Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Hey girls...

Quick check-in. If it's possible, my busy-ness is amped up even more than usual these days. Work is at full speed, but I love the $$! So if I don't post lots, don't fret, it's just me being busy. I figure I can catch up w/ya'll as we lounge and laze by the pool... I can't wait!!!

Good evening, Violets..

Had a great day today. Therapy is actually enjoyable now. Progress is slow, but steady. I started back doing my volunteer shift at the hospital today. I needed to copy off 5 booklets for the nurses and each booklet was well over 200 pages, so after making up the education packets, I stood at the copy machine for almost 2 hours. My knee was throbbing by the time I got home. I iced it and took a long nap. Grady arrived at 5 and he'll be here until 8 while Kris does Zumba. He's playing on the computer with Grampa right now. They are wrapped up in a Sesame street learning game. Soooo cute!!!

Not sure what we're having for supper except veggies. I have fresh swiss chard, corn, scalloped tomatoes and squash. Just not sure what meat we'll have. Guess I better head to the kitchen and figure that out!

Gina... glad to see you back here. So sorry about your troubles with the band. Seems we are all going through these struggles. I have kept 50 of the 60# off, but I sure notice a difference with my band unfilled. All of us on here have passed the weight issue and are totally wrapped up in the friendship of this group. It's one of the best things I've received from the band!!!

Everyone have a great evening!!!

I was cooking dinner, made ham steaks, okra, and mac n cheese.. everything done and the ham steak smell turned my stomach. Now I have fish sticks in the oven lol.

Good morning.

Early meeting, then dentist, then work, then manicure.

Hope you all have a great day!!

I am so glad things are going better for you Judy!!

Hey Girls~

Had my gastric bypass support group last night! My friend Kelly and I went, she had it 2 years ago, and it was great! I am ready to do this tomorrow!

Today I have my bone density scan, then a quick presentation to give at the district office. Then home to grade papers!

Thursday is Back to School Night...busy week! I am so excited about your visit...just need to get through this week to dance my jig!

Talk a lot today...I pop in from work!

I love you all!

oxxoxo

Good morning, Violets..

brrrrrrrrrrrrr.. cold here this morning. 46 degrees. Doesn't look like a pool day in this neck of the woods.

The Bobster is out doing his clergy thing and I'm home waiting to see if I'm going to the PMS luncheon. Not sure if many are going and I don't want to be stuck with just me and the wife of our former pastor. That would be very uncomfortable. I'm waiting to hear from one of the ladies and if she's going, I'll go.

I had therapy yesterday and it's so nice not to be afraid of it anymore. I won't be able to do a lot when I'm with you guys but I think now I can at least keep up for awhile!!! I'm bringing my trusty cane with me.

I need to find a hotel in the next few days. We'll go down Wednesday evening and my flight is Thursday. The airport is a 5 hour drive from here. They have a shuttle to the terminal which is good. Bob won't have to park and I won't have far to walk.

I need to think about packing this weekend. It will be different going from this fall weather back to super summer!!

Off to get dressed for the day. Everyone make it a good one!

Back from meeting and dentist. I did get my hair cut pretty short and a little darker last night and nobody said anything about it. Makes you wonder if it really looks bad. I guess I will see what people think of it at work. I know right off the bat Charlie will hate it because Sue did it.

I came home and I had ordered a swimsuit and stupid me it came a couple weeks ago and I DIDN'T OPEN THE PACKAGE!!! I opened the package today and it was the wrong color, it was a dark purple and I ordered the raspberry color, and it was the wrong size. I will try it on tonight when I get ready for bed, but don't know if it will fit. I can live with the color, I don't like the way dark colors look on me, and it was funny that they made a mistake and sent me purple!! We will see.

Alright, off I go to work and see what people think of my hair!!

Hi from the barn. Kids are off school today for primary election day.

I had that same hair experience the other day, janie. I just figured they were dumbstruck by my awesomeness. Heh heh.

I think I've decided that no matter what, successful wt loss is mostly mental and when it clicks or we're ready, then it'll work. I could have my stomach removed & I'd still be fat if my thinking/ relationship with food didnt change.

I agree w Judy that its all about the friendships with you amazing women that has been my biggest success w the band. Love you girlies! Coco

I think I've decided that no matter what, successful wt loss is mostly mental and when it clicks or we're ready, then it'll work. I could have my stomach removed & I'd still be fat if my thinking/ relationship with food didnt change.

Amen, Sista! coco

Well, I don't really know about my hair, luckily I don't really care that much. I just find it kind of odd. I went from one length hair, to hair more like Judy's. It is longer than Judy's, but I have like 3 to 4 inch layers. I think the kiss of death might me that my mom loves it!!! The only people that commented on it today were my old customers...........

I forgot to try the swimsuit on and I am in my pjs. After the shower in the morning I will try it on. At this point, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit.

I LOVE COCO!!! It made me laugh!!!

We were lucky enough to have our primary in August, and oh my goodness, how the mudslinging has been going on for the past month and we still too much more as far as I am concerned!! Why are the kids off? What about everyone else? Even though they vote in our schools they just do it around the kids.

Alright hope everyone has a great nights sleep!!!

Hi! Super busy here this past week. I have two weddings scheduled for the weekend that I'm gone so I've ben working with the brides and my staff to make sure everything runs smoothly. Then on top of that one of our staff accountants quits on us last week. I'm already bogged down because I'm covering another girls maternity leave and now this other girl quits. They almost didn't let me take off next week! I have to work this weekend to make sure everything is done. I'm a little stressed right now...

I haven't even thought about the baby or the baby room in all this chaos. I'm 24 weeks today! Yay! Another appointment tomorrow to see how she's doing. Love y'all! Can't wait to see y'all next week...