Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

Hello! I'm new to the board and would love to join this thread. My surgery date is April 15th with Dr. Michael Snyder in Denver, through Rose Medical Center. I'm nervous, but excited. It's been great to read posts on those of you who have so recently gotten your bands. Thanks for all the great tips!

Hi all well I am banded Woohoo. Got home around 12:00. Surgery went great. Im in pain this is the first I have been up to getting on here. I posted my super long post in surgery day experience in the group. :) LOL. Will check back in tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone being banded tomorrow. :smile2:

:thumbup:Thanks Courtney,

I found the ticker but I cannot find the signature spot??

weight.png

I've been away for a few days and I feel like I've missed so much. So many have had their surgery, and so many - Montynic and Mamasugar - are well on their way to feeling like themselves again. Glad things are going well Ladies! I look forward to hearing about marketing, post-op dieting, gas pains and general recovery stuff. I'm scheduled for Pre-op testing on Monday the 12th and my surgery is on Sunday the 18th. Can't believe it's SO close!

Hope mine goes as well as all of you! Oh and congratulations to all of those banded on the 6th, 7th and 8th!!

Froggy, you're Friday, tmr, right? Good luck!!

Ravyn,

I had mine on Wednesday and it is behind me. I am feeling good and learning to drink without gulping and taking in air. My incisions are sore but overall it was easy.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!

:smile2:

Froggie D -- Thanks so much for the reply! I also hope my day is as uneventful as yours :smile2:

It is Friday and I got my band on Wednesday. I am doing really well.

I have had my Protein today (protein powder in soy milk and in chicken broth) and working on the rest of my Water. I am sooooooo full. I guess from swelling.

I am not having any real pain, just soreness from the incisions. All my systems are finally working and today I walked 1.2 miles. Yesterday I walked a half mile. It was a beautiful day. Since I feel so full in my sternum area, I am guessing from swelling, it is a bit hard to take full breathes so I was a bit short of breath walking. I think that is probably normal.

It just feels really weird not eating. food smells good, but I know I could not eat. Already missing the taste, however.

Wow - it is done and it went by so fast.

Anyone else have a feeling of slight let down after the high adrenalin rush of getting banded is over?:biggrin:

Well it is day two I finally got some sleep yesterday went to bed about 10:30 p.m. and slept till about 9:30 a.m. was up and down a few times a couple times putting the heating pad on my shoulder and once for meds. I am still taking my Loratab every 4 hrs on the dot. Wish I didn't have to but still in pain. I felt a little better this morning got up drank some chicken broth to loosen up some mucus and drank some Water and an Isopure. A couple weeks ago our transmission went out on our van so we went car shopping we need a reliable vehicle to get to work, and me back and forth to the Dr. had no luck vehicles are really expensive and I was in pain and moody, walked about 2 miles, have had alot of gas. It is awful when you are so excited to fart. LOL. Now my shoulder is starting to hurt again pretty bad been taking the gas-x strips all day. My port site hurts pretty bad too it is bruised which they said may happen. I have also started my period which totally sucks that just adds more pain and bloating to everything else. Crossing my fingers for a better day tomorrow. I am on Clear Liquids for a week than I move on to full liquids. I am not hungry at all I ate a Jello tonight and some chicken broth and have had to force that down. There is alot of gurgling going on in there does anyone else have that I am figuring that it is gas. ?

Froggie- I said the same thing to my husband today that wow I can't believe I am banded and it is in there it all went so fast. LOL.

Today is day 4. I was banded on Tuesday. I think I overdid it yesterday because it was hard for me to get up and move. I tried going back to work yesterday. I also need help with getting my Protein in. I am okay drinking one Protein Shake but 3 make me want to cry.

Today is day 4. I was banded on Tuesday. I think I overdid it yesterday because it was hard for me to get up and move. I tried going back to work yesterday. I also need help with getting my Protein in. I am okay drinking one Protein Shake but 3 make me want to cry.

Have you tried Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb from GNC? They come in 6 different flavors I like Alpine Punch and Blue Raspberry they have 40g of protein. It is a nice change from Protein Shakes. I can not tolerate protein shakes.:biggrin: Also there is the whey Protein Shots they have 42g of protein they are really thick sort of like cough Syrup but it is only a 3.4oz tube so not to bad I have to hold my nose when I drink this one though. Hope you can find something good switch it up a little and it wont be so bad. Take care.

scheduled my surgery today for April 22. so excited!!

Twinserly - Thanks for the tips on the variety of Protein Drinks. I've been drinking the Atkins and they're putrid after you've had one. I really need to stock up this week. Guess I'm off to GNC! Oh and I hope your shoulder pain goes away soon.

Froggie it sounds like you're doing great!! You give me hope! LOL!

Hi all,

I am going to be banded on the 23rd and it is great to read through all of your experiences to help me through some of the questions and nervousness. I am going to go get Protein Shakes etc tomorrow. It sounds like the Isopure stuff at GNC is a good idea along with some sort of Protein shot or shake to break things up.

It is great to hear you all doing so well. I am diabetic and take metformin extended release.. does anyone have suggestions on this since it is such a huge pill I am sure I will have to do something about that one..

It sounds like walking a lot helps too..

Thanks! Tera

I will be praying for a quick recovery!

Muscle milk @ costco is not too bad.