Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Denise: Ouch on the 'graft' spot and take it easy on salty stuff. Then again, didn't they used to rub salt into the sailors backs after whipping them raw (as a way of healing?)? I know...TMI and no help <bg>

Dottie: LOL on the babies in diapers analogy but I'm one of those who'd rather wait until one was out before dealing with another <g>

Well I went to my first (and last) Tae Kwan Do class tonight. It's just a little more confrontational than I want. I think I need to find a Tai Chi class. ;-p

Dottie-I think I'm joining the "just get it over" crowd. I think I'd want to get everything done, focus on healing then come back 100%, well, okay, 98%, but ready to focus on the diet/exercise/weight loss portion of your journey....but then I've always HATED waiting.

I had an interesting hiccuping incident today. I've always had violent hiccups, the kind that shake your whole body and give you a raging headache but since I've been banded my hiccups are frequently painful (not always) but for the most part I hiccup 5-10 times and I'm done. I've also noticed when I'm more restricted I hiccup more. I had one of those bad band days today. Woke up not hungry (snotty) ate a little late morning but just felt pressury from it, drinking fine though. This afternoon I got a massive case of the hiccups that went on for almost 30 minutes. Incredibly painful and everytime I hiccupped I felt like I was going to throw up so I was pacing the halls by the employee restroom contemplating reaching in, grabbing Steve, and ripping him out with my bare hands when suddenly the damn things stopped....and the pressure went away, and I was instantly starving for the first time all day....best I can figure something was stuck (semi-stuck?) and irritating "things" and the hiccups finally pushed it through. I've been fine since, no pressure, discomfort, anything. (my co-workers think I'm a freak and one of my supervising physicians was convinced I was dying)

Just another one of those freakish band moments (but hey, at least I'm not hurling in bushes!!!!)

Just another one of those freakish band moments (but hey, at least I'm not hurling in bushes!!!!)

:unsure::lol::crying::lol:Sorry to laugh at your expense Denise...but I really did LOL when I read this. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Christie-I HATE HICCUPS! I always had really violent ones too and just like you when I get them now (more frequent also) I feel like my stomach is going to come out of my throat!

Dottie-I have 0 patience (maybe a good thing I don't have kids) so I would want to get it all done and over with...but I am positive you will make the right/best decision for you!

Melody-wow Tae Kwon Do! Don't feel bad...I don't think it would be my thing either...I'm waiting for Just Dance 2 to come out next month for my Wii!!!

I'm still having problems! Stuff was fine for a little while, but now I just keep burping and everything comes up to the top of my throat when I do and then goes back down....SO ANNOYING! It's been a few days. Maybe I should try a few days of liquids & sliders. Tweaked something???? Any thoughts?

I forgot to tell you all that I am having problems with low blood pressure now. I haven't seen my PCP yet, but I keep getting dizzy & foggy headed with floaters in front of my eyes. I always had good blood pressure...never high even pre-op. Now when I take it, it is always around 82/51. I've never passed out or felt like I was going to, but the dizziness and fogginess is getting to me! I can't even begin to imagine what you went through Denise because this is bugging me and I know you had it soooo much worse!

Ow! Christie, you made me laugh! Wah!

Stacie, low BP sucks don't it? And they won't do anything for it, soy sauce, girl! Drink, drink, drink, fliuds are your friend, and be very careful when stading up!

Melody, I have a black belt in karate, but don't practice now, too old, too slow, tai chi much better!

Christie: I feel your pain but you may be right about something being stuck. 'Hurling in the bushes?? Sounds like you're lucky you weren't hurling in the hall! LOL.

Stacie: Sounds like your band is tight. The idea to go back to liquids and/or sliders might be a smart choice. It's been cool here for the last couple of weeks so I've been 'sliding' away with Soup for my main meal. Goes down easy, nourishing *and* filling. Have you talked to your doc about your low BP? That's nothing to mess with. It's just as bad as high BP!

Denise: Yeah...I'm thinking Tai Chi is the way to go. It looks graceful and calming and right now I need something to help with stress.

Since I can't sleep, guess I'll go pack customer's orders. Then at least I won't feel guilty when I need my afternoon nap. Oops...just heard my husband yelp. Beelz (our 3 month old kitten) is apparently bouncing around on the bed. He should be thankful. Usually he's trying to eat our feet that move under the covers. ;-p

Melody

Stacie: Sounds like your band is tight. The idea to go back to liquids and/or sliders might be a smart choice. It's been cool here for the last couple of weeks so I've been 'sliding' away with Soup for my main meal. Goes down easy, nourishing *and* filling. Have you talked to your doc about your low BP? That's nothing to mess with. It's just as bad as high BP!

Melody

Melody-I actually just had a slight unfill a week or 2 ago. Things were going great after that until I ate too much this past weekend. I didn't get sick or PB, but ever since then have felt like this (damn my brain...I knew I should have stopped, but it was soooo yummy). It almost makes me wonder if there is something that still hasn't gone down yet.

Melody-I actually just had a slight unfill a week or 2 ago. Things were going great after that until I ate too much this past weekend. I didn't get sick or PB, but ever since then have felt like this (damn my brain...I knew I should have stopped, but it was soooo yummy). It almost makes me wonder if there is something that still hasn't gone down yet.

Just a guess but I'd think it's more likely that you are a bit swollen but in any case I'd take it easy on what you eat for a few days. Feel better!

Melody

I...am almost afraid to type out these words.... I lost a pound last week. Then I lost another pound the first half of this week. Maybe? Perhaps? The never ending plateau is coming to an end? Maybe? Oh please, oh please, oh please let it be!

Christie-I don't want to jinx it ....but CONGRATS!!!!! :wub::w00t:

Wanted to share this pic that my sister put on FB. It's of my nephews 10th b-day in March 2009. When I saw it on the computer, I was mortified. I didn't let people take pics of me, so in my own warped mind I was never that big. Even my hubs said he knew I lost weight, but seeing me everyday he really didn't realize how much of a transition I've had until he saw this pic.

post-280932-13813139590837_thumb.jpg

Christie-I don't want to jinx it ....but CONGRATS!!!!! :alien::w00t:

Wanted to share this pic that my sister put on FB. It's of my nephews 10th b-day in March 2009. When I saw it on the computer, I was mortified. I didn't let people take pics of me, so in my own warped mind I was never that big. Even my hubs said he knew I lost weight, but seeing me everyday he really didn't realize how much of a transition I've had until he saw this pic.

Damn gurl, you look GOOD!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!:wub:

Congratulations, Christie! A pound is a pound!

I know what you mean about not realizing you ever looked 'that big'. I was sorting through some digital pictures last night from two years ago and I was horrified. I had no idea I was ever 'that big'! However, I also know that was only 35 pounds ago and it has really motivated me to actually diet and not just watch what I eat because I'm still 'that big' in the sense that I still have about 100 pounds (or a little less) to lose. I know in another 30 pounds I'll look back at pics of me now and be horrified.

Melody

Paranoia is setting in. Everytime I pop back in here, people disappear. Really...I showered this morning!

Come out, come out wherever you are!

Melody

Hi all, :thumbup:

I read this thread daily, but sometimes just have nothing to say. I am pretty much just coasting along with the band.

I did have a hurling in the bushes episode last Sunday. I was taking my grandson home after having him for the weekend. We went out to eat before we took him home. I had some very yummy Soup at Chilis. When I walked in my son's kitchen he was cooking some crab & cream cheese won tons. He had found a new recipe and wanted me to try one. I told him I didn't know if my stomach could handle it and said, " cut one in half for me." I ate the 1/2 won ton and chewed very well. It tasted very good.....yum. We got about a block down the road and the sternum pain began.:scared2:

I tried to burp, but things just kept getting worse. Those 2 bites put me over my full level. I thought I was going to have to pull over on this dark winding mountain road and let my husband drive. About a mile from the house the pain was so bad my eyes started to tear up. I thought I could make it home and run to the bathroom and throw up. Well, I didn't make it. I had to pull over 2 streets away from mine and hurl. Bummer, there went my dinner and everything. I felt great after that and figured I should have just pulled over and got it over with about 30 mins. earlier.

After reading all the posts about people missing Pasta I tried some spaghetti squash last night. I remembered I liked it when I was a kid. I don't miss Pasta becasuse I never really ate it that much. It tasted good and my stomach did well with it. I could easily use it as pasta. I put some in little containers for the freezer. Next time I make sphegetti for my husband and grandson I will heat up the spaghetti squash and try it with some sauce.

Edited by Humming Bird

Good morning everyone. I am like Crystl, I read everyday but I really don't have anything important to add, I am staying between 132 and 135. I had one day that I was 137 on a Monday but I knew that I had not eaten enough to gain 2 pounds so I just ignored it and was back to 134 two days later.

I have gone back to drinking wine and I haven't exercised in a week, my life has been very stressful for the last week or so. But my eating is good, since I had the .2 unfill I can eat anything, so I have started eating a bagel thin with my Breakfast. I have been canning and I canned some blueberry butter so for the last few days I have been having a bagel thin with a fried egg and blueberry butter for Breakfast. It fits in my calorie budget so I am happy about that.

I have decided to become a food snob and only eat foods that are fresh, frozen or canned by me. (With the occasional restaurant meal) I canned some Peruvian Beans that are really good and I am going to make some different relishes and sauces to put on meats to add variety to our dinners. I will post some pics when I do.

Tomorrow is the jailbreak race that my son, his girlfriend and I are going to run. 3.8 miles through mud, over obstacles, and through mazes. I hope I am able to finish, I am starting to get nervous.

Well I better get ready for work, its time to make the donuts.