Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Welcome to band Elfie. I feel your pain! After voluntary unfill #1 followed by emergency unfil #2, I have not lost a thing, but consider it a great success that I haven't gained anything either. Plus, I've been a lazy slug so I don't particularly deserve to lose anything recently. So congrats on the NSV and on not gaining!

Denise, ewww, ewww, and ewww, but congrats ont he unexpected funds, woohoo!

My son's first soccer game of the season was this morning. After standing in the rain for 45 minutes and getting miserably soggy, we had 2 players and no one from the other team showed up so home we came. Yuck! Now I'm sitting here watching the grass grow, I swear you can actually see it it's growing so fast since it rained, and thinking "crap, now I have to mow again".

Aw Denise. I am so sorry you're going through all this and yes, it does suck to not lose weight or gain when all you can eat is liquids or mushies! I know that just cuz it's a liquid or mushie does not mean it's necessarily low calorie, but my head says they should be!

Feel better!

Melody

I swear you can actually see it it's growing so fast since it rained, and thinking "crap, now I have to mow again".

Same here. It's been raining all day and I know this means I'll have to mow on Monday. Now you'd think I wouldn't have a problem with that since it's a riding mower, but I still hate to mow. ;-p

Oh crud. My left shoulder pain is back. I certainly haven't missed *that* over the last 7 weeks. Guess the answer is to lose weight fast so it'll stop rubbing on my diaphragm.

Melody-so sorry that you have been going through so much! Congrats on the fill and for keeping the weight steady in the meantime! Oh and congrats on your new baby kitty. Cats are my favorite and I will always have at least one (yes I am a crazy cat lady). We have 2 right now & I would have more, but I think my husband might divorce me if I did lol. He already complains about "tumbleweeds" of cat hair.< /span>

Denise-:tongue2: feel better

Christie-that stinks about your son's first game! Our grass needs cut horribly too

Leigha-glad LBT has decided to let you talk again :thumbup:

Me-As of this morning...I am 0.8lbs away from being just "OVERWEIGHT" :party:I'm going to the mall today!!!! hehehehe

Yay Stacie! Getting off Obese Island is awesome. Buy something great!

Melody, you are soooo right that liquid and mushie are not always low-cal. I also had the realization that due to all the pain killers I've been plugged up. So I am confident all will be right with the world as I heal up.

Christie, I just wish the money were mine! Or that I at least got a finder's fee. It was in the budget at work. But since I work for the federal govt, it is my money, and your money! :-) but it did feel good to free it up for other uses. Yay me!

Thanks to all for telling me not to feel "shame". It's amazing how much shame we all face with our weight problems. Melody-sorry to here about your loss. They were very worried about that with my knee surgery. I had to go on cumidin (sp) afterwards due to swelling in my leg. They watched me like a hawk. I had to go to the doctors every three days for 2 months. I'm glad you didn't kill the kitty...she/he may become your best friend...who knows? Praying for you to find a good job. Denise..my thoughts are with you and am praying for a speedy recovery...I went back to the knee surgeon and he says I'm ready to do the other knee. He scheduled me for Nov. 2nd. I'm hesitant because I'm just getting good restriction back now and then they will have to go and empty my band again :thumbup:. I might wait until after the holidays just to lose the weight I gained. And my daughter (who is a big help) will be on winter break...I don't know what to do...what to you all think I should do. The only reason I would want to get this done and over with is that by next Sept. I want to return to work...fully recovered. I am a school teacher. I've been on disability for about 2 years now and am anxious to get back in the classroom. I already have a job waiting for me...I just need the other surgery done. Let me know what you think..please. Stacie, I'm a cat lady too. but down to one kitty at the moment. My husband also would divorce me if I got another one...but I love kitties. They are so sweet...well most of them. Anyways, I'm off to the YMCA to work on cardio..Lots of love, Dottie

Dottie,

If you wait until after the holidays, will that give you time enough to recuperate before next fall? If so, I'd be tempted to wait for the other knee surgery (assuming you aren't in a lot of pain with the knee now) and keep losing weight. I'd think recovery from surgery would go better with less weight on the knee, yes?

Melody

Dottie, thanks for the good wishes. If it were me, I'd do the surgery sooner than later.

I'd want it over with for one thing. Also, why go through the agony of finding your sweet spot only to lose it again? We know that yo-yo dieting isn't good for us, and this is no different. Each time we lose weight, we lose lean muscle. Why go through it a second time if you don't need to?

You can go through physical therapy and getting fills back all at the same time. No matter how you do it, it is going to be torture. Why have it hanging over your head if your doctor says you are ready?

There's my two cents. You will make the decision that is right for you, and we will be here to help you with support when it is over!

Welcome back Melody. It is so lage because the surgeon only does these procedures on one particular day. They originally were trying to get approval for port revision back in August, but insurance was giving them a hard time. Frankly I was bummed that I was finally getting a fill for Phil and he decides to flip--I was in no hurry. Congrats on the NSV.

Yeah Stacie--not being overweight is huge--no pun intended:)

Denise--hang in there. Hopefully your

Dottie--you have a hard decision. I guess I would just go ahead just to be done where I could finally just concentrating on being healthy

Hey everyone!

OK, here's a band story for you. As y'all know I've been eating fairly mushy stuff after my fill then my oral surgery, right?

So, yesterday DH, Butters, and I took a drive up to Dana Point (a little beach town about an hour north of us) for lunch and to just get out of the house. We had lunch at a fish and chips place there.

I picked the fish sandwich that I planned to deconstruct. First 'real' food in quite some time.

Well, after a few bites...you guessed it, STUCK...crap

So, I quit eating, burped a few times, one teeny PB, and all seemed OK. We decided to take a walk over to the beach from the marina....I felt FINE.

We are walking along and all of a sudden I burp, and out comes a gusher of slime! No warning! No food! No noise! Just BAM! URP! BLOB!

I had taken some napkins, just in case.

Good thing I had a wad of napkins in my hand, and we happened to be walking by some bushes! Man, oh, man. What a mess! I had slime everywhere!

Sheesh. I swear, when things go wrong, they go WRONG.

Top it all off, my stitches came loose and were hanging down in my mouth really bugging me.

When we got home I gave the biggest offender a li'l snip. Called doc today to fess up. They said it was OK and that others might come loose, also. Another one came out completely--on its own. Then a third became so loose it was hanging down my throat, so it got a little snip, too.

What a relief to have most of them out! I still have a few remaining. But now, where they were hanging and being tugged all round I have a HUGE canker sore! So, my sad attempt at real food was a total flop! I am back to liquids/mushies. WAH...and yes, still GAINING! Go figure. :thumbup:

Edited by Cocoabean
I hate typos.

Denise,

I know it doesn't help but keep repeating, "this too shall pass". What a pain in the butt about the sliming but could've been worse...you could've had 'witnesses' to the sliming. That's always my fear on eating out. ;-p

Melody

Where is everyone? It's so quiet here!

Hey Melody, I fear being in a group while stuck and not being able to get away. Oh wait, that happened to me!

In a jury box. After the lunch break, I was stuck, stuck, stuck, and sliming. I've told the story before. It was a high profile case here. At least I wasn't the defendant, but I sure felt like all eyes were on me!

I've done more reading about the procedure I had done in my mouth. I don't think it is a canker sore. I think it is an area they cut away to use as a cover the graft area. But could be wrong. Either way, it hurts like the dickens, and I am a wimp when it comes to pain.

Poor me. :thumbup:

I'm here...wow Denise what an episode you had! You have really been through the ringer my dear! I HATE sliming! It's the worst part of being banded and being stuck too. I got stuck on a piece of broccoli once and slimed in the bushes. I haven't touched broccoli since that day...oh and another one is eggs...scrambled eggs...and I used to lovvvve them! Anyways, I went to my PA (bariatric) and she used to be in orthopedics...so I took the opportunity to ask her opinion on whether I should get my knee replacement now or after the holidays. She leaned strongly to getting it over with. We realllly discussed it in detail...weighing the pros and cons out loud....and I'm leaning that way although still quite hesitant. Melody, you make a good point that I should drop more weight before I do it and my surgical leg is not 100%. But the PA said that it is pretty common to do the other one without the first one being 100%. She used the analogy of getting two babies out of diapers...you just want it over with so I can get healthy. She gave me a little fill and I did gain over 10 lbs. which I'm very sad about. But she didn't seem to think it was a big deal. I do! I now have 5.8 in a 10 band. I'm on liquids today and tomorrow. Just checking in...thanks for listening...lots of love, Dottie