Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey February 2010 Bandsters!

I just saw something very funny but very scary! I decided to what if any Lap Band books there were on Ebay. What did I find? An Inamed Lap Band TUBING kit as well as all of the laproscopic instruments needed for LP surgery!!!! :unsure:

Funny but scary huh? I just have visions in my head of "Doctors" in back alleys performing WLS!!!

So sorry curlicue! That's terrible news, but you have the right idea- just a bump in the grand scheme of things. Hope you hear soon about the new date. Good luck

#1. Surgery date? Febuary 9th, 2010 (I can't believe it's almost here!)

#2. State you live in? Washington

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? St. Francis, Dr. Oh and Dr. Hirai

#4. Insurance or self pay? Medicare and Tricare

#5. Age and height 34 years old and 5'6"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? I have been dieting to try and lose my 10% but my starting weight was 247, now 230 and my goal is 145-150

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery?

I am sick of taking so many medications and I want to be able to keep up with my son who is 11.

#8. Do you have the support of family and friends? My immediate family knows and they are hesitant but supportive, and my friends are supportive, but I haven't told some of my family because they are judgemental.

#9. Concerns and questions? I am worried I won't lose the 10% before the 9th and my doctor does cancel surgeries if you aren't successful.

I really hate that fact I have to take my meds in powder form instead of pills, it is so gross and the Vitamins aren't any better. I just don't know how I will be able to take them after surgery because I won't be able to swallow alot of Water fast... do you have any good ideas???

#1. Surgery date? FEB 9TH

#2. State you live in? NEW JERSEY

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? DR. O ATLANTIC CARE

#4. Insurance or self pay? INSURANCE

#5. Age and height 40 5'8"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 330 ??

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? SEVERE BACK PAIN

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I DONT KNOW, DONT CARE

#8. Concerns and questions? FINGERS CROSSED, I DO GOOD!

1. Surgery date? 2/23/2010

2. State you live in? MA

3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Randall @ LMH

4. Insurance or self pay? BCBSMA 100%

5. Age and height 28 5'6.5"

6. Current weight and goal weight? 250 --> 150, started at 297, at least that was my highest recorded but I think I was higher than that

7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I'm healthy and want to stay that way and want to be able to have healthy pregnancies someday. I've lost 50# on my own so far too. I have a herniated disk and I know my weight isn't helping my back at all.

7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Yup, I have great family and friend support. I've told those closest to me only not for shame or guilt, but just because I don't need the children I work with talking and feeding the rumor mill! If someone asks, I'm more than willing to share, the same applies to many aspects of life. :bored:

8. Concerns and questions? Anesthesia petrifies me, the very thought of being sedated, induced, paralyzed, and intubated makes me want to vomit or go cry in a corner. :)

Had my pre-op appointment yesterday. Everything went well. Still scheduled for Wed, Feb 3rd. I recieved the doctors "book" on what to expect and what to eat after. For three weeks after surgery I can only have; Protein Shakes, yogurt, milk, pureed fruits, and liquids. All low-fat/low sugar. Then I get to add softer-solid foods after that. I guess that is about the norm from what I have seen on here. I already have my post-op appoinment and another appoinment after that for 3/3 check up but not necessarily a fill.

The problem I am finding with my docs office is that the majority of his patients use the Realize band and once they get the band the go to that website and never post here. I have a hard time finding people from his office on here.

My surgery is scheduled 2/12, did exercise/nutrition class and pre-op testing, just need med clearance from my PCP on 2/3, but I haven't decided yet on which band, surgeon has left it up to me. He thinks Realize because of the tools on the web site but says its entirely my decision. I've gone to the website a few times and really don't like it- or maybe not comfortable to me! Not sure which but whatever I decide I know I'll stay with this site- soooo much support and very user friendly.

Totally done with all pre testing and nutrition/exercise class and got clearance from my PCP yesterday as well. Started the liver reduction diet today. So far not starving...

Thank you for starting this tread. I have been overwhelmed by the support given on this site. I am happy to join the group and look forward to getting to know my fellow Febuarians.

Here are the basics.

#1. Surgery date? Feb. 11

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Aguila/Memorial Hosp

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay

#5. Age and height 44 & 5' 3"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 240/140

While there were a lot of factors that played a part in my decision, it all came down to my (hard earned - believe me) belief that 44 years old was way to young to give up and say "This is it (my weight/health). This is the best you can do." I don't believe that all problems will be solved with the LAP-BAND®. However I know that better weight management and all of its related benefits will certainly increase my quality of life now and in the future.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I am lucky in that I have the full support of my husband, my children, my mother and sisters as well as close friends.

#8. Concerns and questions? I am on the 3rd day of the Optifast liquid only diet and am REALLY having a hard time. Don't get me wrong, I am committed to the process and will see it through. But this is really hard. While my family is really supportive and are trying to help, I don't think they really understand. I don't want to quit but the bottom line is that I am hungry, really hungry. And I just want to talk to someone who understands. Any thoughts/experience you have with this would be really apprecaited.

.......................and anything else you would like to add!

:bored::):blink:

#1. Surgery date~FEB 16, 2010

#2. State you live in~ILLINOIS

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center~DR.JOYCE~SILVERCROSS

#4. Insurance or self pay~BCBS HMO

#5. Age and height~5'4 1/2 43 YRS

#6. Current weight and goal weight~260LBS ..150LBS GOAL

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery~I COULDNT SEE MY ANKLES ANYMORE AND MY TUMMY GREW :)

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends?NOOO!!

#8. Concerns and questions?IM GOOD SO FAR..3'RD TIME'S A CHARM

#1. Surgery date - February 15, 2010

#2. State you live in - Tennessee

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center - Dr. Spaw, Metabolic Surgery Center, Nashville, TN

#4. Insurance or self pay - Aetna Insurance

#5. Age and height - 31 5'2"

#6. Current weight and goal weight - 205 and my goal is ~125

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery - I have sleep apnea and I am tired of being so unhappy with myself all the time.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? Definitely my family. Most of my friends are supportive but there is the occasional sarcastic comment made. For once in my life, I don't give a damn what anyone thinks!

#8. Concerns and questions? I am not at all nervous about surgery, but I do have anxiety about the pre-op diet that I have to start on Monday.

weight.png

Thank you for starting this tread. I have been overwhelmed by the support given on this site. I am happy to join the group and look forward to getting to know my fellow Febuarians.

Here are the basics.

#1. Surgery date? Feb. 11

#2. State you live in? Florida

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Aguila/Memorial Hosp

#4. Insurance or self pay? Self Pay

#5. Age and height 44 & 5' 3"

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 240/140

While there were a lot of factors that played a part in my decision, it all came down to my (hard earned - believe me) belief that 44 years old was way to young to give up and say "This is it (my weight/health). This is the best you can do." I don't believe that all problems will be solved with the LAP-BAND®®. However I know that better weight management and all of its related benefits will certainly increase my quality of life now and in the future.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? I am lucky in that I have the full support of my husband, my children, my mother and sisters as well as close friends.

#8. Concerns and questions? I am on the 3rd day of the Optifast liquid only diet and am REALLY having a hard time. Don't get me wrong, I am committed to the process and will see it through. But this is really hard. While my family is really supportive and are trying to help, I don't think they really understand. I don't want to quit but the bottom line is that I am hungry, really hungry. And I just want to talk to someone who understands. Any thoughts/experience you have with this would be really apprecaited.

:glare::biggrin::wub:

Hang in there it does get easier.I have been on the Optifast diet for 3 weeks now.After days 5-6 the real bad hunger pains start to go away.Then it is all head hunger you just start to crave some real food.I find that drinking a lot of fluids helps.It sounds funny to say but you can stay full on fluids.I drink a lot of crystal light and zero calorie Powerade.What has helped me most though is when I get on the scales. I have lost 32 pounds.Good Luck

#1. Surgery date? Feb 1st 2010

#2. State you live in? PA

#3. Doctor/Surgery Center? Dr. Davidson -Pinnacle Hospital

#4. Insurance or self pay? Insurance & Self Pay Co-insurance & Deductible

#5. Age and height - Age 37 5ft 3in

#6. Current weight and goal weight? 264 current 150 goal

#7. What was your deciding factor for having this surgery? I've tried everything else and failed - my family needs a more energetic me - I need my outside to match my inside - I need to be healthy and start taing care of me and not just everyone else I love.

#7. Do you have the support of family and friends? some yes some no it is complicated but most importantly my hubby and children and best friend are very supported and they are the ones that matter the most to me

#8. Concerns and questions? getting nervous - never had surgery before -

God is good- He led me to this - He will lead me through it - I am very thankful for all of the online friends and the info I am getting from them.

My date is the 11th too. I'm so excited as well as nervous. As I read your post we are very close to the same. I'm 45, 230 and 5'7. I don't start my prep until the 4th. I'm not sure what it is yet I will find out on Tuesday. I think it's liquids for 5 days then clear liquid for 2 days.

Well I hope we can keep in touch through this process. We never can have too much support.

Day 7 of my pre-op diet and have lost 10 lbs........Some days I'm not hungry at all and some days I'm starving by dinnertime!

I'm sick to death of Protein drinks......yuck!