Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

See Bob, I am an overachiever, if one is good every day is better!

Stacie-- Nice new pics on facebook! And I don't have any port pain either. However it does stick out.

I have decided that I am through trying to lose weight. I went shopping yesterday and I was nervous to try on a pair of size 6 Levi's because I knew if they didn't fit I would get my feelings hurt but I went ahead and they were too big. So I got a pair of 4's and they fit perfectly! I had no idea I could wear a size 4 so I think that is small enough so I am going to declare myself at goal and start maintaining here. I am not interested in being a 2. Here is a picture of me in my new pants.

[ATTACH]19964[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]19965[/ATTACH]

Leigha--Jeez, girl! Like Denise said, NOW we know who is losing all the weight LOL! I reaallly think you look great and I agree with your decision to be done and focus on maintenance. I know a lot of us here long for someone to tell us that we're too skinny, but this really looks like a good weight for you. Size 4 --holy crap!!!!! A-mazing, just amazing!

Denise--glad the sodium, msg, Water from the PF Changs wore off. I guess for those of us getting closer to goal, it is actually harder because you feel like you can indulge once in awhile...hence...my whereabouts....

So, in addition to not exercising for 3 weeks :( (other than my 5 day per week 1 mile walk to and from the train), I went down the shore for a long weekend with my family. My eating wasn't out of whack (too bad), but it was the drinking. I had a few Smirnoff raspberries and a couple glasses of wine. Of course I gained 2 stinking pounds!!! I was doing AWESOME--got into freaking size 10 jeans at Express and honestly feeling like i could go the distance and maybe get into an 8. I was looking at some recent pics of me and I don't know if it is the way I'm posed or what, but I feel like I'm not looking all that hot lately. I need to get my $hit together and get to a support meeting before I REALLY fall off the wagon. So for the first time (and this is so hard to admit) I have gained weight and worse, I am back in the 160's when I was so celebrating that 150's victory. I refuse to change my ticker because I am determined to get some exercise in this week. I meant to get up early this morning and do it before work, but I couldn't get up. Summer is so tough, especially with younger ones. I need to just stop making excuses though and get my ass in gear.

Bob--wow, you are really doing great! I'm glad you're not stressing. You are making your milestones at your own pace and that's what's important.

Stacie--my port actually does get sore on occasion (moreso lately--don't know why), but I never feel the ripping or tugging you mention. Is it constant?

So, just when I start thinking I'm looking pretty damn good life slaps me upside the head. My first patient this morning, who has known me for 2.5 years, walked up and asked when my little one was due....uh, err, uhhh, umm...yeah. He meant no harm, but, well, DAMN.

Christie, were you lucky enough to be able to give him any injections or draw blood?

Karen, Thanks! To be honest, if I never lost another pound; my competitive side would be a little disappointed but the rest of me is happy with what I have accomplished.

Oh Elfie, I am so sorry for your loss! I have to agree with Karen and commend you on getting rid of the ice cream. I'd have finished it off, too. You do need to go through the grieving process.

Stacie, soy gets me every time! Salt doesn't do it, but something about soy sauce bloats me like crazy for a couple of days.

Karen, this too, shall pass. You had a great weekend, now get back on track! You can do it!

Christie, I have been asked that before. It really stings! Must totally sting now, after losing so much! It's all Steve's fault, leave it to a guy!

I got the results of my Upper GI in the mail today. All is right with the world. My DH did laugh at the line that says I have a "tiny" pouch created by the band. He said it isn't so tiny right now! DOH! :)

No hiatal hernia, no reflux, no esophageal problems.

Now I just have to find time to call my surgeon's office to schedule the fill. I am still playing catch up at work from being gone. Tomorrow I am facilitating a meeting. Hopefully I can grab a few minutes!

(((Elfie)))-I am so sorry for your loss! You definitly need time to grieve. That was part of your family.

Karen-It's not constant...just if I sit for a while when I go to get up it will feel like it's really pulling or ripping and then when it does start to act up it will do it for like a week. Then if I don't sit for too long it could be weeks before it happens again.

Denise-glad to hear your results were normal and you can go for your fill!

Hopefully this worked and you can see a before (but not really before because I was heavier just refused to allow pictures of me) and after...taken last weekend. Look out size 4...here I come (hahaha well..slowly anyways)

post-280932-13813139515082_thumb.jpg

post-280932-13813139515413_thumb.jpg

Edited by chickadee81

Bob, no, however, I've started growing out my nails in anticipation of his next prostate exam :)

Bob, no, however, I've started growing out my nails in anticipation of his next prostate exam :)

:):lol::w00t::lol::blush::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bob, no, however, I've started growing out my nails in anticipation of his next prostate exam :blush:

Ouch! :):w00t:

Ok. Fill Tuesday at 10:45am! Woohoo!

:):thumbup: LOVE IT!

Hello everyone, I came across this thread couple of days ago and been making my way through it reading all your inspring stories and helpful tips. This forum has made my journey so much easier. I was banded on July 19th & feeling really good. Waiting to get my 1st fill on Aug 31st.

A bit about myself. Im 46, single and mom of 2 girls (terriers) the 4 legged kind. I live in Sunny California, borderline Los Angeles and South Pasadena. Ive struggled with overweight since I was 3...thats when my inner thighs decided 2become conjoined twins. I did lose 100 lbs on Lindora back in 1996 and kept it off for 10 yrs then life thru a curve ball . Had been juggling the notion of getting banded since Nov of 2009 & now here I am on this journey with all of you & hoping for the success so many of you have already achieved & that are well on your way. When I started my journey I told myself to take it 1 day at a time. Wishing to get to know all of you better with time. Enjoying the journey :thumbup: but prepared for the bumps along the way.

PrincessSophie.jpg

I've not been doing so well the past 4 days. My 4 year old dog, Sophie, died last Friday afternoon and I've been spending the last 4 days alternately crying and eating. Ice cream seems to be my 'go to' comfort food. I *know* I shouldn't be eating for comfort but losing my little girl has really knocked my pins out from under me. I feel like I've lost a child. :thumbup:

I'm going to try to do better today. I've dumped the remaining ice cream in the trash. Getting on the scale this morning helped because I was horrified at how much weight a person can gain in 4 days. How come it doesn't come off that fast? Sadly, since my last unfill I do not have any restriction at all so I've been able to eat horrific amounts of food. I'm going to try to do better today.

I haven't been able to do my walk since Friday because I just lose it. Sophie was my walking companion. I tried to walk this morning while it was still cool, but just couldn't do it. Let's face it...I hate to walk at any time and this just makes it worse. Sophie at least made my walks somewhat enjoyable. Now they're just a reminder of her.

Sorry for not commenting on other posts this morning. Just too tired and depressed right now.

Hi Elfie, Im new to this thread but wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I was never able to have children so my 2 terriers are my babies. They are my family. I know how difficult this is for you and you do need to allow yourself time to grieve. Dont be so hard on yourself and take it 1 day at a time. As I have read through these post you have lots of love & support here. 1 of the best things about this forum are the beautiful caring people you meet. We are all here to help each other out during lifes tough times.

PrincessSophie.jpg

I've not been doing so well the past 4 days. My 4 year old dog, Sophie, died last Friday afternoon and I've been spending the last 4 days alternately crying and eating. Ice cream seems to be my 'go to' comfort food. I *know* I shouldn't be eating for comfort but losing my little girl has really knocked my pins out from under me. I feel like I've lost a child. :thumbup:

I'm going to try to do better today. I've dumped the remaining ice cream in the trash. Getting on the scale this morning helped because I was horrified at how much weight a person can gain in 4 days. How come it doesn't come off that fast? Sadly, since my last unfill I do not have any restriction at all so I've been able to eat horrific amounts of food. I'm going to try to do better today.

I haven't been able to do my walk since Friday because I just lose it. Sophie was my walking companion. I tried to walk this morning while it was still cool, but just couldn't do it. Let's face it...I hate to walk at any time and this just makes it worse. Sophie at least made my walks somewhat enjoyable. Now they're just a reminder of her.

Sorry for not commenting on other posts this morning. Just too tired and depressed right now.

Melody,

I overlooked this when you first posted. Perhaps it was subconsciously because I don't know what I'll do when I lose my kids. They are literally the only family I have here.

Congratulations on having the strength to throw out that poison! It is liquor that I turn to in times of trouble and it takes a lot for me to put the bottle down.

As hard as it is, I'd try and replace her immediately. You have to get back into your good habits like walking the dog.

Good luck!

Bob

I want to thank you all for your comfort and support over the loss of my little 'girl'. Today was a particularly bad day as I was packing away some of Sophie's toys, but I didn't wallow in the food. One day at a time...

Welcome Isa Bella!

Thanks for telling us a little about yourself. Just jump on in the thread when you want.