Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I was MIA.

My snappy comeback to Christie: At least people weren't worried that I was DYING from the hiccups! I don't think anyone really noticed I was yakking into the bushes. That's my story and I am sticking to it! :thumbup:

I had a horrid week. :scared2: It was a huge canker sore in my mouth. It was at the site of an injection during the oral surgery. Right at the upper inside edge of my jaw line at the back corner where the tooth was. It goes up into the roof of my mouth, near the soft palate. wah-wah. It is starting to get better now, but with the stitches and mesh put in to hold the gum away from the bone graft, added to my low pain threshold, it was all irritation enough to cause me significant pain all week.

Then, work was doing end-of-year spending, where we go crazy to get rid of funds that are expiring. You have to love appropriated federal funds. If they have been appropriated for a particular fiscal year and they don't get spent, they expire, then the next year, as you didn't need those funds, your budget is reduced by that amount.

There is no reward for working your budget to save taxpayers money.

So, my manager spent it on things that will get used and not on crazy things, but dang, it is a ton of work and stressful keeping track of the fray to be sure we don't OVERSPEND. All while on painkillers for the oral surgery.

I was reduced to tears on Thursday. The stitches were irritating my tongue, the canker sore hurt every time I swallowed or cleared my ears (this moves your soft palate!). It wasn't severe pain but constant pain.

I am soooooo pitiful!

Touche!

I am supposed to have a fill Tuesday...I am petrified. I waver back and forth between going to get a little one and holding off. I may need a counselor after this summer's incident! Right this minute I'm leaning towards going but we'll see when Tuesday gets here!

Like the above folks, I read daily but rarely reply, just not a lot going on. Getting up every day. Putting one foot in front of the other. Most days loving life but occasionally wondering what the heck I did to end up here....

Take care, I wish you all well!

Ditto on the "reading daily, never posting" thing.

Today is the anniversary of my first consultation with Dr. Kim and that hideous, smiley face, t-shirt picture.

I am in the midst of scheduling my panniculectomy. I should have a date by the end of the week. The thought of the pain is scaring the shit out of me. I love the adrenalin rush from the fear. So, it all balances out.

Happy Anniversary, Bob. You have done amazingly well since a year ago!

Leigha, You go girl! A race like that would just kill me.

Denise, I am so sorry you are going through so much with your mouth. I hope it all starts healing faster now.

Christie, maybe just a tiny fill? Creep back up to that sweet spot very slow.

Elfie, so glad you are back and posting.

Stacie, Did you make up your mind about the direction you will go with school?

Bob, Make sure you let us know all the details of the PS.

Hi to all :thumbup:

Good morning all!

Bob, that smiley face T-shirt pic makes me grin. There is so much contradiction in it. You've done so well. You deserve nothing but the best! Go on wit yer bad self and get the PS and be grrreat!

Leigha, yay on the run! Enjoy it! If you enjoy your wine, which I know you do, it could be worth carrying a few 'extra' pounds. It's all about balance. If you can't do things you truly enjoy in life, maybe it isn't worth it. Unless the 'cost' is just too high. Does that make sense? Bluntly, maybe you should raise your goal weight a tad so that you can enjoy your wine. Loads of studies show wine is good for us. It's a trade off, a couple of pounds for a couple of glasses. Worth it to you?

Crystl- Fist Bump for hurling in the bushes!!! :thumbup: (close as I could find!). I nearly did it again. We went to a fast food joint yesterday. I made a bad choice--not saying what!--and it became clear I made a bad choice. But one hell of a burp on the way home and all was right with the world....aaaaahhhhhh! And the burp was NON-productive. Yay!

Eventhough my fill was the first week of the month, I am still adjusting to the new level of restriction as I have only had a few meals with solid food due to the whole tooth fiasco. You'd think I'd be down 10lbs by now, but oh noooooooooooooo! Must be the sliders I've been enjoying.

I can say the canker sore has finally 'turned the corner' and is not nearly as bad. yippee!!

Still minor pain from the bone graft area and the mesh that is in there to keep the gum away from the graft. The mesh comes out Thursday if I can stand leaving it in for that long. Doctor said he'd remove it Monday if I can't take it, but the longer it is in, the better for the bone graft.

My mouth has now been in constant pain for one month. It all began August 19, right before we left on vacation. Happy Anniversary to me! blah!

Note to all, take care of your teeth! :thumbup: Although the periodontist said this was not from lack of care. All the trouble was below the gum line.

I agree, take care of your teeth :thumbup:

Glad to hear your feeling better Denise. And yes, we must care for our teeth. My DH has had a heck of a time with his but so far mine are okay. It sounded just awful for you Denise! So sorry to hear you went through that. Everything is status quo here. I have yet to cancel the second knee construction, so I must be going to do it. I, too, enjoy the sliders much to much and that is a problem. As I've read on here before, "to bad we can't band our brains also" :thumbup: I want to thank you all for your input on the surgery. Your wisdom means the world to me!!! Has any one heard from Betsy? Did she quit LBT? How is her husband? I hope she is doing well. Gonna head to the gym here in a few...just dropping in to say hi and thanks a thousand times over for your support...lots of love, Dottie

Hey everyone, I am home from my jailbreak. It was a lot of fun, I didn't finish last, as a matter of fact I was about 10 min in front of the last finisher. However, when I was almost at the finish line a guy passed me who was in the next wave so he started 30 after I did, showoff.:tt1:

My knees and elbows are scratched and bruised, and when we were done we had to be hosed off with a fire hose because we were so muddy. I assure you its been a quick minute since I was muddy enough for the hose.

2 big NSV's

1) I beat my sons girlfriend. :thumbup:

2) When we were stretching I figured out I can almost do the splits again. I am only about 4 inches away. :thumbup:

I will post some pics when they are processed.

Hey everyone, I am home from my jailbreak. It was a lot of fun, I didn't finish last, as a matter of fact I was about 10 min in front of the last finisher. However, when I was almost at the finish line a guy passed me who was in the next wave so he started 30 after I did, showoff.:w00t:

My knees and elbows are scratched and bruised, and when we were done we had to be hosed off with a fire hose because we were so muddy. I assure you its been a quick minute since I was muddy enough for the hose.

2 big NSV's

1) I beat my sons girlfriend. :thumbup:

2) When we were stretching I figured out I can almost do the splits again. I am only about 4 inches away. :tt1:

I will post some pics when they are processed.

Congrats! Oh what I'd give to be hosed down by a fireman....::thumbup::

ROFLMAO! You're too much, Christie!

Today is Sunday, yes? I ask because I received a phone call today from the bariatric clinic's nurse. Apparently she made a note in my file that I was going to Disney on 10/2 and that I had no restriction. She was wondering if I had any restriction from the last fill since, if I didn't, they'd like to give me another one on tuesday so I'd have a week and a half to find out if I was going to have difficulties with it.

They still aren't charging me for fills so I'm really impressed with their care!

So...another fill on Tuesday.

LOL ! I'm getting a visual ...

A phone call on a weekend is impressive! I have a rough band weekend. meat and I didn't get along at all, so this morning I called and cancelled tomorrows fill so naturally, after that, I've been able to eat without incident. Go figure. I'll give Steve a few weeks and see how things are going....

Ya just never know from one day to the next do ya?

I know what you mean, Christie. I had a fill about 10 days ago and...until today...felt no difference. Today I actually felt some restriction. I'm still going to go in tomorrow morning and I'll see what they say about it. If they decide to fill, I think I'll only let them give me .25cc. I don't want to go up too fast this time because somewhere I missed my sweet spot before.