Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2010 Bandsters - post op

I'm starting this thread on the post-op site, hoping that November 2010 Bandsters will post their responses and comments here.

My procedure is tomorrow, November 3, and I'll try to hang out here. Would welcome company!

Deb WS

weight.png

i was banded yesterday, November 1st. Everything went smoothly, and the staff at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle has been SO gracious and encouraging! I have much less pain than I expected, though I did decide to ask for pain medication this morning. Overall a great experience and good start to the new life!

Congrats on what seems like a smooth procedure, abraxasbear!!

I really just wanted to post in this thread so I get notifications, AND so I can update later after my surgery!!

Good luck everyone!!

Thanks for starting the thread DebWS. I'm scheduled for November 16th. I will jump from the other thread throughout the month to see the updates.

Congrats abraxasbear!! I'm glad you are feeling well and being taken care of.

Dawnya

Deb, Good Luck on the Surgery today. I would love to follow along with you. I was banded October 27. I am feeling great today and very excited to start this journey to a new healthier thinner me. Diane

Deb, Good Luck on the Surgery today. I would love to follow along with you. I was banded October 27. I am feeling great today and very excited to start this journey to a new healthier thinner me.

Diane and all -

This is just the encouragement I need! Thank you for posting. My surgery is actually tomorrow; I confess that I just (deliberately) slid off my pre-op bandwagon and ate my last McDonald's Quarter-pounder (well, most of it), a few fries, and part of a shake. It was all I could eat - which did not used to be the case -- and I truly believe it will be my last.

It was a bit like saying goodbye to a friend who hasn't been so very nice...so tonight, it's shake time again, and then tomorrow, the next part of the journey begins.

Best to all,

Deb WS

(who wishes she was perfect, but knows she isn't)

i was banded yesterday, November 1st. Everything went smoothly, and the staff at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle has been SO gracious and encouraging! I have much less pain than I expected, though I did decide to ask for pain medication this morning. Overall a great experience and good start to the new life!

Hey! Congrats on your band! I'm also a Swedish patient, and will be banded 12/6. Good to hear they're as good as I thought they were. (Any chance you're the blond woman I saw there on my last visit? I'm sure you would recognize me - the fat bald guy. LOL!)

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

Dave

Hey! Congrats on your band! I'm also a Swedish patient, and will be banded 12/6. Good to hear they're as good as I thought they were. (Any chance you're the blond woman I saw there on my last visit? I'm sure you would recognize me - the fat bald guy. LOL!)

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!

Dave

LOL! Sorry, Dave, but I'm definitely NOT a blonde woman! I'm just another fat (shaved) bald guy. They say I have a double who's another patient there, though. Someone looks enough like me that they thought I was him returning the same day after an earlier appointment! Maybe that was you? Hehehehehe.... :)

In any case, I'm home from the hospital now, and still doing well. I haven't found the time and place for local support groups, so if you want to support each other, I'm all for it!

I got banded Nov 1st as well. Overall has gone well, except i have had high blood pressure, not sure why. usually have not had high BP. Pain with swallowing even Water yesterday but today is better. Overall going well...

Diane and all -

This is just the encouragement I need! Thank you for posting. My surgery is actually tomorrow; I confess that I just (deliberately) slid off my pre-op bandwagon and ate my last McDonald's Quarter-pounder (well, most of it), a few fries, and part of a shake. It was all I could eat - which did not used to be the case -- and I truly believe it will be my last.

It was a bit like saying goodbye to a friend who hasn't been so very nice...so tonight, it's shake time again, and then tomorrow, the next part of the journey begins.

Best to all,

Deb WS

(who wishes she was perfect, but knows she isn't)

Deb, You made me smile.:) I also said goodbye to an old friend two weeks before surgery, I had a McDonalds Fish Sandwich and Fries. Ate all the Fish Sandwich but couldn't eat the fries they were cold. lol My old way of thinking was if no one I knew saw me eat it, it didn't count. Well we know where that got me. I know I will never eat another because I want this too much and am committed to giving this 100%. This first week post op has been a challange trying to get all my Protein in and dealing with all the flood of emotions. Get a good nights rest and when you wake up tomorrow just think...It will be the First day of the rest of your life. A healthy...thin...life..:hi:

Deb,

Best of luck tomorrow! You will be fine. Now ya got me hungry for McDonalds, but will have to pretend with my broth and SF popsicles. Had my surgery yesterday and feeling a lot better tonight. Sore but not unbearable. No gas pains... maybe a little last night... but not bad.

John and Lovethenewme -

Thanks for the reports and encouragement. Toenail polish = off. About to do antiseptic scrub #2. Then - to bed early. Tomorrow I'll go to the chiropractor just to get my back in as good a shape as possible...a little more email..and then off to Brigham and Women's I go!

I'll bring my iPod Touch with me and hope I'll be able to post from the hospital...if not, I'll do so when I get home!!

Blessings for the journey,

Deb WS

DebWS I WILL ALSO BE BANDED TOMARROW AND CONGRATS TO NOV. 1ST BANDSTERS AND THANKS FOR THE REPORTS AS IT HELPS TO KNOW ALL WENT WELL ! :rolleyes:

LOL! Sorry, Dave, but I'm definitely NOT a blonde woman! I'm just another fat (shaved) bald guy. They say I have a double who's another patient there, though. Someone looks enough like me that they thought I was him returning the same day after an earlier appointment! Maybe that was you? Hehehehehe.... :rolleyes:

In any case, I'm home from the hospital now, and still doing well. I haven't found the time and place for local support groups, so if you want to support each other, I'm all for it!

What? You're NOT a blond woman? Whoops! :wub:

Sending you an email so we can compare notes offline.

Dave