Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Stacie, love the pics! You look great!

Leigha, you are one hot mama! So proud of you!

Christie, you are snarky and I like it! :)

Melody, I'm so very sorry for your great loss. Thinking of you.

Karen, I feel like we're on the South Jersey Frustration Express. I relate to so much of what you're saying. You are doing so well, and little road bumps present themselves just to keep us from getting complacent. :) That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I'm at 50% today! My fifth fill (two weeks ago) feels like it's kicking in (yay!), and now I have to really battle the demons of liquid calories. Trying to stick to my diet Decaf 4C iced tea powder in Water and that's it! Dunkin' Donuts Coolatas and tasty custard stand milkshakes be damned! I'm trying to balance the stress of my summer (seems like life never stands still, never a break from a new happening to deal with) and my food choices. Seeing 157 on the scale today sure did help to motivate me to keep up the good fight!

And some NSVs -- the bathing suit I got in June is reaching the end of its usefulness! The bottoms try to fall off when I'm in the ocean waves (!!), and the whole suit is just otherwise too stretchy! Also, I went to Clementon Park (amusement park) last weekend. This was the site of my "Holy Crap, I'm fat!" realization last summer. It was nice to go on the rides this summer, forty pounds lighter. :thumbup:

Edited by sawyer77
typo!

I been away so long!! My new job is kicking my butt--I do not have time to get at everyone, but wanted to say hang in their Melody and Leigha--you are so fab--you totally can stop!!

In general I am with Karen and others who are off track a little We can do this--just a little stumble right? With the new promotion, the long hours and on-the-go eating was killing me--I gained 8lbs over the last month--I got my but in gear Saturday (first time I even had time to weigh!!!!). I already this week have lost them--had to go cold turkey--shakes and one low carb meal! I get a fill today for Phil as he has I have NO restriction--can eat anything!!

Congrats on others loses and NSV's:thumbup: Go to go--another meeting!!!:)

Really down after my doctor visit. I had lost 8lbs (my scale must be way off!) but I told my doctor I know I need a fill and he agreed! Well as usual he had a hard time accessing my port, but this time was really hard--the bad news is my port has flipped and I have to have port revision surgery. So Phil left the doctor's empty again and now will not get him a "drink" (fill) for some time. :)

Isa Bella, welcome!! Join in any time.

Sawyer, great NSVs!

When I was traveling to FL this month, it was great to sit in the airline seat and not be crammed in it. I had room to spare against the arm rests! So cool.

Shad, that Phil is a P-I-T-A! He totally deserved a male name, just like Christie's Steve! :)

So, when I scheduled my fill for Tuesday, they asked if I had gotten the CD of my Upper GI...uh, did you tell me I was supposed to get the CD of my Upper GI? I don't think so! So, then I had to call and request it, and get stuck on hold, and hope it gets done in time! Sheesh.

Oh Shad, that sucks. I am so sorry!! How soon will you be able to get 'er done?

I love Steve and Steve loves me. He is my best friend and has my back at all times. I have nothing bad to say about my dear Steve. (I say this because I'm fairly sure he has learned to read and when I say bad things about him gets his feelings hurt and then gets even).

Oh yes, I love you dear steve.

Oh Shad, that sucks. I am so sorry!! How soon will you be able to get 'er done?

I love Steve and Steve loves me. He is my best friend and has my back at all times. I have nothing bad to say about my dear Steve. (I say this because I'm fairly sure he has learned to read and when I say bad things about him gets his feelings hurt and then gets even).

Oh yes, I love you dear steve.

I am having visions of that Twilight Zone episode with the boy (Billy Mumy) who sends people to the corn field or turns them into jack-in-the-boxes if he doesn't like them. "It's a good thing, Anthony, ain't it a good thing?"

Hee hee!

I am having visions of that Twilight Zone episode with the boy (Billy Mumy) who sends people to the corn field or turns them into jack-in-the-boxes if he doesn't like them. "It's a good thing, Anthony, ain't it a good thing?"

Hee hee!

I wished I was like him and could take my sister's mouth away. She wouldn't be such a bitch if she didn't open her mouth. :)

Hee hee!

OMG lol I swear anytime I turn on the reruns of that show THIS is the episode that's on! :) He was a creepy little boy...hmmm..I still don't have a name for mine...possibly Anthony lol

Jacki-thanks!

Shad-Hoping life slows down for you and that you can get Phil fixed soon! What do they have to do to fix a flipped port anyways?

OMG lol I swear anytime I turn on the reruns of that show THIS is the episode that's on! :) He was a creepy little boy...hmmm..I still don't have a name for mine...possibly Anthony lol

Jacki-thanks!

Shad-Hoping life slows down for you and that you can get Phil fixed soon! What do they have to do to fix a flipped port anyways?

Basically I have to have surgery where he will go in and put it somewhere more accessible.

They have to get insurance approval and then I can schedule the surgery. :)

Trying to think postive--and least the band it is okay and the surgery will be pretty quick and no more painful fills. I joined a new gym because I need to stay on track!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Edited by shadst8

Ok, here comes a strange complaint....

Stoopid Freakin' Fickle Foofing Band!

So, this past week, after I got the Upper GI and the appointment for a fill. My band has had more restriction than I have had for the past several months. WHY???

Got on the scale this morning, I am down a pound. Now only up 3 from my all time post-banding low, when I was so sick back in April.

Week after next we are going away on our annual vacation to the Central California Coast. We'll be gone the entire week. It's about a 6 hour drive and we are taking our motorhome and towing the truck behind.

So, y'all know my quandry....do I proceed with the fill on Tuesday???? My appointment is in the morning.

I figure it gives me several days to know if I am too tight. Last time I was too tight, I knew it the next day, but fought it hoping it would calm down. My surgeon is awesome about getting me in right away if I have a problem.

I haven't gotten stuck since June, when I was eating a veggie burger on a bun and not paying attention. Took too big a bite...and whammo. Right now, I can eat everything, even had chicken breast last weekend with no troubles. bread? No worries. Could probably do a bagel, but haven't tried.

Input, folks? What y'all think?

If you don't get the fill the worst case scenario is it takes you an extra 3 weeks to get to goal.

If you get the fill and become too tight after you leave you could be on liquids during your vacation.

I would wait until I got back.

If you don't get the fill the worst case scenario is it takes you an extra 3 weeks to get to goal.

If you get the fill and become too tight after you leave you could be on liquids during your vacation.

I would wait until I got back.

Thanks Leigha!

You know that is the advice I would give someone who asked on here :)

I still haven't gotten the CD of the Upper GI, either. So, I might just go ahead and postpone until after we get back.

Or I could do Bob's liquid diet while on vacation! We also eat a lot of clam chowder and chili while on this trip. Oh, and BBQ pork sandwiches that I eat the pork and skip the bread! So it is generally a band friendly trip.

Urgh! I hate these decisions!

If you end up too tight the pork may be a no go, but the chowder and chili might work.

Does your doc have you drink Water at the fill or do it under fluro? If he has you drink water, maybe take a Protein Shake instead of water? Or just get the fill when you get back.

He has me drink Water, but no fluro.

Am thinking that waiting is the best choice. It's been a year since my last fill. Another week will not make a huge difference!

Just a pain to reschedule, but I should have thought of it before I made the appointment.

I can be such a dork sometimes! :)

Edited by Cocoabean

Well I guess I am going to schedule a trip to Dallas to loosen my band, my last fill was in April but the Stomach Nazi has proceeded to get tighter and tighter to the point I am having to eat extremely slow. I need to eat 1200 calories the day before I work out and it took almost 2 hours to do that Thursday night and last night I just gave up and quit eating. But I am thinking just a .1 or .2 will do.

Its official I have to stay at this size. My aunt send me 27 pairs of jeans that fit me. (1 was too small, 2 were not attractive on me and 13 pair were too big so I gave them to my sister) She is sending tops next week. She loves to shop and buys really great brands so they are all nice and practically brand new. I have never owned this many clothes in my life. I could go a month without washing clothes. :cursing:

post-281008-13813139521078_thumb.jpg