Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Elfie-thinking about you still!

As I was changing into my bathing suit this weekend my son patted me on the belly and said "you've got a nice 8 pack mom"

I think it was a compliment? But then again, I can almost promise he has no idea what a 6 pack is.

As I was changing into my bathing suit this weekend my son patted me on the belly and said "you've got a nice 8 pack mom"

I think it was a compliment? But then again, I can almost promise he has no idea what a 6 pack is.

Awww! That is so sweet, unless he was referring to octuplets!! :(

So I changed my fill appointment to Aug 31 after we return. And now!! I am starving! Of course. Stoopid band!

Also, I hadn't gotten a call from radiology that the CD of my upper GI was done--secondary reason for rescheduling--so I called today..oh yes, it's here!

Doh! Could ya have called me????? Sheesh!

Christie-Sounds like a compliment to me

Denise :frown: Octuplets

I have been tossing around going to college for an Associates in Medical Office Administration with a certificate in Medical Coding. I can't decide if I should or not. I really am not thrilled about my current job right now, but I am very blessed that it pays VERY WELL. With my experience but no degree, if I left my job I would be lucky to only have to take a $5.00 hour pay cut which I can't afford to do. Not to mention work has slowed down soooo much that it worries me if my job will be there for very long. My big worry is can I handle going to work and school both full time (alot of the school will be online through my local community college). I don't have any kids, but even so I really enjoy my time off of work. I could go to school part time, but then it would take 4 years and that just seems like soooo lonnnng. Arg what to do what to do???!!!!???? :(

Oh and it doesn't help that stupid financial aid just looks at what you make and NOT what your bills are too! :(:cursing::frown::cursing::cursing::cursing: so I only qualify for an unsubsidized student loan. Don't they realize if I didn't NEED the $$$, I would just quit the job i already don't like!

Christie, Your son sounds like a great kid.

Denise, LOL too funny..... just the thought of octuplets gets my hackels up. Yes, they should have called you to tell you the results were done. Maybe they need to hire a couple people. That's what I tell places instead of complaining.

Stacie, GO TO School!!! Full time, part time, whatever, just do it now. I started college when I was 30 and wished I had been able to do it at a younger age. Anything medical will be good.

Edited by Humming Bird

Ok...I couldn't wait to get home from work to tell you all about my day. The most embarassing band moment yet happened today :smile2: I was at work and the VP of the company came up to my desk and was talking to me. Now wait let me set this up for you...my band has been extremely fickle lately and today was a tight day so I did not eat Breakfast, just a Protein Shake. Anyways he was talking (and talking and talking and talking because he doesn't have an off button). Well, I was sipping Water all morning because of just having the shake I was hungry. I took a small sip with him standing there and it "went down the wrong pipe" and I started coughing (bad enough right?). Well next thing you know, my band (definitly convinced it's a man now...sorry Bob) decides that everything must go in reverse. :):scared2::eek::scared2: :eek::eek::eek: Water comes POURING out of my nose, my mouth...any open hole in my face all over me and my desk and keyboard along with some slime. :blush: Thank God I didn't get any on him. I swear it was more than a cup. MOST embarrassing band moment yet for sure! Also thankfully his aunt had the surgery so he didn't seem totally shocked. I could've just died right then and there. On a brighter note, I found this awesome shirt that hides my rolls and got lots of "you look so skinny today"'s from people and the FedEx guy said I was lookin good. Unfortunatly he is kinda old and creepy, but hey I'll still take it...although I wish it was one of the hot UPS guys instead :thumbup:.

Has anyone heard from Bobbie? I miss her :smile2: She has disappeared from FB too

OMG, that is awful. Feel so sorry for you, you must have wanted the earth to open up and swallow you!

Ok...I couldn't wait to get home from work to tell you all about my day. The most embarassing band moment yet happened today :smile2: I was at work and the VP of the company came up to my desk and was talking to me. Now wait let me set this up for you...my band has been extremely fickle lately and today was a tight day so I did not eat breakfast, just a Protein Shake. Anyways he was talking (and talking and talking and talking because he doesn't have an off button). Well, I was sipping Water all morning because of just having the shake I was hungry. I took a small sip with him standing there and it "went down the wrong pipe" and I started coughing (bad enough right?). Well next thing you know, my band (definitly convinced it's a man now...sorry Bob) decides that everything must go in reverse. :):scared2::eek::scared2: :eek::eek::eek: Water comes POURING out of my nose, my mouth...any open hole in my face all over me and my desk and keyboard along with some slime. :blush: Thank God I didn't get any on him. I swear it was more than a cup. MOST embarrassing band moment yet for sure! Also thankfully his aunt had the surgery so he didn't seem totally shocked. I could've just died right then and there. On a brighter note, I found this awesome shirt that hides my rolls and got lots of "you look so skinny today"'s from people and the FedEx guy said I was lookin good. Unfortunatly he is kinda old and creepy, but hey I'll still take it...although I wish it was one of the hot UPS guys instead :thumbup:.

OMG! Ive heard things like this happen but to think this was just with water? Hope you did not irritate things to much. Hey, at least your looking good girl :eek: starting to turn heads:lol:

Stacie, A classic Bandster moment. priceless.

Bobbie, where ya been? I miss what you say.

Anne, where ya been? How are you doing?

Dottie, where ya been? Are you getting around well now? Are the PTs being nice?

Edited by Humming Bird

OMG! Ive heard things like this happen but to think this was just with Water? Hope you did not irritate things to much. Hey, at least your looking good girl :eek: starting to turn heads:lol:

Thanks...but I'm not irritated at all. I was just choking on the water "going down the wrong pipe" (I don't know why they call it that...is it really going down the wrong pipe?) and in the process of coughing I guess the band decided to push everything into reverse :smile2: I can laugh about it now :) Man that really must have been a sight. Good thing I didn't eat any split pea soup...then they could call me Regan!

Oh, Stacie, that is hysterical!! Sorry for laughing at your expense!!! Thanks for sharing.

I got stuck during lunch with a bunch of managers I was facilitating. Fortunately, I made it to the bathroom and no one was in there when I urped. I could not imagine the mortification if any had been witness to the event!

They all know of my surgery, but would not want to prove it.

As to school? Do it! You can never regret having education.

Case in point...I had been happily controlling air traffic for about 19 years when the FAA announced it was going to study the possibility of privatizing about 3000 jobs, mine included. Also realizing that I had very few skills that would transfer to the real world, and that competition would be fierce, I went back to school and studied Business Office Technology. I was figuring it to be reverse psychology, if I went to school, then the privatization would not come to pass.

Well, a couple years later, it did. Air Traffic jobs were few and far between. We were given priority selection for administrative jobs, but only if we were found "well qualified" for the positions. So, because I had gone to school and gotten certificates, I was able to bid on admististrative jobs and be found well qualified. Otherwise, I could well have been out on the street, with no job, no health insurance, and no more hope of a retirement I'd invested 21 years of my life in.

I enjoyed my time off as well, but it was an investment in my future, and something I felt I HAD to do. About 2000 people lost their jobs. Many were able to retire, but some lost everything. Some were just days away from being eligible to retire.

Take care of yourself and be ready for anything!

Hi guys! Long time no talk!! I have been working on the nightmare project from hell and have had a bad couple of weeks! I wanted to just check in and tell you guys that I miss you all so much! I have to catch up on all the posts but wanted to at least say hi and let you all know I'm thinking of you and missing you!!!

I posted this all over my FB groups, but I figured I would share with you all too. This is a link to my fave blog. She is a bypass patient, but she has sooooo many recipes, different shake ideas, and even Protein ice cream and other desserts! Right now she is having a contest/giveaway (she does this about once a month with different things) for Torani SF syrups. Hope some of you enjoy it as much as I do! :thumbup:

"http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/"