Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good morning, Violets..

63 degrees and 94% humidity... yuck. It's really dark out and raining. It's not looking good for some pool time this afternoon.

PamELa... prayers and purple power to all of you today, especially Susanne's mom.

Well, I have the gestapo therapist today. Only today and tomorrow with her and then she's history. I'll grit my teeth and hope she doesn't push me beyond my limit today. I took an extra pain pill and a Peanut Butter cookie to try and get me through.

I'll be bringing my cane along to Disney Land... I hear it gets you to the front of the lines faster.. :thumbup::tt2:

Off to pain land... Everyone have a great day!!

Hey girls~

I will be going to Phoenix in a few hours! Gotta do a bit of this and that first.

Everyone have a great day!

BLT Pasta sal sounds DELISH!!!

I got Haydee's flight info...YEAH!!!

Text or call me if something big happens!

I'll be bringing my cane along to Disney Land... I hear it gets you to the front of the lines faster.. :tt2::tt2:

I'm not sure about that... the people in those lines can be rabid & not care a whit about a cute lil' gal with a cane... at WDW & DL, it's "survival of the fittest"! :) ... but then again, you'll have your posse w/you, so it'll all be good!

Hope the pb cookie helps w/the therapy! Makes sense that it would...:thumbup:

Speaking of Disney... we just found out this morning that DS's club soccer team was accepted into a soccer Showcase @ Disney from 12/27 - 30! :eek: Talk about the worst week of the year to even think about going down there, yikes! Most likely it'll be DS & DH who go... but there is a slight/slim/sliver of a chance that we all may go the week before & spend Xmas there -- and THAT would be our Xmas. But probably not. But maybe. Gotta love indecision!

Good morning, that sounds good Michelle, do you really put lettuce in it? If you get a chance sometime pop the recipe in!!

Good thoughts for Suzanne's Mom right at this moment!!!

Everyone make it a great day!!!!

Wooo Hooooo!!! Back from therapy and it was great! I got to ride the stationary bike and make the pedals go alllllllllllllll the way around for the first time. I got the knee to bend to 104 on the Total Gym and she never pulled out the torture band that usually kills me. I see her again tomorrow and hopefully it will be the same. Can't tell you how relieved I am not to be cussing her out in my mind!

Off to ice the knee. The sun came out and it looks like I'll be able to get in the pool this afternoon.

Were they called candy cigarettes? I thought they had to change them.

Congrats on the good day Judy!!

We just went and picked up a baby furniture set from Craigslist. I went and looked at it yesterday, looked good, 3pc set.. crib, changing table with 3x drawers (which can be flipped over to be a flat top dresser when you're done with the changing part), and a 5 drawer dresser. It's called cinnamon colored, but it's a little bit brighter cherry color.

Now I'm trying to get people to pick up my guest room furniture. Had a million people on CL show interest, then no one shows up. I need it out of there so I can clean the room to prep for painting!

Yay Judy! So happy for you! You're doing great!

Getting the room ready is so exciting, Laura!

No, no actual lettuce! This is the first time I've made the recipe, it just sounded easy & I love BLTs & we're supposed to bring a side dish, so... Here it is:

1 lb Pasta (I used mini wagon wheel), cooked & drained

a bunch of green onions, sliced

1 can of petite diced tomatoes, drained well (or you could finely chop a few fresh tomatoes)

8 slices bacon, cooked & chopped up (I used the pre-made bacon in the bag) (man I was lazy, huh?) (but it was the "real" stuff and not the "bitz") (just want to make that clear)

1 cup mayo

1/4 cup white vinegar (I'll use less the next time I make it & maybe cider)

and for good measure, I threw in 3 packets of splenda

Cook pasta; drain & cool and put in large mixing bowl. Add onion, Tomato, bacon and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together mayo, vinegar, & Splenda/sugar. Pour mayo mixture over pasta mixture and mix well. Put in a pretty serving dish, cover w/plastic wrap, and refrigerate 'til party time.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Edited to add: I got the recipe from www.thepioneerwoman.com -- wow she's got some tasty recipes over there!

Edited by mdrai

Michelle, thanks that recipe sounds good, I even sent it to my mom, I think she will like it!!

I have a HUGE pimple coming on my cheek. Hopefully my 'On The Spot' does its trick!! But I am telling you, I haven't had one this big since I was 15? Huge I tell ya Huge!!

Good morning!

Well the pimple has not taken over my face, it has not gotten a lot better! Now if I could only feel like I was 15 again.......................

Have a good one!!!!!!!

Where the heck has my week gone??!! I've been go go go since Monday morning. I've had wedding appts almost everynight exept for last night. Signed three contfracts. The heat is killing me now though. I can't be outside for long. I mostly stand inside the house and point at the grounds through the window. I have two weddings in sept and three in oct and two in nov. I don't think ill be working them though. Too hot. One of them is actually scheduled while I'm in PS!

Had another dr's appt yesterday and another ultrasound. The bean is not a bean anymore. She sgetting so big! And very active. Unfortunately I haven't actually felt her moving around in there. I carry my weight in my lower gut so that area has always been the fattest part of my body. It makes it hard to feel through all the blubbler, lol.

Well we went to the furniture store last night and bought sophia's nursery furniture. Omg its beautiful!! Exactly what I wanted. Its so funny because I had gone a few weeks ago to look with my sisters and we all fell in love with this one set. And last night I went with my parents and didn't tell my mom which one I liked. I told her to pick the one she liked. Well we were walking around the showrooms and when we came to that one she just gasped. She loved it and it was the one we loved too! Too funny! So we ordered it and it takes 14 weeks to get in. We were cutting it close! I hope there are no delays, its coming by boat. The last thing I want to be doing at 8.5 months is setting up furniture! Oh well....

Judy! Glad your knee is getting better and better. ditto on the scooter for disney, lol. Who gets to pick the new minister? The committee votes?? If bob takes that position which is a few hours away does he just drive that on sundays??

Michelle, that was a nice comment from your editor. It always feel good to get those little pats on the back.

Laura, yay on finding a set on craigslist! 90% of the furniture in my house is from craigslist and its all very nice stuff. The only things we've bought new are the matresses on the beds and a bench I have in my room. Are y'all gonna paint the babies room before you find out sex? What color are you thinking of doing it? Sophias nursery bedding is going to be pale pink with touches of pale sage green and ivory. I know, I already changed my mind from the original color scheme,lol. Now I don't know what color I want the walls.

Jane, Did your pimple go down? My face is a wreck during this pregnancy! I've never had so many pimples in my life. My chin is a mess. Oh and good news from the dr yesterday, she told me I could go ahead and dye my hair. Yay! My roots are terrible. And the gray hair? Horrific!

Pam! I honestly don't remmeber if suzannes moms surgery is today. Sending you lots of prayers nonetheless. I can't believe I'm booked! Yay! So happy!

Suzy, hi there! Yeah in mexico there is lots of haydee's. Its not unsual over there. I love my name but wish it wasn't so difficult for people to pronounce. That's why I went by martha all throught school. (My first name). How you been? Any more consideration on fostering again?? How's the job situation working out??

Well I am so so so grateful its Friday. I'm bumming around work today. Not because I have nothing to do but because I'm just in a lazy mood. I'm gonna go check out some gossip websites and bring back some dirt! Ill be back...

Ahhh I'm so full. Just got back from panera for lunch. I had a big salad, bowl of Soup and a huge cheery pastry. I'm gonna pop!

Its barely one here and I'm so ready to gooooo... I have 4 more hors left. And my pants are tight and digging into me, lol

Good evening, Violets..

What a nice day today. I had therapy this morning and it went very well. The gestapo therapist was actually very nice and didn't hurt me at all. I did 10 minutes on the sitting stepper, 10 minutes on the stationary bike and 5 minutes on the total gym. Got the knee to bend to 105 and the therapist was very pleased. I go back on Monday again. I'm wondering how many more weeks I'll go cause things are progressing more each time and there is only so much they can do once the knee starts bending like it should.

I took 2 pain pills before going to therapy so I was really tired when I got home. I slept for 2 hours and then Bob and I ventured out to Wal-Mart. First time I have been in there getting my own tabloids in 5 weeks!! It felt good till I got home, then had to take another pain pill. I'll have to remember to bring them with me to Ca.

Michelle.. the church board picks the interim minister who will probably be with us for at least 2 years, then a search committee will be formed to read profiles and find another minister. I am going to volunteer to be on the search committee.

If it works out for Bob and the Saginaw position, he will be there a few days a week and home a few days. I can handle it. But that doesn't open up until December and we don't know how long he will be at the church he is at now. They are in the search process and reviewing profiles, but the congregation keeps telling the committee to take it slow. They really like Bob.. lol

PamELa.. hope everything is going well with you and Susanne and her mom.

I'm going to try and sleep in our bed tonight. The couch has been so darn comfortable, it's hard to change.

Everyone have a good evening. Sleep well.

Good evening!

Work was kind of slow both places, we are supposed to be getting a really bad storm any time now.

I have to work two more days then off Monday, but have that stupid Iron thing that takes up my day.

I have been thinking alot today of PS.

Oh well hope you have a good sleep Judy!!

Good afternoon, Violets..

Wow.. sure is quiet today. It's a dreary day here today... rainy and cloudy. We are going out to dinner with friends tonight. My first time in 5 weeks! I'm not doing any therapy today to see if it affects the swelling. The knee seems to be much better today.

We got the bill for the surgery today. $3,000 for the doctor and $34,000 for the hospital.. yikes!!! We owe $550 of that. Sure am glad we have insurance!

Off to ice the knee and get ready for the evening out.

Everyone have a great day!