Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Had a good night's sleep and now off to church for the first time in 6 weeks. I plan on some pool time this afternoon and a nice, long nap. It's back to work tomorrow for me. Been a long time since I've had to go to rehearsals, but I think I'm ready to get back in the routine.

Everyone have a great day!!

Good morning girls~

We had a great night last night. It was a Pro Bull Riding event...and it was a blast!

Today, I have Walden work and church! Making bbq chix tonight! I am starving now, that is why I am thinking about it!

Everyone have a great Sunday! Tonight is a REAL school night! Gotta decide what I am wearing tomorrow???

xoxo

Haydee, we still haven't used the crib comforter. Not sure when you get to that. We JUST started using a blanket (which he loves) a couple weeks ago, and it's a small size one so he can't get stuck under it.

We took off the bumper padding when he was able to roll over, so he didn't wind up underneath it. Yeah they scare you with -everything-.

This weekend was too short. Carson has been bottle free (even for night time, which is only one he has anymore) for 2 days. YAYYYY. Tonight he cried in my arms as I rocked him, and what got him to stop crying? Humming Christmas carols. LOL. So 4 or 5 songs later, he was snoring on my shoulder.

We are going to TN tomorrow to visit in laws, get to meet BIL's daughter, and their g'ma is in town from PA and she hasn't seen Carson since xmas.

Back is killing me.

Good morning!!

Gotta Run, hope everyone has a great day today!!

Laura, hope you back is better, I know you are prone to back problems, but did you have back pains with Carson? There is nothing you can really do about that is there, sorry if that is true!!!!

Have a good one!!!

YEAH Carson!!! Don't grow up too much!

1st day of school!!! OMG! I am ready!

Pop in later! xoxoxo

Good Morning, Violets..

Headed to therapy this morning and then vegging the rest of the day. The Bobster had to go to Kris's since she threw out her back and can't lift Grady today. So he'll be spending the day out there until Nathan can get home. It's going to be a very hot day today so I'll get some pool time and the a/c will be cranked up.

PamELa... have a great first day of school. I remember those first days well. Glad I could sleep in until 9 today!! I know, I know, I won't rub it in.

Everyone else have a great day!! Will check in this afternoon.

Happy first day back pam! I hope it goes great! I always loved the first day of school as a kid.

Yay Carson! He's getting to be such a big boy! What age do kids start getting teeth? How many months?

For the bedding in the crib we use it purely as decor, doesn't everyone? I would never leave the decorative pillows and stuffed animals in there while she's using it. And the blanket will also be decor, not for use. We will treat it the same as our comforter on our bed. Just decor to make the room look pretty and at night the gorgeous comforter and 30 decorative pillows come off and we pull out our very loved and very very worn blanky out of the chest at the end of the bed.

Also the bumper will be off most of the time but again we will use it when company comes, ect. All moms talk about the evils of bumpers but 100 percent of moms I know buy them because it makes the room look pulled together. Same for us. We want the nursery to look beautiful. Maybe its first time mom euphoria or whatever but I'm sure all new moms think the same.

I'm so tired today. Just tossed and turned all night. Juan was on a cleaning frenzy last night after we came back from my moms. I felt so guilty just lying in bed while he's picking up and cleaning bathrooms. He didn't finish until midnight and then came to bed and conked out and I just kept laying there not falling asleep. Its gonna be a looonnng day for me....

Hey Violets..

Not a good day today. After therapy I felt like the first day after surgery. Can barely bend my knee to walk. During therapy we got it to bend to 112 on the total gym, but it left me aching and ready for a pain pill.

I got some time in the pool this afternoon and did more walking and bending. I'm icing it now and wondering if I'm ever going to be back to being pain free.

I'm supposed to go to a flute rehearsal tonight, but not sure I'm going to make it.

They have added another therapy session tomorrow... gee, can't wait.

Sorry to be a whiner, but dang, it hurts!!!!

Judy, it will take 6 months before you feel like yourself, believe me, I thought I was making progress then got knocked down and try again tomorrow kinda thing. I go for my 1 year checkup next month, I feel pretty good on that knee but sometimes the side of my knee feels numb and sometimes I can feel a pain or two but not when walking. I know I need another knee fixed but i can't imagine going through all this rehab right now again. It's a feeling of helplessness, you can't even get up out of bed or a chair for a while, I remember trying to hold the bathroom trip in the middle of the night cause I didn't want to get out of bed, pain. This is no quick fix but after 6 months you will be done with all the pain and stiffness. You will be just fine, just give it a little more time. Sometimes when I stand for a while the knee does its own thing, might bend a little by itself. Thinking of you.

Hey girls... checking in from the eye docs, waiting for dd to get her new lenses put into her frames... poor thing has bifocals.

Judy, sorry to read you had a tough day :cursing:

Yes haydee, first-time moms are like that. I remember a friend of mine laughed & laughed at me when I hung up each little outfit in the closet... she kept saying that i'd be cramming them in a drawer if they ever made it out of the laundry basket & boy was she right! Good memories.

Sorry your back is bothering you, Laura!

How'd the first day go, Pam??

Are you getting used to the 2-job routine, janie?

Hey girls~

LOOONGGG day!

Judy, sorry you had a bad day. Hope hope hope you feel better soon!

off to get dinner ready...sus just got home and she is starvin' Marvin!

peaceout

Good evening, Violets..

Well, I slept for 2 hours after taking my percocet and luckily I told the flute quartet I wouldn't be making it before I fell asleep. I also emailed my singing group and said it would be another week before I got back with them. But I do have to do choir on Wednesday... no choice with that. I don't have therapy on Wednesday so maybe I'll be lucky and be able to sit and stand for an hour while I direct.

Dolores.. thanks for the info. I keep thinking I'm the only one who has had this bad of a recovery, but as my therapist says.. everyone is different.

I felt better after I woke up from my nap, but I'm going to have Bob help me bend and stretch the knee now before I head to bed. I see more percocet in my future!!

Everyone have a good evening.. sleep well.

You too Judy!!!

I am getting the hang of the two job deal, I only work about 5 hours a shift, so it is short, the longest would be if I work on Sunday and open then I would work 7. I think being a short shift helps.

I went to the Dr. today, the one I go to about my weight, and he didn't say so, but I think he is about over me. Would I even know you all if I didn't have a weight problem? The question of why I don't stick to something is not an answer I can give him. I could make up an excuse, but I am sure he doesn't want to hear it. Oh well, I guess when I figure out why I can't stick to a diet and exercise plan I will be thin---huh?!?!?