Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking violets- part 6!!!

Morning Girls~

I watched all three episodes of my Netflix of MadMen! I LOVED every minute!

Michelle, I LOVE the balance pic too. I think balance is vital for all of us, especially you as you run this way and that way. Great pic!

OK...Big Brother peeps...can I SLAP Ragan and Enzo. It is so funny how in July I love this show...and in Sept I just wanna know who wins!

Today I've got a teleconference at 4pm! Also, Susanne is making us German meatloaf, OMG...that is some good stuff!!! So, I don't have to make dinner!

Can't wait to see you girls...need to start planning and checking into renting a van!

OK...gotta boogey and put my face on!

Good morning!!

Love your sig Michelle!!

Love meatloaf, what makes it German?

Pamela, now that it is getting closer is there anything any of us can do? I am checking in a bag because of my cpap, so I have extra room in my bag if anyone needs any product, just let me know now, so I can have a little heads up to get it. I can get most brands, I can't get brumble and brumble or aveda though.

Oh well off to work, I hope this finds Judy, Haydee, Laura, mini violets, and the macho violets out there fine.

Will the hurricane affect you at all Michelle?

Do tell, what makes the meatloaf German!? In fact, give me the recipe, I already like it, since it's "German". :)

Got a lot of weird crap going on, one of my best friends (Carson's god mommy <- unofficial), blew up at me the other day for the equivelant of me asking her how her day was. And we see each other at work every day and now we're not talking. I have no clue what just happened here, but I don't DO DRAMA.. and this must--HAD---to have stemmed from her being mad at me about something else, lord knows what.. I can't believe she really just wanted to blow up at me for asking her how her morning was. And she's one of those folks who gets mad about people not apologizing, so I'm surprised it's been 2 days and she still hasn't apologized for goin psychotic on me. She's always in IM's too, so we talk throughout the day.. she hasn't logged into IM's since that morning either.

Carson has his ears suctioned this morning. I was a little worried, since we all had to restrain him together, but the doc said it wouldn't hurt, it's just loud and scary. Carson's cries were panic/scare, and not pain so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

He's been draining thick (stinky) goop since Monday, he's been on antibiotic drops but they decided to suction it out so the drops could get in there better. He suctioned, put in drops, then a cotton ball.. by time we got to daycare the cotton ball was stuck in his ear from the goop draining out again. I swear he's permanently sick :thumbup:

German meatloaf is not like USA meatloaf (which I hate). It is called Hactbraten (or something like that). Take a lb or 2 of lean ground beef, add this Hactbraten packet of mix you buy in the commissary, and fry it up. It is served with gravy and mushrooms over spetzle!!! I will skip the spetzle (thick German noodles), or have a tiny bit cut up small (my 2.0 fill is pretty good), and have a salad and a piece of meat! ummm!

Good morn girlies...

In 3 weeks we'll be waking up in Vegas! Oh wait, that's a song. :thumbup: We'll be waking up in PS! :)

I've already made a double batch of Rice Krispie Treats this morn, for the soccer team... they're leaving @ Noon for an overnight tournament this weekend. DH is taking DS & 2 other guys... DD & I will be having a girls' weekend!

Off to my aqua pi-yo-chi class in an hour... am curious about it!

Ew Laura, that just sounds icky. Poor Carson.

We're far enough inland that we're not supposed to get any Earl rain, but the beaches are, and I'm supposed to go to the beach on Sunday to meet up w/my Sis & Mom who'll be there for the whole LD weekend.

Pam, dd & I are actually into BB this summer... we wonder if Lane could be Brittany's fiance Nick? & that would be the "2 of you know each other already" reveal from earlier in the season that it seems like they all just disregarded?

Judy, how did rehearsal go? Did you knee make it through?

Everyone have a good day and remember: Balance!

Michelle, Good thought on the Brittney Lane thing. I figured that was the saboteur thing, not a real thing though, I need to be more aware!!!! I guess the only one left who I don't really like is Enzo. The only thing I can say about him is he is a goof. Watching last night Ragan did have a convincing reason to keep him, but yet he was let go, so it does make me wonder.........

Still trying to find the commissary, once I find the commissary I hope the hactbracten aisle is easy to find.

Guess what I am doing this long holiday weekend???

WORKING!!!

Is it really a vacation when you work your ass off before you go to make up for the fact you are taking off a total of 5 days???? I am just feeling exceptionally bitter this morning, it will pass, oh did I tell you that I woke up to find TOM with me? That probably didn't start the day off right? I am going to "State Fair" Sunday, but as penance I have to work on MONDAY!!!! Oh well....

Enough crabbing and complaining, I really do hope you all have a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back from the Y. The class was good... a lot of stretching & core work, and then it ended w/ some calming ai chi. I love doing that stuff in the pool! Now I feel taller!

I just tried a new food product... Siggi's Icelandic Yogurt, orange ginger flavor. Meh. It's even thicker than Greek yogurt, has 16 g pro and no artificial anything. Was expecting more flavor. I'd read about the company and when I saw it in the grocery store, I wanted to try it.

Ok, off to work now.

Michelle, Good thought on the Brittney Lane thing. I figured that was the saboteur thing, not a real thing though, I need to be more aware!!!! I guess the only one left who I don't really like is Enzo. The only thing I can say about him is he is a goof. Watching last night Ragan did have a convincing reason to keep him, but yet he was let go, so it does make me wonder.........

Still trying to find the commissary, once I find the commissary I hope the hactbracten aisle is easy to find.

Guess what I am doing this long holiday weekend???

WORKING!!!

Is it really a vacation when you work your ass off before you go to make up for the fact you are taking off a total of 5 days???? I am just feeling exceptionally bitter this morning, it will pass, oh did I tell you that I woke up to find TOM with me? That probably didn't start the day off right? I am going to "State Fair" Sunday, but as penance I have to work on MONDAY!!!! Oh well....

Enough crabbing and complaining, I really do hope you all have a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spetzle & gravy.... drooling..

We can make it when ya'll are here! It was SOOOO yummy!!! Now that we don't have to drive 4 hours to get to and back from DL...we can make it Friday night (thank goodness it is not lent!).

HAPPY FRIDAY, OMG, I AM READY!

Good morn girlies...

In 3 weeks we'll be waking up in Vegas! Oh wait, that's a song. :scared2: We'll be waking up in PS! :biggrin:

I've already made a double batch of Rice Krispie Treats this morn, for the soccer team... they're leaving @ Noon for an overnight tournament this weekend. DH is taking DS & 2 other guys... DD & I will be having a girls' weekend!

Off to my aqua pi-yo-chi class in an hour... am curious about it!

Ew Laura, that just sounds icky. Poor Carson.

We're far enough inland that we're not supposed to get any Earl rain, but the beaches are, and I'm supposed to go to the beach on Sunday to meet up w/my Sis & Mom who'll be there for the whole LD weekend.

Pam, dd & I are actually into BB this summer... we wonder if Lane could be Brittany's fiance Nick? & that would be the "2 of you know each other already" reveal from earlier in the season that it seems like they all just disregarded?

Judy, how did rehearsal go? Did you knee make it through?

Everyone have a good day and remember: Balance!

I kinda think they are together too...like a couple, if not, they should be! Couldn't stand Ragan...uuuggg, so glad he is gone!!! Can't stand Enzo and will be PISSED if he wins anything. I liked Lane and Brit from the gate ( she is funny as hell)...but even if Hayden gets it...that'd be cool too!

Good evening, Violets..

What a day today. I got up after a wonderful night's sleep. I didn't get up once to go to the bathroom or to be fussy about how I was sleeping and how the knee felt. Unfortunately when I got ready for my therapy session, I realized that I couldn't bend my knee to walk and it was very swollen and painful. I can't tell you how frustrated and depressed I was. I posted something on Facebook yesterday and one of my former Kindergarten students posted about how I had not let her give up learning the alphabet and writing and tying her shoes. That made me cry.

Soooooooo when I went in to therapy today I was already not in a good place. When the therapist asked how I was, I started crying and told her I just couldn't do it. She was very understanding and didn't push me today. We did moderate therapy kinds of things and she didn't tell me the number of the bend today. I knew it wasn't good. We talked about the frustration and she said she was confident that I would make it. I felt awful when I left, but told Bob to open the pool so I could use it when he went golfing. The air temp was 67 and the Water temp was 90. I walked around the inside of the pool, bent my leg on the steps and then tried bending it a different way. I pushed myself and bent it really hard. It didn't hurt like it did in the morning. I really think it helped because I'm walking without pain tonight and have a much better attitude.

I am so hoping to get in the pool again tomorrow and do the same kind of stretching. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain tomorrow, but maybe I can get in in between showers.

I am going to call and postpone my fill appt. until after the trip. I don't want to deal with the knee and alot of restriction when I want to enjoy myself. I might not be able to keep up with you all on your PS adventures, but I'll do my best and will have my percocet in hand!!

Off to watch Bones. We finished watching all of the X-Files so we have graduated to Season 1 of Bones.

Everyone have a good evening and weekend.

Sorry to hear about your morning Judy....maybe you can pop in the pool before your therapy; sounds like it "warms" you up and loosens you.

You ARE the PS adventures...you won't slow us down a bit. No expectations! Glad you are not getting a fill...we will HAVE to go to In and Out Burger once! We can freeze a couple for Juan (I am sure he'll eat them fine).

Came home, got in the pool and got the hell out...tooo cool for me! but I sat on the edge watched susanne swim and we had a beer!

LOOONGGGG week and it was nice to "unwind" together. We had the Hackbraten leftovers and I asked her to make it for when ya'll are here!

xoxooxox

Michelle, I want to be taller!!!!!!!!!

Pam, I sent you my itinerary.

Kind of slow at both jobs today.

Busy at main work tomorrow, work by myself, but it things get tough, I am not answering the phone if it is not my customer.

Okay better get to bed, long day tomorrow. Why am I purple???