Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 09 Knockouts! Check in here POST surgery! :)

hello fellow nov 09 knockouts! i was banded on 11/17/09 i was 312 at highest 300 day before surgery and 286 on 11/25/09. I refuse to be a scale whore so I dont have a scale at home. I am just going to base off the dr office. I have lost some serious inches my work pants legs are baggy and i am down one size shirts and one size on pants. I am scared that I might of gained a lil during my post op diet... I have been doing good on my mushies but I have been hungry!!! so I cannot wait for my first fill on wed, (12/16/09). Anyone have 1st fill yet??

Hi Laurita,

You're doing great! Don't worry about gaining a bit when you transition through the phases after surgery, it's normal.

I had my surgery 11/3 and my first fill was 12/3 (I think). I go for my second fill on Thursday. No restriction yet.

I was banded 11/25 and do not get a fill till the end of Dec (after xmas) so ya I am hungry!

I dont know what everyone is blending in their mushie stages, blended big macs? How can you gain eating these tiny mushies? I am loosing very slowly since surgery day but keep going down and I have been eating mushies for 5 days now.

I gained about 4lbs and then now I've lost those same 4. Still sitting at 17lbs lost. I think my problem is that I'm not quite staying on mushies. I'm still eating healthy, but I can only eat so much mashed potatoes...

Oh and my husband wasn't so sure about the surgery either, but, after talking about it with him he came around and decided it would be a good tool to help me. :thumbup:

I am going for my first fill today. I'm a bit nervous. Hope my port is okay. I already know I lost more weight though. I was impatient and didnt wait till my appt. I weighed this morning and I'm happy the scale is continuing to move. To all of those who are gaining 3 and 4 lbs out of nowhere, it happens. It happened to me right after I started mushies but then I lost it again once my body got used to it. Try not to get discouraged. Keep a food log and keep your calories under control and the scale with start moving. :thumbup:

I know mushies are HARD I just had lunch. A wasa cracker with salmon spread on it (can salmon, lemon, lite mayo) a wasa cracker is the kind you would give to a teething toddler they melt in your mouth even though they are crunchy so a great treat on the mushie phase. I havent had any mashed potatoes yet...I am trying to stay away from carbs however since I am cooking for my family still I have blended spagetti and meat sauce it tasted great!

I gained about 4lbs and then now I've lost those same 4. Still sitting at 17lbs lost. I think my problem is that I'm not quite staying on mushies. I'm still eating healthy, but I can only eat so much mashed potatoes...

Oh and my husband wasn't so sure about the surgery either, but, after talking about it with him he came around and decided it would be a good tool to help me. :thumbup:

I can't wait to go to mushies. Two and a half more days! I think I'll have Beans first. I used to hate beans...but I find they are something I like to eat from time to time now. I also want to blend a bunch of different things.

Full liquids (10 days) is actually going by pretty swiftly. I'm supposed to have four meals a day, but I make my Protein Shake with Water (not milk) so that is my long "breakfast" throughout the morning, also to get some water in me. Is this a bad idea? Should I mix a small Protein shake and attempt to drink it in a shorter amount of time, then sip water?

I have switched my whole family to whole wheat Pasta and ground turkey he he he.... I did have a rough time today eating chicken as I didn't chew well enough.... now I know what the hurt feels like. didn't vomit... I worked through it!

Had my first fill this evening. I'm kind of sore because my port is really deep and he had some trouble finding it at first. So he was pressing and pressing until OUCH!! (he found it). That wasn't pleasant at all! But once he found it the needle wasn't so bad. I found out that there was 2cc's in my band already. I had no idea. He even took saline out to be sure it was still 2 cc's. I thought I was just feeling restriction from the band itself, go figure. I drank Water before leaving the office and everything seems fine so far. He added 2cc's which brings me to 4cc's. My stomach definitely feels tighter and I am salivating a little more than usual. Looking forward to getting home and drinking hot tea. 2 days of liquids, 2 days of mushies, and then on to regular food again. The nurse was pleased that I lost 14lbs since my first check up on 11/25. So I have lost a total of 30lbs. Yay!!

I still have a Protein Shake for Breakfast even though I could have oatmeal or something. I have 2 scoops of egg Protein so its 220 cal and 50g protein. I mix it with LOTS of Water and sip on it for like 2 hours before its finnished. I think its a great way to get the protein AND the water!

I can't wait to go to mushies. Two and a half more days! I think I'll have Beans first. I used to hate beans...but I find they are something I like to eat from time to time now. I also want to blend a bunch of different things.

Full liquids (10 days) is actually going by pretty swiftly. I'm supposed to have four meals a day, but I make my protein shake with water (not milk) so that is my long "breakfast" throughout the morning, also to get some water in me. Is this a bad idea? Should I mix a small protein shake and attempt to drink it in a shorter amount of time, then sip water?

Happy.... hows it going? feeling all better now that the flu is gone? My hubbie had his first throw up 2 nights ago while eating soba noodles (not many noodles mostly broth) but it was enough..yuckie!

Mello....wow you had 2cc's in u? you didnt know? I am a little scared to get my first fill lately I have been feeling odd...like I can feel the band or something ... hard to explain but I have had no appitite today. And I love the walk idea you have I am so jealous! I'd love to walk the streets of NY with you!!!! especially this time of year!

Happy.... hows it going? feeling all better now that the flu is gone? My hubbie had his first throw up 2 nights ago while eating soba noodles (not many noodles mostly broth) but it was enough..yuckie!

Mello....wow you had 2cc's in u? you didnt know? I am a little scared to get my first fill lately I have been feeling odd...like I can feel the band or something ... hard to explain but I have had no appitite today. And I love the walk idea you have I am so jealous! I'd love to walk the streets of NY with you!!!! especially this time of year!

I don't blame you for feeling nervous. I was sooooo nervous about my first fill too. And I'm still nervous about the 2nd one. And I am envious of people who say they don't feel the band anymore. I feel it all the time. I can feel exactly where its positioned. I get little twinges and it sometimes makes me feel weird about having a foreign object in my body.

I had my first fill yesterday. The PA had to do some probing of the needle to find the port as i'm still quite swollen - but no pain thankfully. The surgeon ended up having to be called in and to no surprise he got it on the first try lol. Well, my first fill experience wasn't all that pleasant and I woke up this morning around 7 with a bit of Constipation. I don't think there is a correlation but I'm still going to call in later. I'm down 25 lb. My mom and dad noticed but I still haven't. It's hard to imagine I weigh less than I did 1yr 1/2 ago already.

Edited by Odjii

So I have lost a total of 30lbs. Yay!!

Congratulations!