Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Yes, I am following the rules, I try to go to the gym 5 days a week. I work the day shift the other 2 days and have no energy after work. I do not drink with my meals, and I have been eating the 3-4 oz Protein, 1/2 cup veggies and sometimes 1/4 cup starch since I started eAting real food on monday

Yes, I am following the rules, I try to go to the gym 5 days a week. I work the day shift the other 2 days and have no energy after work. I do not drink with my meals, and I have been eating the 3-4 oz Protein, 1/2 cup veggies and sometimes 1/4 cup starch since I started eAting real food on monday

Hey Jess,

I dont think you should be discouraged. Everyone is different. There is a HUGE learning curve that goes with this and I think the longer you take to figure it out, the better chance you have at it becoming a life style change for GOOD. Keep up the great work and it will come off.

I am in the same boat, I have lost a total of 23 lbs and just started losing again this week (only 1/2lb but is not gaining). I asked my dr the same question and had the same concerns. He assured me that this time right after the surgery was to let your body heal, become adjusted to the change and begin figuring it all out. Once we get our fill, I think it will become clearer how much we can tolerate, what we can eat and what we cant.

I get my first fill on Tuesday, I will let you know how it goes. I am a bit nervous and dont know what to expect.

There are some great websites and diet plans online that I found just surfing around. I can give you the sites if you want.

Good luck!!

~LORI

Has anyone gotten that "Stuck" feeling? I think I had it the other night and it changed my world! I never want that again. I had shoulder pain and everything. I ate a piece of roast and will never eat that again!! Pain is a great deterrent!!

Not and expert and I dunno what your doctor told you, but your stomach is only about 1/2 cup in volume (size of an egg)? That seems like a bit too much food. Are you watching calories? All my meals are about 3/4 cup in size I would say, total.

I thought that is what I was told to eat. I have an appointment at the nutritionist on Saturday, I will talk to her then. Even with that though I still have trouble getting 1200 calories in. I need at least that or else I do not lose with to low of calories.

Yea, should be 1000-1200. Maybe you are right? Hmm, just seems like a large quantity, not the amount of calories.

I thought that is what I was told to eat. I have an appointment at the nutritionist on Saturday, I will talk to her then. Even with that though I still have trouble getting 1200 calories in. I need at least that or else I do not lose with to low of calories.

It sounds like your NUT is saying the same thing my NUT says regarding what to eat. When I went for my appointment last week she asked what I was eating and when I told her 3-4 oz Protein and 1/2 cup veggies she said that is exactly what I should be eating. I can also tell you that my weight loss stalled for almost 3 weeks after I went to solids...I found through trial and error that I have to eat around 1,000 calories a day to lose weight (which I wasn't during the time I was stalled) - if I eat fewer calories I stay the same or gain a bit. For example, yesterday I only had 725 calories and I exercised for 30 minutes...when I weighed this morning I was up 1/2 lb. Today I have to make sure I get in my calories no matter how crazy my schedule is!!!

@ HeatherinCA - I was told 1 cup of food, not 1/2 cup

It sounds like your NUT is saying the same thing my NUT says regarding what to eat. When I went for my appointment last week she asked what I was eating and when I told her 3-4 oz Protein and 1/2 cup veggies she said that is exactly what I should be eating. I can also tell you that my weight loss stalled for almost 3 weeks after I went to solids...I found through trial and error that I have to eat around 1,000 calories a day to lose weight (which I wasn't during the time I was stalled) - if I eat fewer calories I stay the same or gain a bit. For example, yesterday I only had 725 calories and I exercised for 30 minutes...when I weighed this morning I was up 1/2 lb. Today I have to make sure I get in my calories no matter how crazy my schedule is!!!

That is exactly like me. When I was on mushies and purees and liquids, I was eating like maybe 600-700 cal per day and going to the gym and burning like 400 calories. That was to low and I was burning to much, so at one point I was up like 3 lbs. Once I realized my problem and got to real food and got my calories up and stuff I lost that 3 lbs plue I am down like 0.6 lbs. Not much, but better than being up. I am also about to get TOM in a couple days and I can't believe I am saying this, but I hope I am retaining Water and I am actually a little lower...LOL. But I think the weight loss will improve now that I am eating more calories. I look forward to seeing my NUT tomorrow and get her take. I think I am going to sign up for 3 more appointments, so I can continue to improve my eating.

Today, exactly one month ago i had the lapband surgery. i have been amazed at the change so far.

i have been reading the previous post and i am also up to 1/2 - 3/4 cups food. per my dr plan i can eat deli slice meat. i am enjoying that for sure. i even got to enjoy my first piece of fish yesterday. it was so delicious.

since my journey started in september with my first consultation i am down about thirty. i go back to the dr on the 7th for an official weigh in so i am just enjoying my clothes fitting different. i got on a digital scale at work and it says i am down to 267. that i am excited about.

I also experienced my first stuck episode. i do not ever want to go back to that experience ever again. i got distracted while eating one evening and did not chew properly and oh boy! chuck that to experience to remember and not go back to.

I hope everyone has a great day! and keep up the great work!:D

My book says "long term, the size of your pouch will likely be eight to twelve ounces which will allow you to tolerate 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food" So yea i guess, but it can't be that big now could it?

Hello,

Yes, I have been "stuck" and it is awful! I even vomited once. I am eating just about anything I choose but Istay totally away from doughy types of bread. Toast and the crusts of bread are fine.

I probably eat 1/2 to 1 cup of food per meal. I haven't lost any weight in a week or so. I am journaling, eating adequate Protein and exercising. I know I will continue to lose, even if it's slowly, and look forward to my fill on Feb. 4th.

TGIF! Have a great weekend!

Joan

Ok I had mine, he used the fluoroscope. He said he put 5.5 ccs in and said my band is 11 ccs interesting! Surprised it's so much. I feel full right now it's weird! That machine made me feel like an alien!! I'm on liquids for 24hrs that's it.

Ok i go for my fill feb 8th and my dr is using the fluoroscope... what is it and what did he do??? I have asked other people and nobody heard of it. did you have to drink nasty stuff again?? i hope not :blink:

I log my weights on Fridays and I am little disappointed that I didn't lose any this week. I didn't gain so that's a plus but a little disappointed since I really started exercising the past 10 days or so. I have been going to Zumba 2 nights a week and 30 minutes on the gazelle 3 days a week. I just had a fill so maybe that will help, but despite no weight loss this week I feel so much better. I had been so sick with the hiatal hernia and with that repair and the 25 lbs I have lost since my first intake appt. I am feeling great. It is nice to have a little energy back.

I lost around 8 pounds in one week after my first fill and then nothing!

I noticed a big difference after the fill for about a week and now I feel no difference.

I'm being careful and watching what I eat as I feel I could eat a lot more than I should or need. I think I might be having too much liquid (protein shakes) and not enough real food too.

I am really hungry (stomach growling) within 2 hours of eating. I don't have much time in the morning and rush to work. I grab a Protein Shake on my way out and usually hungry not long after (within a hour). I will try to have a proper Breakfast this week and see if it makes a difference.

I'm hoping that the length of time between feeling hungry is less with the next fill and will last longer than a week.

I'm really happy with my weight loss- I just want MORE rolleyes.gif lol

Purpleshell try having oatmeal, it's quick to make, it always fills me up, it sticks to your insides pretty good! Or some eggs

Ok i go for my fill feb 8th and my dr is using the fluoroscope... what is it and what did he do??? I have asked other people and nobody heard of it. did you have to drink nasty stuff again?? i hope not :blink:

He put the needle in my port and filled some, then put me in front of this machine. Then I held the syringe while he went to look, then I took some sips of this white liquid stuff (it didn't taste THAT bad), then he filled more, looked etc. I guess they want to see the liquid going down and how easily it slides down.

I had dinner like 4 hours ago and I'm still full, I have lots of gas, it feels weird! Not bad though, I'm sure if I was stuck I would know right?