Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self-pay costs of different surgeons.....

My surgeon fee is $4800 up front and my hospital stay is $10,000 which they bill me after surgery. Dr. Hung Lincoln, NE

Midland Clinic in Sioux City, Iowa just lowered their price to $9,950......Which is toooooo late for me, because I went out to Dr. K. in Denver. They were around $15,000 then I go to Denver and six months later they lower there price to $9,950. Nice. lol

Look up Dr paul wizman in Margate Florida , he does out patient for self pay patients and is one of the BEST in the country!!!

Thanks for the info on Dr. Wizman. I have been to two seminars and have decided to go with the band. I am in North Fla and the prices range from $14k to $20k. I am self pay. i just spoke with Wizman's office and she quoted me that they start at $10k for the procedure to be done at a day surgery center. i am in good health and have had laproscoptic surgery for other reasons in the past. I have also had 3 c-sections. So, I feel good about having it done out patient. In fact, my ob/gyn recommended this to me. I just have to check with my PCP for the pre-op testing. i think my insurance will cover that. I have no problems with a quick trip to South Fla!

I hope this info helps anyone else looking for better costs. My gyn was the one who told me to keep looking for a more affordable option.

My surgery in San Diego Cal, was 15,300 but it comes with free fills for a year and it was at an out patient thing, to be honest i didnt do too much research but i think they did a great job.. I lucked out if i have to do cosmetic tho.. Ill be looking into that alot more deeply

I am having surgery on 10/5/10 with Dr. Wilkenfeld at the Physicians Surgical Center in Houston, TX. The cash price for both the surgeon's fee and the center fee is $9900 and it includes fills and after-care visits for 12 months.

Surgery center fee: $6,500

Surgeons fee: $5,800 (cash price)

Anesthesia fee: $1,500 (Pre-pay price)

Total: $13,800

It is outpatient and includes a year of office visits and fills.

I'm paying $10,400 for surgery center and surgeon fees, but it DOESN'T include a year of fills. :'(

Thanks for the info on Dr. Wizman. I have been to two seminars and have decided to go with the band. I am in North Fla and the prices range from $14k to $20k. I am self pay. i just spoke with Wizman's office and she quoted me that they start at $10k for the procedure to be done at a day surgery center. i am in good health and have had laproscoptic surgery for other reasons in the past. I have also had 3 c-sections. So, I feel good about having it done out patient. In fact, my ob/gyn recommended this to me. I just have to check with my PCP for the pre-op testing. i think my insurance will cover that. I have no problems with a quick trip to South Fla!

I hope this info helps anyone else looking for better costs. My gyn was the one who told me to keep looking for a more affordable option.

Im glad i could help you!! He is awesome and devoted his life to Bariatric surgery!!

Thanks BB! Dr. Wizman is awesome. Very funny and very straightforward. We spent a very long time just talking with everyone on staff. In fact, they pushed back my surgery by a week because he will be in Malaysia. He is training a group of surgeons there to do the procedure.... So, he must be on the ball. I am looking forward to the next year! I am set for December 10th. Your info really made a difference for me.. thanks :)

I was banded on Aug 31st 2010 in Sebastian FlorIda, by Dr. Domkowski. $12,500 self pay for the pre-op visits, nutritionist, and psychologist. Includes hospital, surgeon, assistant, and all fills and check ups for 1 year after. Great doctor, and great office staff. Loving my band!! :D

Why do you think that Paul Wizman is one of the best in the country? I haven't seen a lot of folks who have had a lot of success with him. They all say he is friendly, but I haven't been able to find a lot of people who have lost a tremendous amount of weight after seeing him.

Yes i do think he is one of the best ...here is why:

He is the head of 2 bariatric centers of excellence in the usa and one in mylasia. If you go and search his name on Facebook you will see him and all of "us" patients discussing our weight loss .

I'm scheduled to have my lapband in January at the SWLC in Toronto. It's $16,000 and includes everything, follow up care,dieticians etc. all fills and any surgery or fixes that need to be done in the future. The price is 'for life' but the contract says they reserve the right to start charging for fills after 5 years, but so far the patients they have that are 5 years out don't pay.

Update...

Midlands Clinic, Sioux City, Iowa or Dakota Dunes, South Dakota is $9,950 now.......one year ago it was much more.

I'm scheduled to have my lapband in January at the SWLC in Toronto. It's $16,000 and includes everything, follow up care,dieticians etc. all fills and any surgery or fixes that need to be done in the future. The price is 'for life' but the contract says they reserve the right to start charging for fills after 5 years, but so far the patients they have that are 5 years out don't pay.