost 17 pounds since being banded on 12/9 and 54 pounds since I started the whole process. I felt some restriction for about 5 days after my first fill and now, not so much. I find myself eating foods that I really shouldn't be eating:( Where has my willpower gone? I too weigh myself daily and am a little obsessed with it. Luckily, I have not had any issues with food being stuck but I have not had steak, breads, rice, etc. I'm really looking forward to my second fill on the 28th. I'm ready :rolleyes: I really enjoy reading all of the posts and the support is much needed and appreciated. Keep up the great work everyone!!

ps- can someone tell me what I did wrong with my ticker...I can't get that thing to work - so tech unsavy!

Well, are you hungry is the question? I definitely feel a little more satisfied after I eat and not hungry for a long time since my fill.

Doing good. I gotta eat a little less! Gosh why is it so hard? I always justify eating a little bit more. I worked my butt off at the gym this week, I'm down 1 pound so far, Monday's are my official weigh in day, so hopefully one more tomorrow!

I'm trying some variety this week, I got some turkey meatballs, hopefully those are good :)

Anyone have a good satisfying dessert / after dinner snack ideas? I eat around 6, but I stay up pretty late, I usually want something before bed. I've been having oatmeal, but I think I need to scale it back a little. Something 100 cal or under. Has anyone tired the 100 Calorie hostess Snacks. I had them pre-op but haven't tried them now.. I wonder if they'd get stuck? (not having any other stuck problems though). I think that could be a good snack.

Heather,

Sounds like you're doing well! Here is my take on snacks....stay away from the sugary junk foods. I think you keep yourself addicted to the sugar and you just want more! ( I use "you" to mean everyone) Try an apple with a bit of Peanut Butter (VERY little), Laughiing Cow cheese wedge and a few whole grain crackers and a few grapes, etc. I found that if I kept a box of 100 calorie cakes and Cookies in the house, they'd be gone in a few days! I have focused more on healthy eating habits and the weight has come off faster. I also enjoy a cup of hot chocolate (low cal), hot flavored tea, etc. I find I am more "head hungary" and so I bought a little teapot and brew a bit of tea and sip on it. It gives me something to do! I also drink some V-8, Campbell's "Soup on Hand", etc. Sugar just makes me go crazy and I crave it once I get alot of it back in my system! Keep up the good work!

Yea, I'm not a big sugar person. I would rather eat a meal, than dessert.. You are right, if I have Snacks I'll eat them. Probably not a good idea. I do keep the SF pudding, and Jello, nuts, things like that and I do have the hot chocolate. I'm pretty good about not snacking, but sometimes it gets the best of me.

NSV I can pull my jeans on and off without unbuttoning the LOL!

Yea, I'm not a big sugar person. I would rather eat a meal, than dessert.. You are right, if I have Snacks I'll eat them. Probably not a good idea. I do keep the SF pudding, and Jello, nuts, things like that and I do have the hot chocolate. I'm pretty good about not snacking, but sometimes it gets the best of me.

NSV I can pull my jeans on and off without unbuttoning the LOL!

Good for you! I have a couple of pairs of pants I can do that with as well. I do keep the sugar free pudding around and jello, too, because I am not a huge fan and I can trust myself with it!:lol: I also keep Greek yogurt since it is high in Protein and there is NO chance I will go on a yogurt binge! Boredom is my biggest enemy and we have been snowed in here in North Texas alot, four days last week and we are about to get it again! Have you ever looked at hungrygirl.com? Lots of great lo-cal recipes for Desserts that make just one!

Today I went for my 4th or 5th fill and I think I am finally getting some restriction. Yea! I am at 6.9 cc's and felt fuller after dinner this evening ( I was supposed to have liquids and I did most of the day). Everything went down fine and I hope I am now at the point where I can use the band as a guide and a cue to stop putting food in my mouth! I had been stuck at about 22-23 lbs. lost and had actually gained back a lb.

My doctor's office only does a 1/2 cc at a time and I felt better going in smaller increments. I was afraid I would start having the effects of an over filled band. My doctor says I should NEVER throw up, have heartburn or any discomfort. I should just feel a gentle pressure below my sternum as I get full that signals it is time to stop eating. They said I should forget I even have the band. So far, I have and have been eating pretty much everything! But, it is good that I have been practicing chewing small bites thoroughly, not drinking with meals, and cutting things into small pieces, because I can tell I might have had some problems tonight if I hadn't!

So, all that said, I started this thread a day or so after I was banded on Dec. 3rd and am just now getting to the point where I think I am getting the benefit of the band. It is a learning process and working with the 3 "b's"-your brain, your body and your band. It takes all three working together to reap the greatest success.It is coming together for me, I think! I "get it"! Keep up the efforts and thanks for everyone's comments and sharing their struggles.

I get my second fill next week and I hope it helps because I am starting to get discouraged. I am eating a lot healthier and a lot less than before, and I feel 100x better than I did before but I have had no weight loss in a month. I have been going to zumba 2x a week and I know its time to step that up too. I went and checked out a gym yesterday but I am still nervous about going to a gym since I have never been to one in my life and being the big girl in the gym. I worked so hard to get under 240 and it came right back. I know I have been losing inches though because my pants are all falling off of me but that scale is really starting to make me mad :)

Weekly weigh ins:

1/7/2011 246 -9

1/14/2011 242 -13

1/21/2011 242 -13

1/28/2011 239 -16

2/4/2011 242 -13

I did not feel like making a new thread, so I am just gonna post my NSV in here. I went shopping today for stuff for my trip and I went to Fashion Bug and go a nice pair of jeans that were size 22. Then I went to Old Navy wanting to check out their jeans, I was disappointed to see they only carried up to size 20. I was like what the heck, let me see, they probably won't fit. I picked up 2 different styles, the first one I tried on fit. I was like yay holy crap, they fit. The second style, buttoned, but felt really uncomfortable, so I did not get that one. But I was so happy I now can fit into Old Navy. It made my day, and even though I did not find what I went out looking for, which was a pair of capris, since I am going to the Bahamas, I had a good day. Oh well, hopefully it won't be super hot there and I can get away in jeans, without dying of heat.

I did not feel like making a new thread, so I am just gonna post my NSV in here. I went shopping today for stuff for my trip and I went to Fashion Bug and go a nice pair of jeans that were size 22. Then I went to Old Navy wanting to check out their jeans, I was disappointed to see they only carried up to size 20. I was like what the heck, let me see, they probably won't fit. I picked up 2 different styles, the first one I tried on fit. I was like yay holy crap, they fit. The second style, buttoned, but felt really uncomfortable, so I did not get that one. But I was so happy I now can fit into Old Navy. It made my day, and even though I did not find what I went out looking for, which was a pair of capris, since I am going to the Bahamas, I had a good day. Oh well, hopefully it won't be super hot there and I can get away in jeans, without dying of heat.

That is awesome!! Congratulations. I hope you get to wear them to the Bahamas because they'll be too big by summer time!

Today I went for my 4th or 5th fill and I think I am finally getting some restriction. Yea! I am at 6.9 cc's and felt fuller after dinner this evening ( I was supposed to have liquids and I did most of the day). Everything went down fine and I hope I am now at the point where I can use the band as a guide and a cue to stop putting food in my mouth! I had been stuck at about 22-23 lbs. lost and had actually gained back a lb.

My doctor's office only does a 1/2 cc at a time and I felt better going in smaller increments. I was afraid I would start having the effects of an over filled band. My doctor says I should NEVER throw up, have heartburn or any discomfort. I should just feel a gentle pressure below my sternum as I get full that signals it is time to stop eating. They said I should forget I even have the band. So far, I have and have been eating pretty much everything! But, it is good that I have been practicing chewing small bites thoroughly, not drinking with meals, and cutting things into small pieces, because I can tell I might have had some problems tonight if I hadn't!

So, all that said, I started this thread a day or so after I was banded on Dec. 3rd and am just now getting to the point where I think I am getting the benefit of the band. It is a learning process and working with the 3 "b's"-your brain, your body and your band. It takes all three working together to reap the greatest success.It is coming together for me, I think! I "get it"! Keep up the efforts and thanks for everyone's comments and sharing their struggles.

Yea, I'm at 5.5ccs I got it a few weeks ago (I got all mine at once). I just really started to notice I'm never hungry, it's crazy! I mean I still want food, but no physical hunger, I can go a good 5 hours without eating. Like this morning I ate around 9:30 some oatmeal, then I went out to do some things, andIi didn't get to eat lunch till around 3:45. I wasn't starving, I had some hunger when I went to eat, but crazy my mind wasn't focused on eating the whole time. I don't think it'll ever stop me from eating, but I think I know now when I'm satisfied. It's hard to get used to not having the bloated-full feeling.

YAY! Jess that's awesome, I could never get into Old Navy jeans. I wish I could though, I think they just don't work for my shape. But I do love Old Navy!

I have 5.5 and I have virtually no hunger, so hopefully!

It truly has helped. I hope it stays that way!!!! I was starting to get the crabby hunger back. laugh.gif

Hi everyone. I was banded Dec 3, 2010. Yesterday I got my first fill - but only 1/2 cc. I now have 3.5 cc in a 10cc band. I am losing >2 pounds per week, which my doc says is great. But I am having problems with feeling really hungry every 2 hours. Does 1/2 a cc really make a difference? I am on a liquid diet today so I really can't tell if it's gonna help yet. I am down about 60 pounds since starting my six month supervised diet before surgery. Since surgery I have lost 28 pounds. Is anyone else feeling hungry often?

Hi everyone. I was banded Dec 3, 2010. Yesterday I got my first fill - but only 1/2 cc. I now have 3.5 cc in a 10cc band. I am losing >2 pounds per week, which my doc says is great. But I am having problems with feeling really hungry every 2 hours. Does 1/2 a cc really make a difference? I am on a liquid diet today so I really can't tell if it's gonna help yet. I am down about 60 pounds since starting my six month supervised diet before surgery. Since surgery I have lost 28 pounds. Is anyone else feeling hungry often?

Hey!

We were banded the same day and you were one of the first answers to my original post! You are doing great! My doc does 1/2 cc at a time and it took about 4-5 fills for me to get some restricition. I am finally feeling full for for 4-5 hours now at 6.9 cc's. I was starving all the time until I got my last fill. I understand it is a delicate "dance" to get the right amount of Fluid in the band to achieve "the green zone". My doc says he doesn't want me to even remember I have a band. I should not feel nauseous, throw up, have indigestion, etc. I should just feel a gentle, firm pressure when I am getting full and that is my signal to stop. He let me come in each week for a fill (.5 cc at a time) since I was tolerting things well and having no ill effects. I am self pay so he wanted me to get to the "green zone" within 3months if I was doing well since the first 90 days of follow-up is included in the cost of the procedure. I had come to a stand still the past 2-3 weeks since I was hungry all the time and eating more than I should have been. Don't get discouraged! I am now feeling better about the whole ordeal. I am schduled to go in next week and I am not sure I will have a fill or not. I am afraid of being "over inflated"!

I am so excited I found you Guys I was banded Dec 7, 2010 and I was hoping I could find a group that was banded around the same time. I am 5'2 and was 230 when I came home after the surgery of course I was swollen I was 223 the day of surgery. I have had one fill and I have an appt. Feb 16th and hopefully will be getting my second fill. I am down to 212. My Dr told me it was a slow process but man it is hard. I have no restriction yet. So I am really trying hard to keep my eating under control. I know I didn't gain it over night so I won't lose it over night but it's still hard. But I will keep plugging along. Good luck to you all....

Hello,

Vicky~ You are doing great!

Jess~ Yeah on the smaller jeans!

Heather~ Did I see you on TV the other night?! Access Hollywood, I think?

I had an absolutely horrible stuck episode yesterday! I was eating scrambled eggs on a tortilla, (breakfast burrito). I threw away the excess tortilla and had only a few bites of the Breakfast burrito. I vomited 8 times until it was unstuck! It was awful! It last over an hour. I was still able to work all day. I had eaten the exact same thing the day before without any problem. I need to eat a lot slower, sometimes I forget to.

I still get hungry but am satisfied with less food than I used to be satisfied with. I am trying to stop eating sweets.

TTYL, Joan

I