Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Stoopid freaking hormones. I haven't had any problems at all, in fact if anything eating too much too easily until this week and now that mother nature is creeping up on me I'm all tight and stuggling again. I may have to do a week of mushies/liquids every month.

Grumble, grumble, grumble, whine.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY! Definitly feeling it! And it doesn't help that I will retain so much Water that I will gain like 3lbs (even though they will fall off) even though I will barely eat :biggrin::cursing::thumbup::cursing:

Note to self...even with a loose band do NOT, I repeat NOT, try to eat a yummy, fresh, moist, gooey, frosted cinnamon roll at 8am. Very bad idea. Came up in the shape of a perfect cork. First time since June that I have gotten stuck...just three days before my fill. Yeah, that was a good decision.

I sure do wish they could band our brains!

We are heading home today. Will arrive tomorrow. Overall did fine food wise, until this morning.

HB...I see the dentist Monday. Got a lecture for skipping a cleaning, deserved it. Hubby chased down a gum stimulator for me. The local office didn't know what to charge for it a la carte. Guess not too many people walk in off the street looking to score one! :)

Edited by Cocoabean

Hello everyone--trying to catch up. I am doing okay. No pain with the flipped port. Just a twinge every now and then. For the first time, I am at a plateau I guess--no weight loss in about 3 weeks, but I am okay. Until I get the port thing fixed on September 28th, I am not really worried about weight loss. I have been going to the gym and working out harder, so it could be muscle. I will get my focus after the port thing, until then I guess I am like Christie on the weightloss sabbatical--I still haven't totally gorged out, just not in full mode like weighing my food, journaling, and counting every calorie. Just watching what I eat so not to get off track. Probably not going to meet the Labor Day challenge, but I am cool.

Congrats on the NSV's

Hi, guys--it's been a long time..I'm really sorry. Life kicked my ass in May, and I have been a mess---just feeling as though I don't have much positive to contribute. But I decided I do--even if the man who is likely to soon be my ex-husband is intent on having me believe otherwise.

(Yes, that's what's been going on. Infidelity, followed by a not-very-surprising diagnosis of personality disorder. I've had to reframe everything about my life...what I thought was true was not, and my dreams are now, well, shattered. We are still living in the same house; he lost his job soon after I found out. So I am working hard to figure out how to support myself---even in the unlikely event we do reconcile, I don't ever want to feel as trapped as I do now. And if we do divorce, I don't want to rely on support from him that he very likely won't be able to provide.)

Right now, I've hit the angry stage--which is good. It's lots more productive than the feel-like-I'm-dying-every-minute-of-the-day stage....I am working toward goals (I never stopped working my band--that kept me healthy enough to withstand the emotional blow), I am reevaluating things, and so on.

It sucks--but I think I am reaching the point where I am not interpreting that as, "YOU suck, Betsy."

Still, it's rough....but I think I'm ready to be encouraging and positive and....well, part of the gang again, if you'll have me.

Oh Betsy, so sorry to hear that! We are here for you. You are such a strong person. You don't deserve it, that is for sure.

You'll be in my thoughts, as you often are. Keep up the good, positive work.

Betsy, I'm glad your back, I have been wondering about you. It sucks sometimes to find out someone is different than you thought. My husband says my biggest fault is that I expect other people to act like I do, and when they do things that I wouldn't do it really hurts me.

Please don't worry about taking care of yourself, you are so smart, taking care of yourself financially will be no problem, just keep your eyes open, an opportunity will present itself shortly. People are always looking for someone who smart and capable to help them.

You are always welcome here, LBT would really suck without you.

Sorry to hear that you are going through that. The loss or potential loss of a long tern relationship is devastating. But you will get through it.

In the meantime it is good that you are still focusing on yourself and your needs. Lots of people neglect to do that to their own detriment.

All the best.

((((Betsy))))-So sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you. I am so proud of you for taking care of yourself this whole time. I am sure that not everyone would have (me included) and would have fallen back into old habits. With as smart and wonderful and resourcful as you are, I am sure you are bound to figure out how to make yourself un-stuck in your current situation. I am thinking about you as I often think about all of you!

Denise-how did the dentist go?

Shad-YAY...your port flip is not too far away! IMHO no weight loss in 3 weeks when you need a fill and can't get one is still awesome! And I NEVER weigh, count, or journal. It's too much like a diet that I am sure I would sabotage myself. I would do it if I was not losing and not needing a fill, but until that day comes for me....no paper needs involved lol.

The good news is, it's not the tooth. The bad news is, it's not the tooth. Dentist looked it over said it's all inflamed, took an x-ray and referred me to a periodontist. They got me in today, have another hour to wait. My checkbook is already feeling the pain. $87.30 to be told it isn't the tooth. Can't wait to hear the next total. No insurance....wah

The great news? My niece is in labor! Grand-nephew Landon should arrive soon! :cursing: she is having a tougher day than I.

Oh Betsy, I'm so sorry. I am very glad to hear your mad. Sometimes anger is a good thing. Definitely more productive than blaming yourself and feeling like crap when you aren't the one who can't keep your pants on. And kudos on keeping up the weight loss!

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger right????!!!???

Thank you everyone :cursing:

Yes, what does not kill me will make me stronger. (And therefore I will be better-equipped to kill others who might deserve it LOL)

Denise, I'm sorry you're battling the dentist demon---I hope there's a good solution that doesn't cost a fortune.

Betsy, I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a rough time. You have the best attitude about it that anyone could have. I have an e-mail that I have saved over the years for just this type of situation. I'll find it and paste it here. I always love hearing what you say here, so keep on posting when you feel like it.

Mountain Stream

Picture yourself near a stream.

Birds are softly chirping in the crisp cool mountain air.

Nothing can bother you here.

You are in total seclusion from that place called "the world".

The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of

serenity.

The Water is clear.

You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you're holding

under the water.

Look. It's the person who caused you all this stress in the first place.

What a pleasant surprise. You let them up... just for a quick breath...

then

plop!....back under they go...

You allow yourself as many deep breaths as you want.

There now.....feeling better?

Hi, all.

Welcome back Shamma and Betsy.

You are too good of a person Betsy to have to go through this. I am a shit and sometimes feel guilty that I am at such a good point in my life while others that deserve better are suffering.

I had my first consultation with a butcher (plastic surgeon) yesterday and got great news. I was quoted $4,870 total out of pocket for my pannulectomy when I was expecting $9,000-$16,000.

I'm still shopping around and am going to see another next week.

Oh betsy that is realy a drag what you are going through. You ar so strong and smart and as you said yourself a great rule follower. Why do some men have to be such JERKS? You deserve to be treated so so much better. We will all be here for you. You give great advice to all of us on our bands. Now maybe we can help you with your stuff.

Sending you Love and Light

xxoo