Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

Thats great 100 pounds gone! I bet you feel like a new person. I'm starting to lose agian which is great. My goal is to get out of the 210 by memorial weekend. I'm hoping by sat I lose at least 5 pounds not getting my hopes up but thats what I'm shooting for. I decided to switch things up a little this week so we will see. I was at a cookout this weekend and pictures were posted on the internet afterwards by some of the family. Although I have lost a great deal of weight since I started my six month preop and got the band I still look huge in a picture. Why is it we look littler in a mirrior and in person then a picture. I'm getting real close to be able to zip my 16s up and I can't wait. I was even told how nice I looked and that you could really tell I was losing. Made me feel on top of the worl.

Actually,as of this morning I'm at 100 #'s even, so I was waaay excited. Meal wise, it all depends on what I'm eating, though the past few weeks it seems like at night I can eat waay too much. But if it's something with carbs, I can't eat as much. I can eat about a cup, maybe a cup and a half at dinner time. It's funny, the things that you would think of as slider foods, I can't tolerate them at all. Doritos are now my enemy. I tried eating one of my sister's and I was miserable for hours. I had a bite of cookie dough, and was sliming 5 mins later. But I was able to eat an enchilada wth chicken cheese and jalepenos last night. Go fig.

I do know what it's like to gain wait after an unfill though. I had an unfill back in September and put on 30 pounds, and had to relose it all over again. I was annoyed to say teh least, but I got through it!

i saw all these updates so here is mine! I was banded mid nov 09 weighing in at 315 size 26 . It was rough because i was thinking this was going to be a snap i was going to eat a little bitty cup of food and i was going to be a size 16 in a year....

NOT. this is my own story... i eat now what a normal human being eats. sometimes i can eat a 4th of my plate sometimes the entire thing. before i could eat my plate your plate and an appetizer and a dessert. so this makes sense. however i can eat bread with other foods (like meat, or baked... not soft) and i can drink sodas... yes i know these are no-no's but it is still hard to kick the habbit. i feel shamefull and bad but i am trying. I quit dieting and excercising and ate whatever started drinking cokes for like 3 mos before and gained 15lbs. but I have since then lost those 15lbs making total weight loss of 60lbs. I am actually that I experiences those 3 mos of 'not caring' because it shows I only gained 15lbs... I was kind of shocked but I felt horrible (like low self esteem and bad for gaining!) I am now a size 18 with some 16's hanging in my closet. I do want to lose another 15lbs to feel 'successful' and definately meet the 100lb mark at the end of the year. what I have learned from this band and what I tell others is the band did 30lbs... seriously... and i lost those straight out of surgery... anyone can lose 30lbs (when they need to lose 100+) by drinking liquids alone. the rest is on my own and have accepted it and will continue to try to lose the last 40. From other fellow band friends I see the pattern of an average of losing 4 dress sizes. I have 2 friends who were a 16 and now an 8. One was a 22 and now a 14. another a 22 and a size 16. and me a 26 in a 18. I feel like a failure with my weight loss but then I remember all I have accomplished and how this is not a quick fix and it is literally oldl fashioned hard work but with something squeezing my belly. I am going to make an appt with my dr for another fill. I am going to try go back after another 10lbs because I feel he looks down on me when I havent lost any lol Maybe I need a new doctor? I have literally not gone for a fill in almost a year! I do like to eat I dont want to eat a cup... i want to eat a meal but tell myself NO on stuffing my face! I am happy with my changes and I am happy I made that baby step to lose weight... even tho its only 60lbs and I am 255 now.. I think.... I could be 375lbs instead.

now my skin is another thing. I have belly skin. my thigh skin and my arm skin. I HATE HATE HATE it. my back legs look good and my butt but my belly I could literally tell where the surgeon needs to do his plastic surgery incision lol. Maybe one day? I started dating someone last year and we make our one year relationship this month and he is fully aware of my surgery and proud of me he loves me the way I am... He can see my skin and doesnt care. so literally it is all confidence. I figure I rather have 10inches of skin and trade that in for -10 years of life I would of lost from complications of me being morbidly obese!

I hope this helps someone! I need encouragement so I slip into my old navy sz 16 work pants and see how far I have come and how close I am to wearing these (in public) lol

Actually,as of this morning I'm at 100 #'s even, so I was waaay excited. Meal wise, it all depends on what I'm eating, though the past few weeks it seems like at night I can eat waay too much. But if it's something with carbs, I can't eat as much. I can eat about a cup, maybe a cup and a half at dinner time. It's funny, the things that you would think of as slider foods, I can't tolerate them at all. Doritos are now my enemy. I tried eating one of my sister's and I was miserable for hours. I had a bite of cookie dough, and was sliming 5 mins later. But I was able to eat an enchilada wth chicken cheese and jalepenos last night. Go fig.

I do know what it's like to gain wait after an unfill though. I had an unfill back in September and put on 30 pounds, and had to relose it all over again. I was annoyed to say teh least, but I got through it!

So, I figured I'd update this. A couple weeks ago my band randomly got tight again, as it is wont to do, and I went in for what I was expecting to be a slight unfil. Wrong. Again, I had to have a complete unfill. My Dr is pretty sure the slip I had got worse, instead of correcting itself like we had hoped. I'm leaning towards the same idea myself, seeing as I have no Fluid in my band, and almost teh same level of restriction. Won't know for sure though until I go in for an Upper Gi, which will be either when my insurance from my new job kicks in, or when I can get the money. *sigh* not too happy.

So, here's anoyher update. Yesterday, my Dr went in and completely unhooked my band. It's still htere but until I get insurance again, and my stomach is all healed up i'll be living as if I don't have one. I'm scared that I'm going to gain back a ton of weight. I'm not in too much pain, which is a good thing, but I am definitely sore. :(

Omg! Did he charge u to unhook it? How did he do that just unhook the band from your stomach? Hope u don't gain it back either. Good luck girl. Glad your not in to much pain. I go back in two weeks think i'm gonna get my first fill in 8 months.

So, here's anoyher update. Yesterday, my Dr went in and completely unhooked my band. It's still htere but until I get insurance again, and my stomach is all healed up i'll be living as if I don't have one. I'm scared that I'm going to gain back a ton of weight. I'm not in too much pain, which is a good thing, but I am definitely sore. :(

Thankfully my Dr is pretty awesome, and hasn't been charging me. For the surgery I have to pay for teh anesthiologist, and equipment, but not for anything else. I'm not really in much pain, just sore. And yes, he was able to just unhook the band so taht after I get insurance again and my stomach heals, he'll be able to just re-connect it together.

I just got a fill On Thursday of 3cc. I had to go back in Friday morning and get one cc out. I only had small amounts of chicken broth and Water but through it up. Burped and slimmed so not cool. My dr told me to stay on liquid for one night and mushys for three. I did lose three pounds when i weighed in at the dr thats a plus. I'm liking my band these days just hope the weight falls off since I have waited so long to get my fluid.Crossing my finger that the kidney stones stay away so my Fluid can stay in.

I haven't been online for awhile and I have so missed all of you!!!! Saraboo I am sooo sooo sorry to hear what you are going thru!! but I am so happy to hear what an awesome surgeon you have! You hear the opposite when the Dr doesn't want to work with you..yours really does! That is so awesome!! Skinnygirl..you have got your hands full..fighting off the kidney stones and being overfilled!! I tell you people out there think getting banded is taking the easy way out..they are out of their minds..they have no idea what we go thru..even on a good/normal day! Laurita..keep hanging in there!! No this isn't easy! Everyone is different and you should not compare yourself to how others have done (not saying that you have)...if you have a positive attitude, take it day by day..don't beat yourself up by something you might of done yesterday (that is the past not your future), understand your band (everyone's is different..me I eat a cup of food 5 times a day..others eat less some eat more. Get fills when you need them and be true to yourself..you will reach your goal!! As you mentioned you haven't had a fill in a year...once again everyone is different..I lost all of my weight in 11 months (130 lbs) and hit my sweet spot in the 4th month..I didn't have another adjustment until my grandmother passed away 9 months later (I had already met my goal and then some). I had 1cc removed. Now it has been 7 months since then. Keep in mind every person is different..that is just my story. I wish you the very best and I really believe attitude is your biggest key to success!

I haven't been online for awhile and I have so missed all of you!!!! Saraboo I am sooo sooo sorry to hear what you are going thru!! but I am so happy to hear what an awesome surgeon you have! You hear the opposite when the Dr doesn't want to work with you..yours really does! That is so awesome!! Skinnygirl..you have got your hands full..fighting off the kidney stones and being overfilled!! I tell you people out there think getting banded is taking the easy way out..they are out of their minds..they have no idea what we go thru..even on a good/normal day! Laurita..keep hanging in there!! No this isn't easy! Everyone is different and you should not compare yourself to how others have done (not saying that you have)...if you have a positive attitude, take it day by day..don't beat yourself up by something you might of done yesterday (that is the past not your future), understand your band (everyone's is different..me I eat a cup of food 5 times a day..others eat less some eat more. Get fills when you need them and be true to yourself..you will reach your goal!! As you mentioned you haven't had a fill in a year...once again everyone is different..I lost all of my weight in 11 months (130 lbs) and hit my sweet spot in the 4th month..I didn't have another adjustment until my grandmother passed away 9 months later (I had already met my goal and then some). I had 1cc removed. Now it has been 7 months since then. Keep in mind every person is different..that is just my story. I wish you the very best and I really believe attitude is your biggest key to success!

You have done an awsome job! it onlly took 11 mothns that is great. Yes people do think the band is the easy way out but its only a tool you still have to exercise and watch what u eat. Sometimes when I would get that horrible pain in my chest that does not go away for hours I would say to myself is this really worth it. Or when I throw up or slim which is disgusting. Boy when u burp that is a bad sign something comes next. But today since I actually have something in my band and its helping I'm loving ever minute and it so worth all the crap we have to go through. I go back in three weeks for another fill and I think i will only let him put in 1cc. I have lost 7 pounds since my fill and that makes me on cloud nine. not much longer i keep telling myself and I will be under 200 and that is whats keeping me very motivated. Plus great freinds and family who work out with me and keep me on track.Have good day everyone

Hello Everyone,

I couldn't find this board when they changed the boards a few months ago. So, glad to find again. I had surgery November 12, 2009. I am so happy to hear of all of your successes. I too have done okay. I have lost 66 lbs. I was 8 lbs shy of goal. Unfortunately, I keep fluctuating with a stubborn 6-8 lbs. I get within 8 lbs and then, will gain 6-8. But, I am really fine with this. I have been moderately faithful. If I were to buckle down and get away from sweets, I'd be okay. I am currently training for the Chicago Marathon in October. So, my body actually looks pretty good. Some of the gan is likely muscle or at least I want to believe that they are. Hahaha

Wishing you all well. Brigette

Hi! It's been a LONG time since I've been on, but I figured it was time to stop by and update. I had my surgery 11.25.09 weighing 374.4 lbs. 20+ months later, I am down 162 lbs to 212 lbs. My first goal is 190 lbs (I'm 5'10") and from there I will reevaluate.

I'm one of the weird bandsters whose band gets tighter as I lose, so I've not had a fill since 05.05.10. Yes, over a year. I had a slight unfill in September 2010 and have been cruising since. I had a few months after my unfill where I didn't lose, as I was eating totally wrong, but I finally got back on track and have lost 50 lbs in the last 4 months.

I'm down from a size 30W to a 16/18. I ran a half-marathon in Feb. I have no problem with amusement parks or airplane seats anymore. I no longer fear rickety chairs or having to get up off the floor. I do have lots of loose skin, especially upper arms, thighs, and belly. But it's far from a problem, considering all I can do now. I may get plastic surgery in the future, but I'm not too worried about it right now.

My band can be very fickle, but I have learned to just do liquids for 24-48 hours when it feels tight. I don't like it, but I know it's the best when it's acting like that. I also am rarely hungry anymore and am amazed at how 3-5 bites of food can seriously take away my hunger. I so do love my band!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Everyones doing such a good job. Time to be free 162 pounds way to go girl! You've lost a person. If my band gets tight I do the liquids too becuase if I try to go ahead it just causes me to throw up which is not good. So thats something i learned real quick.LOL! I eat three very small meals and two small Snacks at my breaks at work. My first goal is 190 we are taking a trip in October and I hope to meet that goal by then. I will go from there when we get back. My dr says 180 is a great weight for me but I would like to be 160- 170.R u guys working out alot? I go to the gym before work and use the eliptilce for 20 minutes cause thats all the time I have after droping kids off at school. I do zumba two to three times a week. I use the treadmill for 30 minutes at night while I watch tv. I really need to work out more but thats all the time I have to spare. I just went back to work fulltime so don't have as much spare time. But I think being at work more hours helps my weightloss more. I am loving my band not sure what I'd do without it.

Brigett sounds like your doing great and a marothon I need to find something to motivate me like that. I agree you r probably gaining muscle.

Hey Ya'all just wanted to update you since its been two years as of yesterday since I had surgery. Hard to believe two years has gone by. I started out at 273 pre surg and now and I am 170, I was down to 160's but got sick and had to have the Fluid removed and gained 15 pounds and now I am struggling to get back down there again, I go next month for another follow up but my doc pretty much is considering me in the "maintence phase".

Hoping to be down to MY goal of 150 by next year at this time.

Hi Guys! How has eveyone been doing? Soon2bhotmomma I understand completly about having to have Fluid removed it is no fun. I had to have

mine removed the first year because of kidney stones. That slowed my weight down a bunch. Then I got over the kidney stones and they filled it

back up and the scales started dropping agian. I had to have Huge Hernia repair in November so my surgeon wanted the band emptyied first. My

lapband dr said no need for that I'll just take out twocc and u will be fine. Two months after the surgery I got MRSA staph infection they said from

the drain tube being in so long. I think I got it from hospital but doesn't really matter where. Its one of the more serious staph infection. It goes

away but stays dormatt in your body and comes back when your immune system is dwon. So I had to have surgery agian have my stomach

insision cleaned out. I currently have a wound vacuum on that stays on everyday. Home health somes out and changes my banges and wound

vac canester every other day. OMG this is no fun at all. Its been a moth on and hopefully I only have to have it 4 more weeks. With Mrsa only

certain stronge antibotics will kill it and it causes major headaches. So during these three months I had gained 9 pounds. Before hernia surgry I

was very active going to the gym for hour each day walking on treadmill 30 minutes at home before bed going to zumba 4 days a week with some

freinds. So I got very depressed because I have to stay home limited activity and am hooked to a machine. Finally did get to get a fill so I have

3cc YAY! I joined weight watchers last week and lost 8 pounds my first week. I am down two pounds already this week and don't weigh in till

Saturday. So I'm finally back down to my weight before hernia surgery. I think I'm coming out of my depression. I know times are tough but I refuse

to be depressed and disapointed in myelf for gaining when it took so long to get it off.But I'm counting down days till I get to jump back into

zumba. I love my band and am lost when I don't have the help it gives me. I have about twenty six pounds to go and I will be at my goal. Thanks or

listening guys wish you all the best of luck!