Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Had such a good day yesterday and hoping for another today. No therapy except the pool for me today and that's great. I had a good night's sleep, got up at 7:30 to let the dogs out and then laid on the couch and fell asleep til 9:30.. yikes!!

Sooo Liza and I have something in common, eh.? I have a concert coming up on Sept. 11.. hope I don't disappoint!!!!

Laura.. I looked up the Old Spice guy and he has a daughter.. and a girlfriend..

Ladies (and a select few of you gents): Isaiah does indeed have a girlfriend. She's a dancer -- "professional, not pole," he is quick to note -- whom he says is fantastic and funny.

And if that "he's taken" thing isn't made very clear? "She will kill me, she will be after me, high heels in hand," he says in mock terror, adding a good-natured chuckle. "Let that be known, I have a girlfriend!"

And I never realized how tiny Kathy Griffin was... yikes!!! She's had a LOT of work done to herself. Glad you enjoyed the show and meeting her.

PamELa... these are the days that retired teachers love the most. When the countdown to school starts, I just think of sleeping in late, swimming in the pool and sitting in an a/c home with my doggies and the Bobster. Have I mentioned I LOVE retirement?? But I did love teaching and I do miss the little munchkins. After 32 years, I knew it was time and have never regretted it. Now the Bobster is a different story. When this interim position is over in a few months he's looking at another one in Saginaw which is a few hours away. We'll see how that pans out. He really is not ready to quit entirely yet, he loves preaching too much. If he wasn't so good at it I would encourage him to really retire, but he's one of the best in his profession. Besides he has to make money to fund his golf addiction now.. lol

Off to find some Breakfast and take my pills. I am only taking pain pills when I go to therapy now, so that's a big improvement.

Everyone have a great day!!

Ok... so I don't know what that gal did to me yesterday... but it's taken me 1.5 HOURS to drink 1 Protein shake! :( WTH?

Judy, so glad to read that you're feeling better!

Ha ha, last night @ the movies there was an Old Spice Guy commercial that I'd never seen... it was long & FUNNY... and obviously very large on the "big screen"... I never noticed but it looked like he had a BIG booty! And I was thinking about what Laura said and was chuckling to myself...

I LOVE BTS time & Fall... it's like New Year's to me... a chance to re-start... crisp weather (well, not yet, but...), new clothes, new routines... love love love it!

Michelle.. sounds like the "top off" fill is really going to work for you. Hope it's not toooo tight, though. I can't wait to get back for my fill in Sept. I'm doing well, but need my tool back.

Kris brought me some candy cigarettes and Clark bars. Just what I need!! :( She knows me well, though..

Lunch, pool therapy and snoozing this afternoon. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Judy that blows my mind!! He was veryveryvery flamboyant, like an obvious... huh.

But did he have a big butt, Laura?

Candy cigarettes! :frown: They still make those?

I hope I'm not too full too, Judy... but then I think that maybe it's just that I have to adjust to it being different after all this time. I WAS obviously not tight enough... if entire hamburgers w/fries, to mention just one food that I could gobble down w/ease, is obvious.

Maybe I'll lose a lb or two before we meet again... :(

Lunch, pool therapy and snoozing this afternoon. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I want this schedule! Do I have to get a knee replaced, tho? :(

Ok, I don't want to brag... but... if I don't, then who will?

Every once in awhile, it's nice to know that my efforts are appreciated. Here's what my editor just wrote to me about the big honkin' messy chapter I slaved over the end of last week & weekend:

Hello, well I was able to go over the chapter today and I

must say, I am humbled! Boy, you did an excellent job--I am

in awe right now. Doubt if I could have turned it into

something as good as you did.

Yay, me!

(Oh yeah, the kind words also come w/a bump in salary for the whole book (which, sadly, she's anticipating will be as bad as that chapter)! I'm going to squirrel away the extra for PS fun!!)

Guess I should get back to work now, huh? :(

Woooo hoooooo, great job, Michelle!!! And yes, if you want my schedule (with pain added, of course) just get yerself one of dem knee replacements.

I finished one pack of my candy cigarettes.. and they are packaged the same way as years ago, except they don't have the word cigarette on the box anywhere. Just.. candy. Yeah, right, slender white sticks with red dye at one end.

I finished my therapy in the pool and had to take a pain pill a while later. At least I can go longer than 4 hours without a pill. I usually only have one a day now, so I guess that's progress.

Choir starts next week. I hope I'm ready. The first rehearsal will be a short one with a pot luck afterwards. I usually have them out here at the house for a party, but I just can't be a good hostess right now.

Thursday the church board will be doing phone interviews of 3 people who are interested in coming to be our interim minister. Can't wait to have someone in place to help us heal and move on.

The Bobster just called and he's on his way home. Got to get supper going.... caramelized onion chicken, fresh broccoli and hash browns... yums.

Ok, wierd story here. I am looking at some pics from a high school class mate (from Indiana) and it is titled Mexico City. It says class mate and Haydee Gonzalez like this. Is Haydee a common name? I've never known anyone else named Haydee.

Then I start looking at the photos in the album and there's a wedding. Hmmmm.....

But, no, it's not the Haydee I know, she's not smiling!!

If you are curious, here's the link:

Login | Facebook

Hi Girls~

Michelle, YEAH!!! Congrats on the job well done..and on the kick ass fill. I get one next week, i've put on 10 pounds this summer!!! When I work out, I have a huge appetite. Plus, eating shitty food...a good fill will serve me well.

What are some good Protein Shake ideas? I haven't had one in years, and really need to pick up some Unjury next week. WHAT ARE YOUR (YOU ALL) shake SECRETS???? I like 'em in the morning, and like that w/ the Unjury, I am starting the day w/ 20 g. of Protein.< /span>

Judy, so glad to hear you are "on the mend" and mending well!!! I am ready to go back to work, just not ready for the alarm clock..that is what is killing me the most.

Well today is day 3 of 3...and I am ready to not do this anymore. It is hard to sit and listen all day, especially when teachers are so used to talking!

Purple power thoughts and prayers for Susanne's mom tomorrow! Surgery is at 1pm (our time).

OK...have a wonderful day!

xoxoxox

Conrgats Michelle!!!

And glad your leg is more bendy Judy! It needs to be in good shape for Disney LAND!!! Maybe we can rent you a scooter?

Michelle, Haydee, and I are on the same flight from TX to CA, so we just coordinated getting seats together (it only took 1 million and 1 e-mails to get it done).

I don't like that Travelocity made me think I couldn't pick seats. Michelle told me she uses AA direct, so I went there and sure enough it let me do it. But Travelocity won't let me do it and it doesn't direct me to AA to do it. Never used Travelocity in the past, don't imagine I will again in the future. I normally use Orbitz or Expedia, which are both very user friendly.

Janie and I are on the same flight from Chicago. We have our seats together too. Purple power on those planes for sure!!!

I'm off to the pool for my first exercising today. It finally got up to 70 degrees. The Water temp is 92 so I'll be staying way down in the water for sure!

Edited by Teachlady

Long day yesterday and today...

I am pooped!

I hope all goes well with Suzanne's Mom.

Actually that was the fourth thing that I read Monday, it wasn't spelled right, but it was a little blurb in a magazine that asked "What is a suzani?" I had a Horschack moment (is that right from Welcome Back Kotter?) and raised my hand and thought what is Pamela's better half!!!

Good morn girlies...

Hugs for Susanne and purple power for her mom today!

Regular day... work, house stuff, etc... then the soccer picnic tonight... we're assigned to bring a side dish & I'm going to make "BLT Pasta Salad"... quick, easy, tasty. I won't be eating any, but the hungry soccer players should enjoy it!

Make it a good one!