Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I got stuck the other day! I hadn't had that happen before.. wasn't too bad, but I was eating a sandwich too quickly and I had eaten too much, and I think I swallowed a chunk of bread and it felt so weird and painful. After a couple minutes it passed though. I didn't throw it up or anything. (thankfully!) what a terrible feeling though bleh!

Also an NSV, saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a while this week at the American Idol finale, and even one of my favorite Idols (that I've met a million times) noticed I lost weight! biggrin.gif crazy! Even though I didn't meet my finale goal, still felt good :)

I'm having a tough decision try to decide whether or not to buy new clothes. Invariably, I have a bought a few, but most if not all of my old wardrobe just hangs off me. I've still got about 35 lbs to go til I reach my goal, and I am hoping to hit that before my 1 year anniversary. I don't want to buy a bunch of new clothes, and then have them not fit anymore...

If you can get away with it try maybe. I hate buying new clothes. In fact right now my wardrobe consists of 3 t shirts and 1.5 pairs of jeans (one is an 18 and getting a little big on me). Besides workout clothes and work scrubs, that is it. Luckily I don't really go out, so I wear my larger t shirts around the house

I got stuck the other day! I hadn't had that happen before.. wasn't too bad, but I was eating a sandwich too quickly and I had eaten too much, and I think I swallowed a chunk of bread and it felt so weird and painful. After a couple minutes it passed though. I didn't throw it up or anything. (thankfully!) what a terrible feeling though bleh!

Also an NSV, saw a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a while this week at the American Idol finale, and even one of my favorite Idols (that I've met a million times) noticed I lost weight! biggrin.gif crazy! Even though I didn't meet my finale goal, still felt good :)

Yikes! AND....you can eat bread? my provider really doesn't want me to try it, sure way of getting stuck..unless it's something super crunchy..like toast or a tortilla...but isn't that the scariest feeling???

So its been a bit quiet on here lately!

I haven't posted for ages but love reading everyones experiences.

Beergut- I hope you bought some new clothes, you will feel so much better and it will give you a boost to lose those last few pounds. I'm buying a few new things each month and it is really making me feel good and excited to lose more. I'm not buying expensive things as I hope to be out of them soon and I'm finding that the 'normal size' clothes stores are a lot cheaper anyway. Its just realizing that I can actually go into them now and not be embarrassed.

Well its been 6 months (yesterday) since I was banded and I am down nearly 39 kilos thats 85 pounds! I'm very happy but still want MORE! My Dr only wants me to lose another 10 kg (22pounds) but I want to lose 15-20 kilos more! I'll see how it all goes.

Since I've had an un-fill I've started losing again but very slowly. I'm loving that I can eat properly again and not throwing up after every meal.

I will try to insert a before and after photo.

gallery_0_7126_68746.jpg

Hope you are all well!

Wow Purpleshell, congrats! You look awesome! I wish I lost as quick as you.

I'm so close to onderland and I hope to get there next week, but I'll be content for the week after. Not sure how much I'll lose this week, since I lost 3.4 last week because I had my first fill and was on liquids for 2 days.

My friend asked if I wanted to go to Florida in august, and I wasn't sure. So I thought about it and was like, hell that will be my gift to myself for onderland, since there is no way I won't lose 3 lb in 2 months lol. Last time I flew I did not need a seat belt extender, but I'm hoping I'll be even more comfortable this time.

Also like I said, I had my first fill 1.5 weeks ago. I had just started to get hungry. And while it was only 0.75cc, I think it put me back where I was. So that is good. Hopefully I'll be able to lose a bit more 'til I need another one. I've never been stuck or anything, (though I think I PB'd Water the other day (i think I might have been drinking to much or something)

Oh and I am almost out of the woman's section! I bought a pair of capris (first time I've been comfortable wearing anything besides pants in a long time) and I bought a 16w, they felt loose, so I tried on a regular 16 and those felt tight and they were 98% cotton, so I was afraid once I washed them they wouldn't fit. Now I think I should have got them because even after I washed the 16w, they still feel loose. Oh well, I'm gonna need to get some clothes before my trip (don't have enough clothes to wear for 5 days without washing...LOL) so hopefully, I'll get them right before my trip.

Congrats Purpleshell! You look fabulous!!! You must feel great too!!! rolleyes.gif

Jess55: Almost to onderland! That is so exciting. I hit it last week for the first time in 15 years and I danced and screamed around the house for like 10 minutes! I was on a high for two days and am still smiling writing this now! Good for you, treating yourself to a trip for hitting the 100's! I want to buy new clothes but I hate spending so much money on in between sizes! I still have about 40+ pounds to lose and wish I could just get by until then! It is so nice to go try on clothes and be shocked that they fit though!!! I am wearing anywhere from a 14 to a 18 and I want them all to be 14's.

Going to try to post my ticker see if it works. Keep up the good work guys!!!

3889646.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Purpleshell - you look amazing!!! Congratulations on your success!!

Jess - Congrats on almost being in Onederland. I have 41 more lbs to lose before I'm there but I can't wait...I'm hoping to hit it by the end of the year...

Congrats to everyone! Ya'll are doing so well!

As for me, I have been feeling like something is stuck in my throat all day. I had a fill a couple weeks ago which brought me to 5.25cc. I felt fine afterwards but maybe its now getting tighter? I havent had anything to eat, just coffee. Is that what restriction feels like. I'm almost 6 months out and haven't had that feeling before.

Congrats again!

Hi My December Bandsters !! It has been awhile since I have been on here. It sounds like everyone is doing great! Congratualtions to all of you "losers" You all are an inspiration. I have been doing well. I have had 5 fills so far, and I am at 6cc in my 10cc band. I finally feel like I have some restriction. I have had about 4 stuck episodes in the 6 months since surgery that were not much fun! All 4 episodes were due to me eating something too fast, or the food was too dry. Other than these episodes, I have not had any problems. I did have a strange burning feeling deep inside my belly near my port side last week. It happened twice, and it seemed to be positional. My fear is that I have flipped my port. It is a little tender at times, and I definitely feel it more. I am not quite sure if this is due to me losing some of my belly fat, or if I should get it checked out. I am going to give it a week, and if I still feel discomfort, I will get to my doc. I am down 55lbs as of yesterday which was my 6 month Surgiversary date, and I could not be any happier!! I finally broke through a month long plateau and made it into the 170's! I <3 "Bertha" my band!! Have a great week everyone!

rolleyes.giftongue.gifsmile.gifblink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Wow and congrats to all the Dec 2010 Bandsters!

I can say for myself, it's been quite a journey. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I've got 15 or so pounds till I'm at goal...I'll probably up that to 20 just to give myself a bit of wiggle room.

I'm wearing all my dress clothes that I wore 8 years ago...thank goodness they are classic and still in style lol.

I've experienced a slip so I had revision surgery 2 weeks ago.

I find now that I'm getting nervous...what if I slip again (it was painful and at a VERY inconvenient time)

What if I gain it back? I'm not sabotaging myself...just hearing voice in my head lol

UGH

I gained a pound since my last Dr. visit. a month ago.

I have been eating a lot of salad, and drinking plenty of fluids, but she thinks maybe I might be sabotaging myself with too few calories..

so new mindset..work it work it ..work it some more!!

it was JUST pound...and I can lose that and MORE..

here's to the journey!

I

Hi, Everyone! I haven't been around much either. But I'm glad to see everyone's progress. I finally hit the 25 pound mark. That's an average of 5 pounds a month. I'm not jumping up and down (actually I'm trying not to frown). I clearly haven't hit my sweet spot. I was scheduled for my third fill Thursday but we had an auditor surprise us this week at work. So I had to reschedule for next week. Oh well.

Anyway, May was an extremely busy month for me. I hope to be around more. I enjoy reading everyone else's success and encourages me to keep trying.

On an exciting note, I ordered KettleWorx (a new workout tape using a kettle bell). It should be here tomorrow. Between that and the fill, I surely hope to see some pounds dropping. But I can wear a size 14 pants now!! Yeah!! It's fun shopping in my own closet. I'm giving away my big clothes this weekend.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Everyone

I'm new to This forum

it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in;) Bz.jpgBz.jpggrey.pngBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpg