Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Has anyone done the 5 day pouch test? I don't have restriction yet and everyday add more junk food to my diet. Unfortunately I haven't lost weight either. I don't know how you all do so well ...I eat exactly the same as I did b4 surgery.

I'm going to try the 5 day to get back on track.

@ Ara - You are doing good, you have lost, on average, over 8 lbs. a month since your surgery. Also you don't have as much to loose as some, so don't beat yourself up.

We have the same amount in our bands and my doc said it should take 2 more fills before I get to my sweet spot. Can you go in for another fill soon?

I have not tried the 5 day pouch test, but every time I have a fill my doc puts me back on 3 days of liquids & 3 days of soft foods, so that is almost like the 5 day test. I do loose on it (if I am good and stick to it!).

Hugs

I too weigh myself everyday. If I have gained a pound I know to really watch what I eat that day, If the scale is moving down I feel good and know I'm on the right track. I only record my weight once a week - just on Wednesdays, so I keep a weekly progress chart.

@ Mrs. Beasley, Your stomach will shrink as you loose weight. You may be able to eat Breakfast and lunch without any problems because those meals might be lighter or softer foods and they go down more easily than the meat at dinner time. chicken and pork can be dry, especially when you have chewed on them for awhile. I find that cutting my meat into small pieces across the grain of the meat helps it to down and also having plenty of gravy or sauces helps too.

Thanks Viv,

I always forget to uses sauces and so forth until its too late. I need to remember that. Thanks for your help. I was beginning to think something was wrong. Like tonight for example I went out to eat for dinner and no problem at all. But I did not have chicken or pork.

Thanks Viv,

I always forget to uses sauces and so forth until its too late. I need to remember that. Thanks for your help. I was beginning to think something was wrong. Like tonight for example I went out to eat for dinner and no problem at all. But I did not have chicken or pork.

What did you have?

I ate a salad, some lobster, mashed potato's and a piece of bread. No problem with any of that, although I never have trouble with salad.

@ Ara - You are doing good, you have lost, on average, over 8 lbs. a month since your surgery. Also you don't have as much to loose as some, so don't beat yourself up.

We have the same amount in our bands and my doc said it should take 2 more fills before I get to my sweet spot. Can you go in for another fill soon?

I have not tried the 5 day pouch test, but every time I have a fill my doc puts me back on 3 days of liquids & 3 days of soft foods, so that is almost like the 5 day test. I do loose on it (if I am good and stick to it!).

Hugs

Thanks for the encouraging words Viv.

Really??? 2 more fills? I'm so ready to feel restriction now. Have you been losing lately?

I am so ready for restriction too. I am glad I'm not alone in this journey. I go for my 3rd fill this week. I get full fast but it doesn't last so hopefully we are getting close.

Hey everyone. I have been without a computer for a week and I am so happy to be back online.

I didn't go back and read, but I hope everyone had a great Easter and are doing well.

I seen some of you were talking about restriction. I didn't feel good restriction until my 4th fill. Now sometimes I almost wonder if I am too tight. I am unable to eat breakfast, so I end up having a glass of milk. Usually for lunch I can eat a little something. Today I ate half of a Smart Ones dinner for lunch. For me, it seems like I feel the hungriest in the afternoon.

I only have 1 more weigh in for the Biggest Loser through our Y. I'm hoping to get down another 5 pounds before then. That should put me at 50 pounds lost since the start of it in January. It has definitely kept me motivated to go to the gym. Oh and I tried Zumba for the first time today. It was a lot of fun, but wow am i sore.

Thanks for the encouraging words Viv.

Really??? 2 more fills? I'm so ready to feel restriction now. Have you been losing lately?

Losing has been slow for me, but I decided to looked at my WL a different way. I have loss 21lbs since surgery, so that is an average of 6+ pounds a month, which is right in the middle of where my doc wants me to be, with a 1to 2lbs drop a week. But I do seem to play with that 1 pound all week - lose, gain, lose, gain. I have struggled since my 3rd fill and have taken 3 weeks to drop 2lbs, which I think I have gained back after attending 2 luncheons this week!

You have a low BMI, maybe you don't have that much more to lose and what is left to lose is that hard core stuff - you have already lost the stuff that is easy to lose. Keep working at it, we'll get to the finish line soon:rolleyes2:

The first 20lbs was so easy to lose right after surgery. Since January I have gone up and down 5lbs but have pretty much stayed the same. But you're right Viv about all of it...I'll just hang in there. My next fill is in a week and a half. I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks!

Belly

I had my fouth fill tues 3/30 and I lost 7 pounds during the next 7 days. Most of that was from not eating for fear of getting stuck but since the 7th I haven't lost anything else. I have good restriction in the sense I can't eat anything fast and the bites must be tiny tiny, BUT I have never felt full. I have 7/4 ccs in a 10 band. Dont think I'll get more because I'm not sure I could eat anything if I did. Today I had a little dark meat chicken let with 1/4 cup of baked Beans for lunch. It's been 20 minutes and I haven't finished yet. Cant imagine if the whole were smaller. So one would think I'm there but I don't know. If five days I've stayed right at the same weight.

hey girls!

its been a week since my fill and I think I might be at or close to my sweet spot.

I have the lump in my throat and although I can eat anything I want--I am able to go in between meals for 4-5 hours.

I went to lunch with my friend who was banded 2 years ago ( lost 140lbs) and talked to her more. She said...she never feels full. The point of the band ( for her) is not to feel hungry. BIG DIFFERENCE ya know??

So I got thinking like that......yes I still have to stop myself but I am ABLE to stop myself.

So---thought I would throw that out there.

I put my scale away and I plan to weigh on Sunday and Wed only. Tomorrow is my official weigh in.....I am thinking I am going to be down at least a pound.

hey girls!

its been a week since my fill and I think I might be at or close to my sweet spot.

I have the lump in my throat and although I can eat anything I want--I am able to go in between meals for 4-5 hours.

I went to lunch with my friend who was banded 2 years ago ( lost 140lbs) and talked to her more. She said...she never feels full. The point of the band ( for her) is not to feel hungry. BIG DIFFERENCE ya know??

So I got thinking like that......yes I still have to stop myself but I am ABLE to stop myself.

I put my scale away and I plan to weigh on Sunday and Wed only. Tomorrow is my official weigh in.....I am thinking I am going to be down at least a pound.

I went in for another fill yesterday and my surgeon said the exact same thing. It's not how much I can eat at a meal, but am I getting hungry in between meals and how quickly. For me, the last couple of weeks, I've been getting hungry after dinner and snacking, which is not a good thing, thus he was willing to give me another fill. During the day at work, it isn't so bad because I can limit myself to what I have available to eat (such as a Fiber bar or some almonds). But at night, anything in the house is fair game.

I joined the YMCA last night and am looking forward to tomorrow night when I can go to Water aerobics. We've got bible study tonight, otherwise I'd go work out tonight too. I couldn't work out last night because I didn't have any work out clothes that fit (they are all too big) plus I wasn't sure if my swimsuits fit still. I did find one that will fit for a few more weeks, but I'm going to have to buy a new one soon. I like having that problem! :thumbup:

I believe (because we started this journey together) that we are at a very critical point, ladies. We are about to find our sweet spots. We have all had several fills and most aren't there yet. This surgery, for me, was anticlimatic. Only because I was "so excited to get the band" and here it is April and we're just gettin' to the point where we are restricted. Insteresting..thoughts to ponder...

hey girls!

You're on to something here! Yes, I have to stop myself and at dinner I eat to fullness, which is not good! But I'm not hungry the rest of the night! It's the only meal I allow myself to get full on. Breakfast and lunch are real light. So, in answer to your question, Yes, for two meals a day I stop myself.