Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

Hello Bunnies my day is tomorrow the 12th. what should I be doing? I feel just everything? word of wisdom please and prayer help me!!!!
My date is finally here. I get banded tomorrow morning at 8:00. I have to be there at 7:15.

Can't believe that it's really going to happen.

Yay, Tomorrow is my day....I am nervous but believe it or not the only thing I am nervous about is that they will go in there and say my liver is too big, I have been doing great on the pre op diet but that is my fear! Good luck to all that are getting banded this week and the following weeks:biggrin::thumbup:
good luck to you too. I did not do good on pre-opt I hope to be a banded bunnie tomorrow. YESSS

Good luck ya'll, see you on the losers bench.:)

Hello everyone! Back home....I had my surgury Yesterday at 11:00 AM. I had lost 26 pounds on my pre-op diet..YEA!!! Dr Fox has everyone do the South Beach Phase one diet for two weeks prior to your surgury. My surgery date got moved so I was really on it for about 3 1/2 weeks. I left the surgury center about 3:00 PM for the hotel. I am doing well, up and around and making my wonderful husband wait on me..(my favorite part). I did not sleep well last night but still feel really good. I think I was just too excited and grateful that everything went so well. I have been a litttle hungry today, I did'nt think I would be. We stopped by a chinese restaurant and bought a cup of wonton Soup (without the wontons of course) and some chicken broth. That worked for me. I am really excited, I hope you are all doing well and look forward to reading about your progress.

Stagegirl (my family and I perform at a community theatre...We LOVE it!!!) in case you were wondering!!!

It has been a week today since I was banded. Still feel a little awkward in the port site but am doing good painwise. I feel a pain in sternum area when I drink too fast or eat too fast.

I am still on liquid diets and I have been drinking/eating something every hour which helps with liquids. I don't have to finish my Water. I miss what my family eats but am doing okay.

Someone said they were bored with broth/water/crystal light. Try SF popsicles or cream of wheat. That has been really filling.

Gross Question ahead though- have not had a BM since before surgery. is this normal?:thumbup:

Good luck to all those coming up/ keep it up for all those who have been banded. I know that I can do hard things. We can do it together.

I had my final meeting with Surgeon yesterday - everything is a go for 4/22/10. On my appt yesterday, I have been on Preop diet now for 4 days and already lost 6lbs. The 1st 3 days of this diet was extremely hard and Yes, I did cheat (eating Crackers with my Soup). Surprisingly, I am still married (I was not a nice person to live with with not being able to eat any food). Not getting nervous yet (will be big time the day before surgery), but it has helped greatly reading everyone's challenges as I know I am not alone in this Journey.

Hi everyone.

I got home from the surgi-center about 11:00 and have napped on and off in the recliner since then.

I have no shoulder pain from the surgery - so I am very happy about that. I had that before and it can be brutal.

Only thing that hurts is the port incision.

Drinking my "sips and chips" until tomorrow.

I will write more about the actual time-line for the surgery tomorrow when I feel a little more coherent.

I hope that everyone who had surgery today is feeling as good as I am. :thumbup:

Deena

Hey guys,

I got banded on 4/9. Ive been a little sore around my port and nauseous. I went to the ER today because I was feeling dizzy and almost fainted. It turned out that I was dehydrated. I cant keep anything down and nothing taste good to me. Not even the Protein Shakes I drank so much! Im trying my best to drink as much as I can but its hard. I am also hungry. lol Does anyone have any advice?

Hey guys,

I got banded on 4/9. Ive been a little sore around my port and nauseous. I went to the ER today because I was feeling dizzy and almost fainted. It turned out that I was dehydrated. I cant keep anything down and nothing taste good to me. Not even the Protein Shakes I drank so much! Im trying my best to drink as much as I can but its hard. I am also hungry. lol Does anyone have any advice?

Try some popsicles or some applesauce. Don't worry about drinking a ton. You can do Jello, cream of wheat.

You can do it.

I would have that checked out. If it is heartburn I heard papaya enzymes work.

I can only do liquids right now. I would like to have cream of wheat but i think it might be to much.

Tomorrow is the day! I am so excited and scared at the same time. I know in my heart everything will be OK but there are all these crazy thoughts about "what if" in surgery...Anyone else feel that way?:cool:

Tomorrow is the day! I am so excited and scared at the same time. I know in my heart everything will be OK but there are all these crazy thoughts about "what if" in surgery...Anyone else feel that way?:cool:

It is my day tomorrow, too! I am excited not yet nervous. Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you are doing!!

I need to go to bed now as I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 AM.

Will talk to everyone on the banded side tomorrow.

Good night, sleep tight, and I will be praying for everyone at every stage of this incredible journey.

I don't know if its a coincidence or not but i looked up alternative therapies for gas after STILL having crippling gas/shoulder pain and tried out the acupressure points they suggested and now the gas I'm getting is going out through the proper channels instead of migrating to my shoulder. Woot! Of course i've also been doing chamomile and peppermint teas and gas-x but for some reason after doing acupressure i haven't had shoulder pain so far!

Put this in the "wont hurt might help" file:

lay down measure three finger lengths down from navel. Press down on spot with index finger release while exhaling

find spot four fingers up from your inside ankle bone. press down

find spot four fingers down from your knee on the outside edge of your shin. flex your foot. the muscle that bulges is where you press down

Had my hospital pre-op today, confirmed I will be staying overnight....yuck! I must confess I'm a bit jealous of you all who are home in less time than it takes to watch a double-feature :-) I was told no Gas-X or listerine films...nothing by mouth at all same day until my radiology scan 24 hours later....so 36 hour dry mouth here I come!

All systems are a go for the 19th, pending my final consult with my surgeon on Friday, but as I am at the upper end of what he wanted on the pre-op diet, it should all be fine. Now if I can just get all the work that will need to be done next week out of the way in the next 3 days....sometimes it really stinks to be Superwoman...:cool:!

If you were banded yesterday I would like to know how the start of your new journey:thumbup:

It official as of 12th I'm am now a banded April Bunnie. I went in to surgery at 8am I was home by 1130am. I'm having gas problem and get a little hungry this morning. I did not sleep much last night pain not real bad but pain. Day two should I go out and walk or stay in the house?:cool:

If you were banded yesterday I would like to know how the start of your new journey:thumbup:

It official as of 12th I'm am now a banded April Bunnie. I went in to surgery at 8am I was home by 1130am. I'm having gas problem and get a little hungry this morning. I did not sleep much last night pain not real bad but pain. Day two should I go out and walk or stay in the house?:eek:

Hi Rubie :cool: congrats on the beginning of your new life. I was banded on Wed April 7th and walking has done WONDERS for me. I had virtually zero gas pains as I was told to walk and sleep elevated for the first two days. I went back to work on your surgery day and had a 14 hour day (wouldn't recommend THAT) but all in all made all my committments and as of Today (1 week) feel completely normal. I am still on liquids mostly but have had two business dinners and had the broth of Soup from the restaurant at both and didn't feel like a moron at all. In other words, travelling in both worlds nicely. As my job requires a lot of movement from walking a 1/2 mile long plant to office work etc, I really think getting back in to the grind is why I feel really good now. I go back for my post op on Friday (should have been today but I still have big shots in the plant) and I am anxious to see what I have lost and what my Dr's take on my recovery is. Sending best wishes your way and to the rest of the April Band Bunnies!

Kim