Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

Good luck everyone! Remember walk, walk, walk and gas x...seriously it says take up to four at a time, take the four! I have gone through three boxes since getting home on Saturday and they were totally worth it.

Justplainbatty, unfortunately too much is way worse than too little. When my Mom had her knee surgery the nurse on Saturday told my dad to keep pushing my mom's button for her every 15 minutes--she nearly ended up in a coma. My dad just kept telling my sis and I that the nurse told him to and she had the degree and for us to shut up they were professionals and knew what they were doing. Fortunately my sister and I never did listen to orders well, so off we went to the nurses station and all hell broke loose. Long story short always be careful not to overmedicate with the morphine pump. Glad you are doing better now.

Tomrrow is my BIG DAY! I can hardly wait. I will be banded at 7:30 in morning by Dr. Kim in Carrollton. It all seems surreal. I hope I can sleep tonight, yeah right. I live about an hour and half from the hospital, so it will be a very early morning for us. Good luck to everyone being banded on the 18th!

It looks like theres three of us going into "bandland" tomorrow... You, me, and "A New Me" I have to be to the hospital by 5 am for a 7 am surgery. I get to confirm that later on today. Wahooo I am excited and totally freaking out at the same time... Fear of the unknown is whats getting to me today. I am not really scared for the actual procedure its a short one. Just freaked out about whats coming down the road but kinda freaked out in a good way.... Is that possible? Any how GOOD LUCK TO ALL MY 18TH BANDITS!!!! I'm rolling with ya!!!!:(

Much <3

Erin

Best wishes to all being banded today. Can't believe Christopher went shopping on the way home from surgery. WOW.

JC in KC

The last couple days were great....... felt very little to no pain and gas pains were few and far between, I started full liquids Sunday and energy was a little better.

Last night, all of the sudden, I have had pains in the front of my shoulder/right below my collar bone - sharp pains that made me cry for the first time since banding....frustration was part of that :(

I think it's still gas pain but it was at the back of my shoulder and center of my chest ..... Why does it have to move?!? Geeesh........ go away already!!!!

It will pass, it will pass......that is what I'm hoping, literally!

#1. Surgery date? Feb 25th 2010

#2. State you live in? Texas

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Carpenter, Scott & White Hospital

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance, I will pay $2000 out of pocket.

#5. Age and height 45 5ft 3 in

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 224.5 goal 150

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? health

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? yes

#8. Concerns and questions? praying that I succeed and that surgery will go smoothly.

Started process the last week of October, attended Seminar and started all the paperwork and requirements.

Here i am at my last day at work. I leave for San Juan tomorrow 6am to pickup my aunt who is going with me to Caracas. (She is from Caracas and the surgeon is a family friend). We leave for Caracas on Friday, some sight seeing and then tuesday 2/23 9am is the surgery. I am not afraid. Other than leaving the kids with my husband and mother in law in charge..hehe But for the first time in Lord knows how many years I am putting me and my health first. I will not be able to logon, but as soon as I return I will upload pictures and blog. Best of luck to all and God Bless. :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :(

Tomrrow is my BIG DAY! I can hardly wait. I will be banded at 7:30 in morning by Dr. Kim in Carrollton. It all seems surreal. I hope I can sleep tonight, yeah right. I live about an hour and half from the hospital, so it will be a very early morning for us. Good luck to everyone being banded on the 18th!

good luck!!! I am happy for you. My original date was the 18th but has changed to the 25th. One week to go for me!!!!:thumbdown:

good luck!!! I am happy for you. My original date was the 18th but has changed to the 25th. One week to go for me!!!!:thumbdown:

you and i are getting banded on the same day. :thumbdown: good luck to you! how is your pre-op diet going?

The same guy is doing me on March 2nd and making me go all the way to Decatur.

Good luck Reshee and everyone else having surgery tomorrow.

Reshee - Sending good karma your way. We are all here for you.

Smile - new gorgeous clothes for you soon.

Joyce in KC

Tomorrow is the day for me too!!!!!! So excited and so nervous! I wish that my surgery was earlier, it is at 3:30pm but there's nothing i really can do about it except deal, lol. Good luck to All Feb 18th bandits (and everyone else too! ) Im praying for you all! :thumbdown:

wishing all you being banded today the best and speedy recovery!!

Ditto from me - Good luck, best wishes, prayers, and hugs for everyone having surgery today! :confused:

Yeah I am banded!!!!:confused: I feel great, little to no pain! I have been walking and have had a couple of sips of Water. Still hard for me to believe that I had surgery earlier today. Cottonmouth just sucks:angry: