Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Mmmm, 2 percocet & a Bayer... will you share in Cali, Judy? :(

Just back from aqua aerobics... still lovin' it! Now if I would just remember that BEFORE I go, ha ha.

It's DS's first "official" soccer game of the season tonight! But it's away, AND at least one parent has to go to DD's BTS Night, so guess who's going to soccer & who gets to sit through her 15th or so BTS Night? :thumbup:

Mmmmm, coffee.

Good morning!!

I think things are going to be at a more normal pace for the time being. Getting that Iron and then working yesterday really made my last four Mondays seem like they were not my days off.

Thanks Michelle for the hug, I needed that!!

Laura, I still think the world revolves around me!! Or should!!

Haydee, did you have a GREAT weekeend???

Michelle, I saw you post earlier that you went to the beach, so I guess there were no Earl problems????

Thinking of you Pamela, sending you purple thoughts.

Judy, purple, purple, purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This pregnancy has made me much more hormonal than with C, I'm getting really short-fused with people. And the urge to smack the crap out of people is STRONG.

Going to lunch with a friend today, she suggested macaroni Grill. I don't like italian, and I've only been there once--about 10 years ago, thought it was so bad we got McDonald's on the way home!

So looking at the menu online to see what I may want that isn't a ridiculous amount of calories.

lg_spinachscallops-025_lr.jpg

That looks good right? Scallops & Spinach yum!

1270 calories! WHAT THE HELL DO THEY DO TO IT?!

That looks good right? Scallops & Spinach yum!

1270 calories! WHAT THE HELL DO THEY DO TO IT?!

Oh my goodness! What, indeed??! Yikes! Marinate it in simple sugar? Fry it? Oh dear!

Here, I looked it up on "Eat This, Not That"... doesn't sound so good...

For years now we've been on Romano's case to clean up the menu at his beloved macaroni Grill. So far we've had no luck. The fatty Italian spot serves some of the worst appetizers in the country, offers not one dinner entrée with fewer than 800 calories, and hosts no fewer than 40 menu items with more than a full day's recommended sodium intake. A select few menu items earn the restaurant's Sensible Fare logo—a fork with a halo over it—but unfortunately these items can still carry up to 640 calories and 32 grams of fat.

SURVIVAL STRATEGY

Thankfully Macaroni Grill will let you build your own dish. Ask for the marinara over a bed of the restaurant's whole-wheat penne, and then top it with grilled chicken and steamed vegetables

Check this out for some ideas:

Eat This, Not That

For lunch I had 4 oz of pork tenderloin & some grilled veggies (left over from dinner last night). I could eat only about 2 oz of it, & then I pb'd the little that I did eat! That's unusual for me. So much for eating "the bandster" way...

Not to gross you out, but now I've pb'd 3 separate times! I so rarely do it even once! I had no problem with the Boardwalk Fries on the beach on Sunday! :thumbup:

Going to bookmark that website Michelle. I was trying to get suggestions via Myplate on something better to eat, but I was avoiding pasta.. ya know me, picky eater, I don't eat Pasta.< /p>

I ended up getting the spinach scallops, dressing on the side.. and I really only ate the scallops and some of the roasted garlic pieces. Who knew they had such good scallops!! I'm in love now. Maybe they are rolled in sugar and deep fried.

mmmmmmmmm, that does sound good, Laura.

Ok... now it's more like 6 times... wth? One was even in the car on the way to pick up DS from school! (Thank goodness for ziploc bags, which I always keep in the car!) How can I even still have anything left in there? Bleh. It hurts!

Hey,

Quick check in! Michelle...maybe you need something to soothe your pipes. Seriously, when I have a bad one, I have a little ice cream or frozen yogart. The coolness helps w/ inflamation too. I PB'd bad yesterday...on a hotdog that I shouldn't have been eating anyway. Threw it away and went and had diet coke and popcorn at the movies.

Hey, since I am having gastric bypass...will I still be a violet?

CAN'T WAIT FOR YA'LL TO COME OVER!!

Ok just did some investigating.

Everyone who talked about that salad (googling) was from years ago, talked about the walnuts, parmesian crisps, and feta adding calories. None of that was on my salad.

It was scallops, roasted garlic, bacon, lemon juice, and very little oil.

So then I found this--

The scallop and spinach salad went from a whopping 1,270 calories (a whole day’s worth for some hard dieters!) and 27 grams of saturated fat (a salad containing more than a day’s worth of fat should be outlawed, don’t you think?) to just 390 calories and 4 grams of saturated fat.

Thank goodness, I still couldn't wrap my head around how on earth it was 1k calories!!

hey, since i am having gastric bypass...will i still be a violet?

oh shut up

oh shut up
lmao!!!!!!

LOL...ok! It does feel weird though, like I am breaking from the group a bit.