Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good evening!!

Busy day tomorrow, both jobs tomorrow.

There was just something on the news about a baby that was squeezed so hard by her nanny that she broke 18 of her bones! Oh my gosh I have heard of shaken baby, but this is crazy!

I hope Pamela is having fun tonight!!

Good morning!

Well I am off to work today!

I kind of have a summer schedule, during the school year I have a 10:00 a.m. blow out on Friday mornings (she does a latchkey) and during the summer she teaches in the mornings, so today ends my summer. I have like 1/99999999999999 the feeling that you have Pamela of going back to work earlier, it is amazing what a difference an hour makes!!!

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the two jobs, but really I am not that busy, just need to manage my time better. I really am not just saying I am not that busy to make myself believe it either, I just have to adjust to it, I have done pretty good, now it seems like I am stuck!!

Oh well, such as life. One day I will figure it out! Right?!?!?!?!

Good morning, Violets..

I was supposed to go to therapy today, but I called and cancelled it. I just couldn't bear her pulling and bending and not listening when I said it hurt. I'll go in the pool today and do my exercising there where it is way less painful, but just as productive.

Kris and Grady are coming over this afternoon to swim. Kris and Nathan bought 5 acres of property yesterday and will be putting their house up for sale next summer and will build a new home. They are also going to start trying to get pregnant again next month. Lots of excitement.

Haven't heard from Joe. I left a voicemail yesterday and no answer yet. I'm hoping they are just too busy getting settled, but you know how parents worry.

As for the band. I still am sold on it. With mine unfilled it has been a struggle not snacking all the time. I still eat a reasonable portion, but of course nothing gets stuck, so no reminders of good eating habits. We have an appointment Sept. 20 for a refill. I'm only going to have him put in 1 cc. and hope that takes care of the burping issue I had when it was filled before.

Off to the couch to ice my knee before I head out to the pool in a little bit.

Everyone have a great day!!! TGIF... and tabloid day!!

noooooooooooo I'm going to have the Mama Lucia song stuck in my head all day now!!!!!

I got the slight unfill after finding out preg, so I could eat veggies and salads. Didn't work so well. I am still too tight till about 4pm...so I pick at food--chips & dip, or chicken nuggets & ketchup. But then after 4pm I'm an open flood gate, and I can't control myself, esp. since I couldn't eat much before 4pm. I miss the days of being one of them folks who the band magically worked and I had to put no effort into it. I miss being size 14. Smallest I'd been since pre-4th grade.

Now I need to win the lottery so I can afford to convert to the sleeve.

I get to gush over Kathy Griffin tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tabloid Day! Yay!

Janie, I'm sure you'll find a routine that works for you!

Judy, Could you ask for a different therapist for Fridays?

Laura, if I don't "see" you before you leave -- have a great time w/Kathy G!

Regular day here today... grey & wet... I want to just snooze all day, but not an option. Work work. Today is pretty much our "unofficial" last day of summer, as HS soccer begins tomorrow, and continues every day through November some time. Buh bye, summer!

Enjoy!

Aaaaahhhh so glad its Friday. But I might have to work tomorrow and Sunday. My mom is going to a conference in san antonio and she wants me to come with her. So if I go its Monday and Tuesday and so ill have to work sat and sun. She won't know for sure until 3pm today so we will see. While she's in her conference ill be at the spa and in the pool so I would love love love to go!

Judy, ah that darn PT. Is it supposed to hurt that much when she works with you? Can you request someone else?? Sorry you're still in pain. Gald to hear you'll see your baby today. That always helps! Congrats to Kris and her hubby for their purchase and eventual new house. So exciting!! Oh and about trying again for baby #2!!

Jane, I think its normal to struggle with a new schedule at first. Before you know it you won't even know what you did before you started at sallys, lol.

My mom has been spooooiiiilllliiinnggg me so much. Each time I mention something I'm craving she will whip it right up. My sisters are loving it too because we love my mamas cooking! But everyone is gaining weight right along with me, lol!

Well, back to work for me...

Good evening!!

Laura have a safe and FUN trip!!!

Pamela, hope your having fun!!

Everyone else have a good one!!!!!!!!

Good morning!!

Both jobs today then off for two!

Found out yesterday that the IV Iron that I got last year for one day for sure is for three days this year! Even though it was an all day affair, at least I was over and done with in one day. Now I have to go back every week for a couple of hours or so. It will probably take me that long to get up there and park and such, can you tell I want to go???

Oh well I hope everyone is having fun today!!

Judy you are on my mind today!!!!!!

Everyone is for that matter, but Judy and her knee! I am concerned!!! You guys remember it is my job to worry don't you?

Good afternoon, violets...

Just back from support group meeting. First time I have been out and about in a month. I managed to make it through the meeting alternating sitting and standing. Back home and had a taco for lunch. Kris, Nathan and Bob went to the museum in town to see the WWII exhibit. I couldn't manage walking that long so I'm home on the couch. I'll get in the pool when they get home.

From all the people I've talked to that have had knee replacement, 6 weeks seems to be the turning point. So I'm anxiously waiting 2 more weeks and hope to see improvement. It's bearable, but sure is a pain... literally!

Off to rest on the couch a bit and ice the knee. Thanks for your concern and phone calls Janie!!!! I'm sure I'll be fine for the trip. If not, can I rest my leg on your lap on the plane?? :):lol:

Everybody have a great weekend!!

Hey Girls~

We had a great time in Vegas!!! The show was AMAZING and her talent is off the charts. The "extra" she puts on in the world is just for show...she has an amazing raw talent! Great evening!!

We came home yesterday and gelled...and vegged...and I took a nap until 6:45pm! uggg, needless to say I didn't sleep well last night. I stayed up and watched my first Netflix vid...Mad Men season 1. Anyone watch that show...love it and now can't wait until the next one comes!

Skipping church today (first one all summer) and hanging out. We have a friend coming over to sew the curtains etc. My biggest accomplishment today will be a shower!

Judy, bend bend bend!!! And enjoy the pool! OUrs has been too cool lately. If the night temp goes into the 70's the pool is too cool. I need a few days of 114.

Michelle, I'd kill for a rainy day! I had a dream last night about a rainy day....i wish!

Laura, hope you had fun w/ Kathy. Can't wait to see pix!!

Janie, when do you start the Iron? Are you near the office/hosp. or is it far away? Good luck with that.

Haydee, enjoy all the spoiling from your mom. I actually felt a pang of jealousy when I read that. This is an amazing time for you and your family...and send over some of mom's cooking!

I am officially back to work tomorrow. I have 3 days of training sitting there listening...which is not easy after being off all summer!

OK...off to check Walden!

have a great sunday!

Good Sunday Morn to you all~~

DH & DS left @ 4:15am this morn for a Metric Century bike ride in Pa. :) (I'm so mean!) Meanwhile, DD & I slept in! Sounds like the perfect balance of yin & yang to me!

Once I can rouse her from her slumber, dd & I are going BTS shopping... gone are the years when "safety scissors and primary color crayons" were an item on her class list... now it's "$100 graphing calculator"! :) They grow up so fast.

Other than that, it's just work for me today. I'm re-writing a chapter on Pregnancy Discrimination -- & I mean really tearing it apart, WAY more intensly than the usual level of edit that these books require -- and I'd love to be able to send it back to the editor tomorrow. That will be a major check off the ol' "to-do" list!

Everyone enjoy the day!

Edited by mdrai

Pam we were posting @ the same time! So glad you gals had a great time! Enjoy your last day of summer!!

Good evening, Violets..

Another same o, same o day today. I got in the pool twice for my exercises. Tomorrow I meet with the therapist again... the nice one. I only have 2 more sessions with the gestapo therapist and then I'm done with her. It will ve the two nice ones after that until I'm done with therapy.. probably another couple of weeks. I can see improvement, but it sure is a long, long haul. Just hope I'm able to get around well for the trip next month. It certainly is my goal.

Joe starts his new job tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear how it goes for him. He says Ethan plays my book at least 6 times a day. Sure do miss that little guy.

Off to watch food Network Star and then whatever is on E.. Everyone have a good evening!!

Good evening!

Went to my parents house today and went to brunch and just sat and veged with them for awhile. I would go over every Saturday night when I got off work and help with Anna, so I miss them and Anna.

I start the Iron tomorrow afternoon. I think I do it three mondays in a row, I might do it every other monday though. It is only about 10 miles or so and mainly highway, but I need to allow at least a good hour and then sometimes I am still late because it is so congested up around there. It is part of Washington University, and is huge.

You know I complain an awful lot!!

Pamela, that sounds like so much fun. Lady Gaga would be a hoot to see. I am sure she had some wild and outrageous costumes huh?

Laura, I loved the pics on facebook! You looked like you had such a good time!!!!!

The Black Eyed Peas were in town last night and a couple people that I know went and said it was great.

I have got a lunch date tomorrow with a friend that I don't know if she canceled or not, so I am just going to go, and if she doesn't show up, just eat lunch by myself. Which by the way I really do love doing!! I also like going to movies by myself. Am I weird???