Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Banded Yesterday, like me?

Hi, i was just banded yesterday. Feeling pretty good today. Yesterday was awful. The gas is slowly going away but my port incision is really sore. Also, i seem to be getting a sore throat, is that normal? Thanks for your help.

I was banded last week. Mabye you throat is dry/irritated from when they intubated you? Make sure you're drinking enough, that will probably help. Take care.

Congrats on being band yes the sore throat & the gas is normal...& you'll be sore for a few days maybe weeks. I was sore for about 3 weeks & I couldnt get up by my self until the 3rd day... after. Just be careful & take care of your self.

Yes I was banded on Monday! I am having a bit more pain than I anticipated- it hurts every time I swallow and I feel like I have to burp, but it won't come up- which is extremely painful. Yes, my throat is sore too and my port site is very tender. Keep me updated- feel free to email my personal email- CassieHurtgam@yahoo.com. Best of luck to you!!

I was banded yesterday too :thumbup: I was so relieved when the pain turned out to be very mild. Im taking it easy today and just looking forward to mushies and my first fill. This is so exciting and at the same time it has all been a lesson in learning patience for me. My doc says he will get me properly adjusted by March or April!! So I definatley have a ways to go but its getting easier for me to constantly be waiting...I was never a really patient gal to begin with but this whole process has really taught me to be more so.

I was banded 11/17 and am doin pretty good. Think im goin to try more full liquids tommorrow.Not much pain at all, only a lil in the port area. Takin yalls advice, sippin and walkin..

Hope everyone else is doing well.:confused:

I was banded on 11/17 as well. I could not find the right spot to sleep in ( i hated sleeping on my back) I am not hungry, just week. I will have to force my self to eat later. The sore throat is from the intubation during surgery. Good luck everyone. We have started our journey.:confused:

Yes, I was banded on yesterday, and the gas and sore throat is really painful. I pray that relief comes soon. I have taken tums and baking soda(old south remedy) and it has helped some but not all the way. I've tried to walk it out as suggested but that seems to worsen it. i dont even have an appetite for Clear Liquids either, i just want it to leave.:confused::crying: I hope youre feeling betta!!

The pain started to get out of hand, so I called my dr. I went in and he removed 3.6 cc's from the band- it was so tight that it was closing off my stomach! I didn't even realize they put Fluid in it when they put it in. I felt instant relief. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out!!

I was banded yesterday as well!!...and I have to say it was far less pain than I had anticipated...only things that are uncomfortable are taking deep breathes (pain in rib cage) I assume from gas...been up moving around quite a bit yesterday and today...hubby is getting frustrated that i won't just "relax".....all in all I feel amazing!!!:confused:

Congrats everyone!!!:confused: I was banded yesterday (18th) and am excited. I look like I'm preggers again due to the swelling, but I am not in as much pain as I thought I would be in. I have gone for a couple walks today, enjoying the beautiful fall weather here in GA. Also, definitely trying to take small sips of liquids instead of swallows and gulps. I have noticed that it takes longer for a swallow to go down Also, I wish there were a way to switch off hiccups!!!! Surgery and hiccups don't quite mesh.

Best Wishes:thumbup:

i was banded on tuesday the 17th , not as bad as i thought - although yesterday by the time i got home the incision sites are extremely sore . i am walking and using the gas x strips- but still port sore and still filled with gas - but it will be worth it in the long run :confused:

Horray for all of us!!...We are "official" bandsters!...Very excited to share this journey with you all!!

Aileen

I was banded yesterday, and the only discomforts I have are on my right side where the port is attached to the muscle and my right shoulder for some strange reason. The most trouble I'm having is hunger. I'm drinking everything allowed and eating Jello, but my stomach is growling constantly. Any suggestions on what you're drinking during this first week, maybe I'm not drinking everything I can.

I was banded on Nov 17th as well. Doing pretty well, not a whole lot of pain... mainly the incisions and port sight when I am getting up/down or switching positions. Not a lot of problem with gas pains, but I have been walking like crazy... trying to keep myself moving! Glad everyone is doing well! Wish you all the best of luck!

Kimmarie... the right shoulder pain is gas! A lot of times gas pains are felt in the shoulders... totally normal!