Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 6th, 7th and 8th Sleevers Please Acknowledge Yourselves!

Hey everyone, I know we have an October thread but I wanted to create one specifically for those of us being sleeved on next Monday and Tuesday. I think it would be awesome for us to support each other and actually follow each other post-op.

I'm being sleeved on Tuesday, October 7th! Wow still can't believe I have 6 days remaining. I'm not nervous at all just excited and ready to start my journey. My husband thinks something is wrong with me because I'm not nervous lol.

Like many of you I've been battling my weight since childhood. I'm 35 years old with a BMI of 44 and 5 months ago I said no more diet pills and no more starving myself for only a 10 lbs lost. I've never been below 200 lbs. in my adult hood.

Guys I told my mom yesterday and now I'm regretting it. Her response was the following "why don't you just diet" :(. I couldn't believe it, I absolutely could not believe it. Anyway I had to brush that off very quickly and continue my conversation with my mom without exposing my true feelings. I'm not discouraged just wishing I wouldn't had sad anything.

I'm moving forward, all my thoughts are centered around Tuesday morning. I wish all of you the best and please keep each other lifted up pre and post op.

Hey everyone, I know we have an October thread but I wanted to create one specifically for those of us being sleeved on next Monday and Tuesday. I think it would be awesome for us to support each other and actually follow each other post-op.

I'm being sleeved on Tuesday, October 7th! Wow still can't believe I have 6 days remaining. I'm not nervous at all just excited and ready to start my journey. My husband thinks something is wrong with me because I'm not nervous lol.

Like many of you I've been battling my weight since childhood. I'm 35 years old with a BMI of 44 and 5 months ago I said no more diet pills and no more starving myself for only a 10 lbs lost. I've never been below 200 lbs. in my adult hood.

Guys I told my mom yesterday and now I'm regretting it. Her response was the following "why don't you just diet" :(. I couldn't believe it, I absolutely could not believe it. Anyway I had to brush that off very quickly and continue my conversation with my mom without exposing my true feelings. I'm not discouraged just wishing I wouldn't had sad anything.

I'm moving forward, all my thoughts are centered around Tuesday morning. I wish all of you the best and please keep each other lifted up pre and post op.[/quote

Hey guys I made an error in first paragraph, please disregard.

I'm October 8th. I'm not nervous either. I've only told my children, fiancé, & a friend that had gastric about 6-7 months ago. I really don't want or need to hear anyone's negative opinion or comments about my decision to make myself a healthier person. So I haven't told too many people.

Best wishes to you next week. Stay focused & don't let anyone discourage you from your goal.

Hi all, I'm getting sleeved on Tuesday 7 October as well. Pre op prep is going well. I'm finding the shakes good and that my hunger is under control.

I have told my mum, but she doesn't want me yo have it done, she is just worried about the surgery really, once she sees the benefit to me she will be glad for me.

I'm starting to get nervous about the surgery, but will be find.

My starting weight was 114kgs which is 250p. My first goal is getting to 100kgs, hopefully by Christmas.

Im on oct 7 as well. Im on day two of my preop diet abd yesterday was easy while today has been a little harder. I feel really tense and irritable today,.

I havent told many people either.

I wasn't nervous until I had my sleeve class on monday and now im super nervous! I dont know why but having to get heprin shots bothers me. Maybe because I have never had a syrgery where I had to have it. It seems like such a trivial thing to be worried about lol!

My preop is tomorrow and I just want these next six days to fly by so I won't be hungry! Lol

Good luck to you all!

I had my surgery September 15th and my husband is having his October 6th.

Hi I am booked for Oct 8, I have only told my mum, sisters, husband and briefly explained it to my older children. I have always struggled with my weight from an early age and like everyone else I have tried all the diets - some worked with great success but eventually the weight came back on 'and then some' and each diet I had success with only worked once so it was always a long difficult trial and fail period to find the next diet to help me.

I have been counting down the months, weeks & days until surgery and I am really excited to be on track to a more permanent weightloss solution. I have been on shakes for the last week which I am doing pretty good with (I occasionally have 1 or 2 mouthfuls of something but I usually find that satisfies me)

I look forward to sharing the next step of my journey with everyone and hearing all your positive stories also xx

Hi all. I am October 6th in Mexico. I too have been overweight my whole life. I am a huge emotional eater/addict.

I can't believe this is happening really. I had given up all hope of ever being anything but huge. I didn't know about the sleeve until several months ago - a grocery clerk told me her daughter went to Mexico and it changed her life in the best way possible. I went home and googled it and now here I am about to embark on the best thing I have ever done for myself. I have a new lease on life and am thrilled. One of my best friends is coming with me. I am seeing a counsellor and NUT. I can't wait to be able to go the gym again and not feel so terribly self conscious. I want to drink in all life has to offer me! Next summer sea kayaking!!! Good luck and best wishes to all of us on this incredible journey we are all brave enough to take. I will post my journey after I am back. Take good care of yourselves.

I'm in Oct 6th and I have driven myself crazy with my nerves. I'm excited and nervous all at once. I can't wait to drop some pounds and get back to normal. At the same time this is a big commitment and a new journey.

Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing well with pre-op diet if you had to be on one. Okay guys I don't know what to do with myself because I'm so excited lol. I have 4 days until surgery day :), wow I can't believe it but I wish it was tomorrow. I know some of you can relate.

Wow this is amazing, so many of us. Mine is October 6th and I am starving, all I was thinking about today was Pasta. But I'm soooo excited it's almost finally over. Lets keep in touch.

Oct 7th it's almost here!! So many emotions! Hope to stay in touch with everyone. Prayers for all. I was called yesterday and told my white blood count was a little high so I have to repeat my bloodwork on Monday morning fingers crossed it will be normal so surgery can proceed on Tuesday.

Hey everyone, my op is the 6th October. I'm so nervous. I've literally packed a hospital bag full of things I don't even think I'll need.

I also feel that the closer I'm getting, the more jealous my closest friend is becoming. She knows how long I've wanted this but now I'm on the pre-op diet she just feels the need not to invite me out to places with our joint friends.

But, at the moment I'm not that bothered to be fair. This Monday I'm getting sleeved and nothing can bring down my good mood!

Good luck to everyone and please add me as a friend so we can all keep in contact!:)