Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Hey girls~

OMG when the alarm went off...I laid there and thought WTF is that??? haha...I am soooo tired and have to sit in a boring ass training. I will try to pick a better attitude and say TODAY I AM GOING TO LEARN A GREAT DEAL OF GREAT STUFF, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY SEEING MY FRIENDS (ABOUT 6 PEEPS FROM WORK), AND HAVE ALL THE ENERGY AND PEACE I CAN FIND.

Did that work? I'll let you know!

I'll be home after 5...everyone have a great day!

xoxoxoox

Whew, Saturday was like a repeat of Fri the 13th. Everything was going wrong!!!

We got a late start to ATL, due to having to help mom with some stuff before we left.. But we made good time, so we made up for it... until we hit some really bad storms. Traffic was down to 30MPH in all lanes for an hour. So we lost that made up time, then there's a time change (hour ahead), we planned to get to the hotel by 6pm, so we could change, get dinner then go to the meet & greet (the instructions in my e-mail said get there 2 hours before the show--8pm, even though I knew she had a 7pm show so she wouldn't be there at 8pm). Sooo we get there at 7:40pm, check in, get dressed really quick, head over to the theater (it was across the street).. and will call had our passes + instructions--meet at 9:30.. whew, so we had time to go eat, thank goodness. So we went back to the hotel's restaurant which is a hoity toity one and we were under dressed. They clearly didn't want to seat or serve us.. so they put us out on the patio. I got something, Russ decided to wait. We went back to the room, he ordered room service, they said it would be less than 30m.. well an hour goes by and no food and we have to get to the show!! He ended up having to refrigerate it for later, we get to the show at 9:30.. they take us back and we have to wait outside her door.. till 9:53 (her show was at 10).. so it was a very quick M&G.

It was us, 2 gay couples, and the Old Spice guy (who is most definitely gay). All 5 of them were squealing and giggling, I think that was highly entertaining. They all looked immaculate too, I felt under dressed YET AGAIN. Sorry I just don't have it in me to dress up to sit in a theater for 2 hours.

Kathy was SO FRIGGIN SMALL. I knew she was small, but oh my goodness small. I thought I was going to break her when she hugged me. And I hate our pics together, she makes me feel so huge.

She signed my book & a magnet. Russ pulled out his iPhone to take a pic, and she starts askin him what he thinks about (some feature) that she said pisses her off. And he goes 'Oh all you have to do is get this app blah blah'.. and she goes "TIFFANY!(her assistant) get with this guy and fix my phone". So he fixes her phone. Made me laugh. When I told her I wanted a full body pic so I could show baby one day that they were there! She goes "Did you know?" and I'm like eh? She said it would come to me later, and in her show she talks about that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" which we recently started watching.

Her skits were funny and nothing I've seen on her show, so it was 2 hours of crying with laughter.

Glad we got to go!!!

Russ enjoyed it too, despite his initial reservations. He even enjoyed meeting her.

Good morning!!

I was busy doing things around here and now don't have much time before I have to leave!

I am off for my lunch with a friend or by myself!

Pamela, I think this would be such a hard time for me, I hope you can settle back into the groove of school.

Hope all is well.

Loved your story about the show Laura, didn't like the comment somebody made on one of your pics on Facebook though. But, maybe I took it the wrong way. Kathy G. just looks really tiny, I didn't know she was so tiny. When you say the Old Spice Guy, what do you mean? Is that literal? I didn't know they still had one!!

Okay off for me!!!

M sitting in waiting room @ lapband doc. Am not happy they made me come. Do not want or need a lecture on why I am still fat after 3 years. But am expecting one. I Know what to do... just, obviously!!!, don't do it. Bleh. I need a brain band. Grrr am quite cranky.

Am home. Was right... got the "what to do" lecture... ugh. I didn't think I needed a fill, but she gave me a "top off" anyway. She wants me to do liquids for at least a week, then absolutely follow the rules to the letter. & I have to go back in a month. It hurts where she stuck me, and whether it's psychological or not, I'm having a hard time getting my 3pm pro shake down... I'm still working on it! Hmmmmmmmmm...

Pam, have you noticed that I am writing in the size 4 font lately? Usually I use 3. Is it easier for you to read? I feel like I am yelling when I write this big. Need to get used to it.

Did some DL research over the weekend, so we can maximize our time there. Will send it to you via e-mail sometime.

Storm's a-brewing... I hear thunder in the distance! I'd better log off the 'puter!

Laura, KG sounds like it was worth all the discombobulation! I can imagine what she sounded like when she yelled for her assistant to come fix the phone w/Russ -- too funny!

I am home, I saw four things today that made me think of the violets, I am going to see if I can find these things online, and then cut and paste.

These made me especially think of Judy, Pamela, and Laura.

Hottest mess of a concert by a living legend: When we heard Liza Minnelli was coming to town in June, we expected kooky. What we didn't expect: sloppy. Minnelli's concert with the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra left many people scratching their heads. She performed barefoot, she came and went randomly, songs stopped and started abruptly, and there were times we doubted Minnelli had even laid eyes on the show's set list beforehand. In fairness, she was recovering from a knee replacement. But tickets to see divas like Liza don't come cheap. A rescheduled show may have been a welcome alternative. By Gabe Hartwig

Best excuse to buy glitter and hot glue: Lady Gaga performed at the Fox Theatre in January and at Scottrade Center last month. Too much of a good thing? We don't think so. By Gabe Hartwig

Best observations from the Old Spice guy: Isaiah Mustafa, you had us with, "I'm on a horse." But your personalized videos to Twitter followers made you our favorite washed-up-NFL-player-turned-Hollywood-darling. Some of Mustafa's best:

• "Your love has blossomed from a seed into a fully grown love plant."

• "I personally have never had a fever because my body is 98 percent muscle, and muscles can't get sick."

• "Did you know when one handsome man compliments another handsome man, somewhere in the world a luxury-style hottub is born?"

• "I am the president of female noses and the prime minister of their hearts." By Diane Toroian Keaggy

Good Tues Morn...

Am so sleepy but must drive ds to the last tryout in a few mins... yawn!

Went to the movies last night w/dd, and a friend and her two daughters... a LATE movie, for me... 9pm! oh my. We saw the pre-teen fav, "Charlie St. Cloud". If you enjoy watching Zac Efron brood from every possible angle -- and especially wet &/or crying -- then this flick is for you! He does have particularly piercing blue eyes...

I did not eat popcorn! I snuck in a venti ice Sbux and sipped on it the whole time. I'm a good girl.

Ok -- off to the HS. I didn't even take my shower yet -- I'm going to drive there & back in my pj's!! :lol:

worked out and it cut into my puter time! love you guys...pop in later!

yeah michelle!