Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2010 Bandsters - post op

Topazzz,

Hang in there!!!!! I know it can get frustrating cause my hunger has been full force lately. I had a 2.5 cc fill yesterday and didn't notice much of a difference last night. I am hoping maybe today I will notice something. For me I know that I need to get back to some of the basics... meal planning being and counting those calories being the biggest ones. It's nice being back here on the boards. I go back to my doc in 8 weeks, however his nurse told me that is I need my adjustment tweaked just to give them a call. Guess I'll see in a few days if I need tweaked. Y'all have a great day!!!!

Hi - new here, but have been lurking for months. I too am a bit frustrated by lack of weight loss - started at 200lbs and am down 15 since Nov 8 surgery. I've had 3 fills and am at 5.5cc in a 9 band. I go for another fill in a couple of weeks and hope to be closer to sweet spot. I have felt a couple of times a big lump in bottom of throat when swallowed meat without chewing properly - think this is a stuck feeling? I read on the boards once that if you stand up and bend over and grab your ankles (if you can find them LOL), that helps getting unstuck and it really did work for me! I also feel an aching pain behind my eyes and top of throat when I feel full or have eaten too fast, but my mental state still hasn't changed from old habits and I find I can still carry on eating even tho I know that's a warning sign. Surgeon says that consistent weight loss will not happen until I feel true restriction which he doesn't think I'm at yet. I know I need more daily Protein and exercise, so that will be my focus. I do feel excited about being down a pant and bra size, and my hip pain is a lot less even with just 15lb off, but will need to work at getting a more consistent weight loss going!

How's everyone doing? I too got very busy and went away to Aruba for a week (where I ate and drank like there was no tomorrow--the mango/passionfruit daiquiris with meyer's dark rum? HEAVEN), but I'm back on track now.

It's good to see posts from the Nov 2010 group! I had been looking in the Nov 22, 2010 surgery group and it has slowed down. Glad to see folks are busy here. Though I am down by 32 pounds, when I took a 3-month photo of myself (felt smaller), and compared it with my BEFORE photo, I was surprised to see that I looked BIGGER! I decided that I wouldn't take another photo until the halfway mark on May 22. My goal is to be down by 50 pounds. Ultimate goal is to lose a total of 100 pounds by my surgery anniversary date (Nov 22). When I feel my thighs, I notice a difference, but visually - not yet. I'm trying to be patient. I'm realizing that when you're large, 32 pounds may not show as much as you think it will! Ha-ha!!

I know. I've gotten some comments on looking smaller, but I wonder if they are just being supportive. I just want my doublt chin gone by my birthday (4/7). We shall see!

Seems like i am on the slow train compared to my fellow Nov 2010 bandsters. I had my 3rd fill today. have a total of 6.5 cc in a 10 cc band. getting there though. until the jan fill, i couldnt even tell if i had surgery. hopefully this one will put me in the sweet spot.

- J

I am definatley a slow loser. Even at 9 ccs i dont feel that much restriction, but i feel like 9cc's is a lot compared to all the other people on here. There is nothing that i can't eat, which is probably why i have only lost 12 lbs since November! I just joined weight watchers this week, so i am hoping that this will help me get over my poor eating habits, and i can start to see the results that i want! It amazes me that other people with the same surgery date have lost 60-80lbs! its amazing and inspiring, and i hope that i dont become a failure with this too.

I am feeling a little frustrated myself these days. I have had my 2nd fill with 3 1/2 cc's in my band. I feel nothing at all. I feel like most of my loss is on will power alone. I pretty much anything I want. Sometimes I wonder if it was worth doing the band at all. I go back March 8th for a follow up and hoping they give my more that 1 1/2 cc's like they did the last time.

Glad to see everyone here is doing well!!

I am so glad I came back to the Nov 2010 forum because I see that there are many others in my same predicament ... slow weight loss if any and little / no restriction most of the time. I have had 2 fills ... 1 cc each time and have another scheduled for the 28th of Feb. I have only lost 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

Now that the harsh winter weather is about to end I am hopeful that I can get some walking in to get some exercise. My knees hurt so bad don't know that I can do more unless it is very low impact.

Hello November Banisters,

I have not posted since my last MD visit. Down another 6 lbs today. That is a total of lbs. MD very happy with my weight loss, I have lost 33% total body fat of what I need to loss, so I am a third of the way there. Everyday is a new challenge, I still struggle with eating to fast and getting food stuck, you would think after the 100th time I would learn.(A little exaggerated). I have been exercising and I really feel so much better. Everyone is always telling me how good I look and I still find it hard to take a compliment. Hope everyone is still on track, just keep taking this one day at a time. My MD told me today that most lap band patients only lose 45% of there total weight the first year, so I will take my 33% in 4 months. Hard to believe it has been 4 months. I think what excites me most is I am only obese now and not morbidly obese. When I say that it sounds silly but every step is a mile stone in this journey. Good Luck to all!B)

It's good to see posts from the Nov 2010 group! I had been looking in the Nov 22, 2010 surgery group and it has slowed down. Glad to see folks are busy here. Though I am down by 32 pounds, when I took a 3-month photo of myself (felt smaller), and compared it with my BEFORE photo, I was surprised to see that I looked BIGGER! I decided that I wouldn't take another photo until the halfway mark on May 22. My goal is to be down by 50 pounds. Ultimate goal is to lose a total of 100 pounds by my surgery anniversary date (Nov 22). When I feel my thighs, I notice a difference, but visually - not yet. I'm trying to be patient. I'm realizing that when you're large, 32 pounds may not show as much as you think it will! Ha-ha!!

Hey JaGo, i'm in the 11/22/10 group. You are doing well! I haven't good restriction i would say until my last fill about 2 weeks ago. Before that, very little restriction, so my loss has been slow. Along with not having a regular exercise plan and making not good choices most of the time.

But it's a learning process.

Hello, November folk!

I, too, have been out of touch with this group for too long. I just read posts over the last few months and am glad to reconnect. I have had three 'fills': the initial fill of 5 ccs, and 2 other fills of 1 cc each. I see my surgeon in another week and expect to receive one more cc, which is -- he tells me -- the point at which I should start to notice restriction. I have had slow weight loss since the surgery, but recognize that my health is much improved, and my fitness as well. I have been doing Zumba 2-3 times/week, yoga whenever I can, and have been really delighted at the way clothes fit these days.

On the other hand, I find that I get absolutely FAMISHED after about 3.5-4.5 hours...as in, MUST eat. My stomach starts rumbling, and if I don't have a healthy snack ready, it's anyone's guess as to what will go into my mouth! I am trying to focus on healthy Snacks...yogurt, SF Jello, fruit with 1T. of Peanut Butter or 1 oz. low fat cheese...would be interested to hear others' experiences in this regard!

I am continually reminded that the surgery is a tool, not a solution. We have a large role in whether our weight loss is successful.

Best to all,

Deb WS

weight.png

Hello, November folk!

I, too, have been out of touch with this group for too long. I just read posts over the last few months and am glad to reconnect. I have had three 'fills': the initial fill of 5 ccs, and 2 other fills of 1 cc each. I see my surgeon in another week and expect to receive one more cc, which is -- he tells me -- the point at which I should start to notice restriction. I have had slow weight loss since the surgery, but recognize that my health is much improved, and my fitness as well. I have been doing Zumba 2-3 times/week, yoga whenever I can, and have been really delighted at the way clothes fit these days.

On the other hand, I find that I get absolutely FAMISHED after about 3.5-4.5 hours...as in, MUST eat. My stomach starts rumbling, and if I don't have a healthy snack ready, it's anyone's guess as to what will go into my mouth! I am trying to focus on healthy Snacks...yogurt, SF Jello, fruit with 1T. of Peanut Butter or 1 oz. low fat cheese...would be interested to hear others' experiences in this regard!

I am continually reminded that the surgery is a tool, not a solution. We have a large role in whether our weight loss is successful.

Best to all,

Deb WS

weight.png

Hey Deb Great to see you on here. Your weight loss is great. 31 lbs since surgery is awesome. My surgeon told me that the average for the first year is usually 40-45 lbs. Now I know that is not what none of us want to here but we did not put this weight on over night and it won't come off over night. I have lost 39 lbs since my surgery and dropped 5 sizes. I finally got down to the Onederworld this past week and was so excited. I have only had one fill of 5 cc's and really struggled for weeks with food getting stuck, I finnally fill restricted but not over restricted. I just keep trying to remember this is a tool and I have to work at it everyday. Protein and exercise. Good luck and keep up the good work.

Diane

Hey everybody!

Especially the Nov 2010 folks!! I haven't heard from this group in a very long time and am glad you all posted!! I am doing well and although my surgery was Nov 22, 201, I started changing my eating habits in September. So I've lost 40 lbs since Sept. My goal is 50lbs by May 22 and the other 50 by Nov 22, 2011. I have had 3 fills and the last one in March was .5 and I finally began to notice a small difference. She initially put in 1cc, but didn't swallow the Water easily so she took half of it out. That was probably a good thing. I am hoping that the next fill will get me to that "sweet spot" that I hear about. I'm still learning everyday how to eat, excercise, and live healthier.

I went to church today and saw a woman who I knew had the surgery 5 years ago at the same hospital I went to and she looks the same. She told me that she was so disappointed in her surgery and that it didn't work for her. Now she's planning to have gastric bypass. Recalling her conversation after her initial surgery, I could tell that she wasn't doing right by it or eating properly. She even mentioned how she was throwing up and food was getting stuck. That is an indication that she was probably eating the wrong things. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she's got to play an active part in her weight loss. We went to the same hospital and talked so negatvely about them. I kinda felt insulted because they have been a good support to me. Maybe things were different then and more improved now. I felt sorry for her but she seems to have her mind made up for the bypass. She wants to call me to talk about it, but I know that she will be very negative and I'm not looking forward to that. I will not try to talk her out of it because she's got to be committed to her own success first!

Anyway...again, it is good to hear from my November-sisters!! Let's keep in touch with our progress. You all have been an inspiration to me and helped me very much. It is something very special about keeping in touch with those had the surgery around the same time.