Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

I posted this all over my FB groups, but I figured I would share with you all too. This is a link to my fave blog. She is a bypass patient, but she has sooooo many recipes, different shake ideas, and even Protein ice cream and other desserts! Right now she is having a contest/giveaway (she does this about once a month with different things) for Torani SF syrups. Hope some of you enjoy it as much as I do! :biggrin:

"http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/"

Im so glad you posted this. I had come across her blog and somehow I lost the link & could not remember what thread I had found it. Thanks again. She does have so much info and great recipes:thumbup:

Just checking in--you all know my crazy life. Insurance was giving my doctor such a hard time for port revision surgery, so he is going to use some machine to flip it manually? The surgery will be right in his office--it is scheduled for September 28. I am trying to research so I ask the right questions--will need to post a thread to see if anyone has ever heard of this?:smile::biggrin:

Edited by shadst8
typo

Shad-- Let us know if you find anything out, I haven't heard of it.

Karen-- Its good to hear from you, sorry about your car troubles this week!

Stacie-- WOW on the sliming in public.

I went to Dallas yesterday and had .2 removed from my band. I told Rob I would quit losing and then lost 2 pounds in 10 days. So I guess I am going to have to eat more. I had a piece of toast with an egg on it this morning, that is the first bread I have eaten in months. :biggrin:

I also went to get fitted for some running shoes at a store that only sells running equipment. I had to try on shoes and then run in them while they looked at my feet to see which ones helped keep my feet lined up the best. Plus I bought an $11 pair of socks that are suppose to help my high arches when I run. Rob has given me hell about them every since.

Hey everyone!

Karen, welcome back to the land of the living!

Shad, keep us posted on the port revision. Sounds scary! Hopefully insurance will come through instead.

Leigha, of course you lost when you least expected it! Ain't that always the way? I want to see a picture of $11 socks!

Ok, so, y'all know I postponed my fill until after my upcoming trip, right? Well, great idea...only to end up with a toothache!

Yeah, dentist can't get me in, so I am white knuckling it....here's hoping it gets better.

Sheesh!

Edited by Cocoabean

NSV! had to share.

I have not lost a pound in awhile, but must still taking off some inches.

My size medium scrubs are very baggy now!

Last week I went and bought a pair of jeans. St. Johns Bay brand size 12. They fit really nice. I wore them last weekend and every time I passes the mirror I was shocked at how thin they made me look. Yesterday after I pulled them out of the dryer I was sure they shrank up so much I would never be able to wear them. I held them up and they looked so tiny. I was thinking, "oh crap, I can't return them after I already washed them. I thought they were 'rinsed' and would not shrink." Well, I decided to try them on and see just how much they shrank. OMG! They zipped up and fit perfect! My brain just still needs to catch up.

Woohoo, HB!!!! Sooooooo awesome!!!!

:lol::party:

That's awesome Humming bird. Thanks for sharing. I'ts so motivational to hear about everyone's NSV :lol: I cant wait till I go thru that experience.

Hi all,

Just checking in. I am still alive; kicking and farmvilling.

After 5 weeks of bouncing from 220 to 223 lbs; I finally made double digits. I was 217 pounds this morning which translates to 98 K!

I am considering moving to another country so I can be double digits like my IQ. :confused:

I am considering moving to another country so I can be double digits like my IQ. :confused:

I was thinking of moving to the US so that I can double mine (weight lost)!

Bob and elcee--Or just move to the moon and be light as a feather.

Researched "manual port flipping." Aparently is nothing new and many doctors have done this on patients. Whatever he does, I am demanding he gives me something that any pain associated will feel like a pinch!

Researched "manual port flipping." Aparently is nothing new and many doctors have done this on patients. Whatever he does, I am demanding he gives me something that any pain associated will feel like a pinch!

Can't say I blame you there! I am a BIG baby when it comes to the thought of pain, although I think I actually handle it ok...it's just all the anxiety leading up to it! Are you scheduled yet?

Denise-hope that your toothache eases up for your trip!

HB-CONGRATS!!!

Bob-Yay...double digits and you are still alive!

Leigha-I stil sooooo want to run, my body just still won't let me. My calves are way too tight and no matter how much I stretch they don't wanna last! I'm hoping that if I keep trying, I will be able to go for longer! I just saw on Yahoo these funky running shoes that are like running barefoot...almost looked like those toe socks.

Me-went for a 3mi hike today and a 5mi walk the other day...feeling groovy! lol

Good Morning, one and all !! I've missed you all sooo much!! It's been a crazy month for me... lots going on.

First of all, had a bad virus in my computer and had to send it away. That took 2 weeks, so I was off of everything. Then, I got a part time job ( 7 hours a week) working at Gordman's in the Maternity section. Thats been going pretty well. Then, I got a real job !! I've been in training for the past 3 weeks, and today is my first real day with my regular schedule! :-) I got a job with eHarmony... I'm in a call center. Not a job I really wanted, as I;ve done call center before with Amazon.com, but the pay totally kicks ass, AND it has amazing benifits. They kick in on Nov 1. SWEET! I can finally go back to my dr and check things out :-)

So, last week I hit ONEDERLAND !!! WOOT! i weighed in at 198 LOL ... ok, so today i'm at 201, but confident it will go down again. I've been stuck at the same weight for the past 6 months or so...

NSV - bought a new pair of jeans, and got into a 14/16 instead of an 18 !!! I cried in the store like a baby... LOL . And my tops are an X-L in misses now, instead of 1x or 2x in plus sizes. I've come a long way from wearing 28 pants and 24 tops ! My 2 year bandiversary is in October. I'm hoping to be able to stay in Onderland so I have even MORE to Celebrate !

I've missed you all SO much! It seems like alot has been happening... I;ve been keeping up a bit, but no where near as much as I should.

I plan to be a "regular" regular again :-)

Well, it's 5:15, and i need to head to work. i'm working 6am - 2:30 pm, then working 3 - 6 on mondays and 3-7 on thursdays at Gordman's. ...

I'll be checking in again this evening.

It feels so great to be back !!!!! :wub::tt2::lol::):crying::thumbup::w00t::confused::wink2::scared2::blink::tt1:

It's great to hear from you Bobbie. It sounds like things are looking up for you.

((((((BOBBIE)))))!!!!!! So happy to hear that while you have been gone things have been going great for you!!! (cept the sick puter!) Onederland and a new job :):confused::wink2::scared2::blink::crying:!

now just where the heck is that Anne????? Hopefully doing wonderfully :confused: