Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I lost around 8 pounds in one week after my first fill and then nothing!

I noticed a big difference after the fill for about a week and now I feel no difference.

I'm being careful and watching what I eat as I feel I could eat a lot more than I should or need. I think I might be having too much liquid (protein shakes) and not enough real food too.

I am really hungry (stomach growling) within 2 hours of eating. I don't have much time in the morning and rush to work. I grab a Protein Shake on my way out and usually hungry not long after (within a hour). I will try to have a proper Breakfast this week and see if it makes a difference

I'm hoping that the length of time between feeling hungry is less with the next fill and will last longer than a week.

I'm really happy with my weight loss- I just want MORE rolleyes.gif lol

I was told no liquid calories, once I finished the liquid stage obviously. It is just going to go through your pouch and not keep you full. Personally I am a scrambled egg eater in the morning

Purpleshell try having oatmeal, it's quick to make, it always fills me up, it sticks to your insides pretty good! Or some eggs

He put the needle in my port and filled some, then put me in front of this machine. Then I held the syringe while he went to look, then I took some sips of this white liquid stuff (it didn't taste THAT bad), then he filled more, looked etc. I guess they want to see the liquid going down and how easily it slides down.

I had dinner like 4 hours ago and I'm still full, I have lots of gas, it feels weird! Not bad though, I'm sure if I was stuck I would know right?

Thank you !!!

yes you would know if something is stuck !! hurts like H**L!!!! I cant eat a lot me meat. it gets stuck alot ! I use todler silverwear.. yesterday at our work inservice they gave us turkey and cheese sandwiches I took mine off the roll and cut my cheese and turkey small baby bites and the turkey got stuck !! in front of 32 other people... walkes for 10 mins try to get it to go down but nope !! made myself get sick and was done with that... my friend had a protien shake in her bag and I drank my lunch...

anyone eat salad yet??? I want one in the worst way sooo scared of the lettuce.

Thanks for the tips!

I do not see a Nut or really get much support at all over here. I go for my fills, have a chat with the Dr and that's about it. So I'm really doing this on my own and with the help of all of you- so THANK YOU!!

I will try and eat eggs in the morning. I was told by my Dr that eggs are hard to digest and that I should have scrambled eggs. I'm not fussed on them scrambled so haven't been bothered, but I will try them again. Is 2 eggs too many? I guess I should wait and see how I feel when eating them.

Amyloveslou- I haven't had a problem with salad and lettuce seems to be one of the easier things to eat. I use it as a wrap for my deli meat. I'm no longer keen on tomatoes though. I used to eat at least 1 Tomato a day and now I just eat cucumbers and lettuce- Yum!

I had a salad a few times, I was fine, it just felt stupid because it's just lettuce.. no Protein, not worth to me. It feels like eating nothing.

I've had egg beaters and regular eggs no problem. I did read some people had trouble.. but I'd imagine if your band isn't too tight you should be able to get them down. I think a lot of people just aren't hungry at all in the morning. I had been having eggs, now I've been having oatmeal because I don't know if I can stomach eggs, or i'd eat such a small amount idk if it's worth it. (I've always been a breakfast fan)

Last night I felt physically full for like 5 hours it was the weirdest feeling haha. After a while I was concerned maybe it was stuck? But I guess not, just taking much longer to digest. I'm guessing thats a signal I can eat a little less. Then I had oatmeal this morning and 3 or 4 hours I could feel it. So strange. It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird!

Hello I had my surgery on dec 29th ! My highest weight was 440 lbs I've already lost 55lbs I'm down to 385 ! My 1st goal is to be below 300 2nd goal is to be around 250 3rd 200 4th to below 200 ! I know I have a lot of goals but its things I look forward to! Lapband is the best thing I could of possibly done for me to get my life back!

Thanks for the tips!

I do not see a Nut or really get much support at all over here. I go for my fills, have a chat with the Dr and that's about it. So I'm really doing this on my own and with the help of all of you- so THANK YOU!!

I will try and eat eggs in the morning. I was told by my Dr that eggs are hard to digest and that I should have scrambled eggs. I'm not fussed on them scrambled so haven't been bothered, but I will try them again. Is 2 eggs too many? I guess I should wait and see how I feel when eating them.

Amyloveslou- I haven't had a problem with salad and lettuce seems to be one of the easier things to eat. I use it as a wrap for my deli meat. I'm no longer keen on tomatoes though. I used to eat at least 1 Tomato a day and now I just eat cucumbers and lettuce- Yum!

HI,

I have eggs or oatmeal also for Breakfast and sometimes greek yogurt. BUt the yogurt doesnt always do the trick. If you can tolerate toast, try to make an egg and place it on the whole wheat toast like an open faced sandwich and if you really want to, you can put some chesse on top. The Protein will hold you for a while.

I have had salad too with no problem. I was told that iceberg and some other crunch lettuce is easier to tolerate that the mixed greens, (which I like better, but I too was craving a salad). With some grilled chicken or tuna, it makes a nice lunch and you feel somewhat normal!! The deli-meat wrapped with lettuce leaves is also a great lunch and it is satisfying. I crave salt more than sweet, so that helps too. I put some mustard on the lettuce and had a sandwich (well, kinda!)! I love all the suggestions,they are so helpful!

So far, I havent had any trouble with anything, except red meat, which got stuck and that was AWFUL! I get my fill on Tuesday and I am a bit anxious, but I cant wait to feel restriction. I actually looked up band slippage, because I feel nothing. I am assuming I would be in pain if it slipped. I am always thinkiing the worst!! So, I eat small meals and all is good.

Good luck purpleshell and let me know if eating breakfast helps you. My NUT said to eat real food for your meals and have liquid type of stuff in between. If you want a Protein Shake have it for a snack. That will help you go longer between meals and not feel starving when its time to eat.

Amy~Good luck with the salad. Try a little bit and you should be OK.

So, I'm loving my band, and here is why... since getting off the mushie and getting back to solid foods, I have eaten like total crap. Terrible, I know. I haven't even exercised other than long walks most days. I will be 6 weeks post op. Just got back from vacation and eating bad, and somehow I still managed to lose another pound. 6 weeks post op, down 30 lbs, I get my first fill Thursday. New exercise regimen starts next Monday. Can't wait ! I'm definitely starting to really love the band.

Oh beergut that's not fair! I'm watching everything I put in my mouth and not losing at the moment.

I must start seriously exercising but just don't have the time at the moment. Working full time, two little ones and studying when I'm not chatting on here keeps me really busy. I don't have time to fit in a workout, but will try as soon as I send in my next assignment.

I've been trying the eggs in the morning and have given up the Protein Shakes. I'm feeling fuller for a bit longer and not so hungry at work. I'm now taking my breakfast to work with me instead of trying to eat it so early. I'm not hungry in the mornings since getting the band which is great and really don't know why I was having that shake before leaving the house- habit I suppose.

I am finding I have quite a bit of restriction and it hurts if I eat too quickly, but I'm still able to eat quite a bit of food before feeling satisfied. I always eat my Protein first too.

I'm a bit concerned about the second fill now. I want it so I can eat less, but scared that it will hurt when eating. I only have 2 weeks to go before the next fill. Time is flying by!

Hi everyone! Glad I found this post. I was banded on December 29th and go for my first fill in two days. Our office does it 4 weeks out now since so many people are getting very hungry between fills! I have been reading back a little bit and suprised that some you can eat 1/2 cup of food and feel satisfied. I really hope that will be the case for me. Right now I'm focusing on getting about 900 calories a day and reaching my Protein goal. My only "issue" is that I am going way over my protein requirements. Since all I eat is protein and vegetables (which seem limited) I find it hard to keep my protein down. Does anyone else have this issue or does anyone know if this is a problem? I also found that when I was eating less that I did not lose weight. When I started eating 800-900 calories I started losing again. Got under 240 this past week so I'm psyched! Haven't been there for about three years!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Jenn

Beergut, I agree with purpleshell, that's not fair. I am up almost a pound today, and there is no way that is possible. I did get TOM yesterday and I am attributing it to that. Hope it disappears before I go for my fill tomorrow. I slacked on the gym last week which I wasn't my fault between a busy work schedule and some appointments I wasn't able. This week I am going tong all out. I hope between that and my fill things will start really moving

Apparently my doctor does not give fills at 5 weeks. This is shut! I just waited 40 min for my appointment and all he did was reiterate the rules to me. Did nit look at my incisions or anything. He said continue to heal for the next couple of weeks. Yeah, now my next appointment is not til march 4th, due to scheduling conflicts. I guess he does not base it off of if you are losing or not since I've only

lost 2 lbs since I was last there 4 weeks ago. I am just going up have to kick the gum and stuff up a notch so I can actually lose some weight. Bull! Also him and my nut say no eating between meals, (my nut said if I need to have like 4oz of Protein Shake, but he said no liquid calories). Well how am I supposed to eat enough calories with only 3 meals. That way I've only gotten up to like 800 and that is do not enough for me to lose. I don't care I am still gonna do it the way that works fir me and I will tell them what they want to hear. If it work for me I am not messing with it.

OK, end of my rant

I have my 4 week post op today. Don't expect a fill, since he didn't tell me liquids only yesterday. But I am not losing pounds (although I am losing inches). We will see this afternoon!

Apparently my doctor does not give fills at 5 weeks. This is shut! I just waited 40 min for my appointment and all he did was reiterate the rules to me. Did nit look at my incisions or anything. He said continue to heal for the next couple of weeks. Yeah, now my next appointment is not til march 4th, due to scheduling conflicts. I guess he does not base it off of if you are losing or not since I've only

lost 2 lbs since I was last there 4 weeks ago. I am just going up have to kick the gum and stuff up a notch so I can actually lose some weight. Bull! Also him and my nut say no eating between meals, (my nut said if I need to have like 4oz of Protein Shake, but he said no liquid calories). Well how am I supposed to eat enough calories with only 3 meals. That way I've only gotten up to like 800 and that is do not enough for me to lose. I don't care I am still gonna do it the way that works fir me and I will tell them what they want to hear. If it work for me I am not messing with it.

OK, end of my rant

That really stinks!!! I would be so bummed if I went and they didn't do a fill. I can't believe you have to wait until March! Hang in there, remember why you did this and that it will get better!

I was so flustered/annoyed when he said that, I forgot to ask the questions I wanted to ask. I am really annoyed right now, but right after the appointment I did what I had planned and right to the gym (had brought clothes with me). I am just so annoyed and I don't know what to do, I feel like eating something really bad for me like fast food, but I am not going to, I will make something at home for myself. If I have to wait what will end up being like 10 weeks post op to get a fill what the hell did I do this for? Yes, even with the band as it is right now, I do get fuller quicker and I feel bad if I do eat to much, but I NEED to start losing. This whole thing has put me in a bad mood. The problem also is partly he told me to come back towards the end of February, but when I went to make the appointment on my way out, the receptionist said he is going to be away at the end of February, but she has the week of the 14th, yeah, well I will be away that week, so it completely sucks. I'm just going to have to do this one my own, hey maybe I don't want any fills anyways, I don't want to end up like those who have so many restrictions on what they can't eat due to the band. I want to be able to eat whatever I want but in moderation. Also I've been thinking if I stay full longer I may not be able to get enough calories in that I need for the day. I'm probably digging way to into this right now, because of my annoyance.

Beergut, I was in Vegas this weekend, I didn't eat great, but still down 2 pounds today :D. It's crazy that I can stop at ONE piece of pizza, or eat half an entree.

hit 30lbs today!!! biggrin.gif

Guys, don't worry, just eat like you should. The fill doesn't do ALL that much. I got my fill a week ago and I don't feel all that different. It's still 85% about making good choices, and self control.