Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters 2009

I was nausiated and headachy for the first three days of my liquid diet. Then something clicked and it was no problem.

Today I start my pureed diet and I don't like anything. I just want a shake. I thought baby food would be a simple thing for my hubby to prepare ( I broke my knee last week and am immobile) but its just plain gross!

What are you eating on your pureed phase?

:thumbup: OMG I 'm going into the 5th day of my pre-op liquid diet and I have this headache that just will not go away! I guess im having sugar withdrawls or something but I'm soooooo ready for it to be gone.

I get banded tomorrow....I'm nervous. I lost 12 pounds pre-op. My doctor seemed ok with it, but I'm nervous!! I'm amazed at how different everyone's diets seem to be. I'm on Clear Liquids today and in the hospital. Then one week of liquids, one week blended foods, one week soft foodss, then week 4 onto regular diet. I think I would go crazy on 4 weeks liquid. I did 10 days liquid pre op and It made me crazy. It seemed I was so hypersensitive to every food, my poor husband was eating peanuts and I yelled at him to crunch elsewhere, of course that was day 3 when I really felt like I was going crazy.

What is the website for the free shakes? I'd love to find them. Thanks for the tip.

The web site is chikenutrition.com They are good to try - 5 flavors - but I thought a little expensive to buy the big container.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

I am a December Bandster!!!! :thumbup:

It feels so good to say that! I am scheduled for surgery December 28th and am so very excited. Bring on the liquids....I am ready to do whatever it takes.

My date is the 29th too. I go in tomorrow for my preop appt. and probably start the Optifast as well. Good luck to you.

Just got call from doctor to set pre-op for Dec. 21 with surgery on Dec. 29 (which I already knew) . . . pre-op diet is ten days with Slimfast . . . seems like most everybody has other Protein Shakes type things. . . should I be concerned about this? As I've said before, I'm scared--not by the surgery itself, but the life adjustments. I'm going to need your help, please! thanks.

Barbara :thumbup: (I still can't get ticker to work right :ohmy:

Well, ticker is working but that's about all right now. .. got call from surgeon's office...the surgery cannot be on Dec. 29 because of the hospital not running all OR's that day and they can't fit me in....so the date could be Dec. 22....BUT already have plans to go out of town for Christmas and this won't work for me.....my insurance only approved through Dec. 31, so I won't be banded this year :mad:. Now I'm told that the ins.company only gives two extensions and this makes two for me. and the doc's office said they will have to resubmit the whole request again and they don't know if it will be approved......so....I am totally discouraged, even more depressed, and my every thought is about how overweight I am, how could I be such a weak/stupid person to get in this shape, and how in the hell I can't get out of this hell I'm living in . . . sorry to be a real bummer (and long-winded) today, but this is just how it is. Has anyone else had such insurance problems?

Best wishes to those being banded this week. I am on my 4th day post op and doing great! I even had a hernia repaired and am still feeling wonderful. I took a long walk yesterday and only have a little soreness. I will say a prayer for all of you during the coming week. Good luck and soon you'll all be Baby Bandsters!!!

Well, ticker is working but that's about all right now. .. got call from surgeon's office...the surgery cannot be on Dec. 29 because of the hospital not running all OR's that day and they can't fit me in....so the date could be Dec. 22....BUT already have plans to go out of town for Christmas and this won't work for me.....my insurance only approved through Dec. 31, so I won't be banded this year :thumbup:. Now I'm told that the ins.company only gives two extensions and this makes two for me. and the doc's office said they will have to resubmit the whole request again and they don't know if it will be approved......so....I am totally discouraged, even more depressed, and my every thought is about how overweight I am, how could I be such a weak/stupid person to get in this shape, and how in the hell I can't get out of this hell I'm living in . . . sorry to be a real bummer (and long-winded) today, but this is just how it is. Has anyone else had such insurance problems?

I there any way you can cancel your trip? You might lose money on plane tickets, etc. but it sounds like it would be in your best interest to do the surgery on the 22nd. Just a suggestion. Hang in there. Don't get too discouraged. You will work it out some how.

What is the website for the free shakes? I'd love to find them. Thanks for the tip.

Chike Nutrition - Best Tasting Meal Replacement shake. Guaranteed. Pour, Shake, Drink & Go!

These are my favorite shakes, I like all flavors, but banana & orange are the best. Prob because they are diff than all the other choc, straw & vanilla. Good luck to you =) I hope you like them as well as I do!!

Has anyone tried the Unjury shake products? They have a lot of Recipes and Tips and Tricks on their site. I clicked on an advertising link on this site to read about it. It's UNJURY Medical Quality whey Protein Isolate. Best Tasting Whey Protein Powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein powder Supplement. if anyone wants to check it out.

They have samples too but not free.

:thumbup::smile::ohmy:

Hello all my December Delights!

For those who have been recently banded...did your surgeon put the band in, unfilled? I'm just curious....mine put my band in that way. It has a little Water in it, but not even close to 1cc. Were/are you able to eat pretty good on a pureed stage? I just feel like food and liquids are going down like normal...not stopping in the little pouch.... =/

Hi RadioGirl: I am feeling the same way. My band is unfilled and I don't feel any restriction at all. I had my surgery on 12/9 and am eating mushy foods. Last night I put some roast beef and broth in the blender and made a puree. It went down fine and no issues last night or today. I am hoping I am not doing anything wrong. Guess my Dr will tell me. I am going to call tomorrow and see if he wants to see me one of my "pokey" sites looks like it might be infected. Not sure. Been using Hydrogin peroxide (sp).

Well good luck to both of us. I will let you know if I hear anything else. :thumbup:

hey bounser,

my surgeon is Dr. Moran, ALA surgery center off of blue ridge rd. right across from Rex. How was Dr. Enochs? I've heard great things about him.

Has anyone tried the Unjury shake products? They have a lot of Recipes and Tips and Tricks on their site. I clicked on an advertising link on this site to read about it. It's UNJURY Medical Quality Whey Protein Isolate. Best Tasting Whey Protein Powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein Powder Supplement. if anyone wants to check it out.

They have samples too but not free.

:thumbup::smile::ohmy:

Hi All,

First of all. The Unjury protein products aren't too bad. The chicken Soup flavored is pretty good, as well as the chocolate and unflavored. There are alot of recipes they can be used in as well. I am a baby bandster. I was originally scheduled on Dec 16th but got to the hospital and waited six hours before being told that the OR had been overbooked and was asked to come back on the 17th. I am just glad I only live 1 hr away or I would have been really upset. I am now 3 days post op and I can't say that I am feeling all that great. I haven't had much of an appetite and I am sorta afraid of getting dehydrated. I tried drinking some Pedialyte to keep my electrolytes up. Also, with dehydration comes nausea, which I am experiencing, so, I am also taking the phenergan. I don't have much energy either-just sore around my midsection. I know that this is just the beginning but I'm looking forward to a brand new life.

I there any way you can cancel your trip? You might lose money on plane tickets, etc. but it sounds like it would be in your best interest to do the surgery on the 22nd. Just a suggestion. Hang in there. Don't get too discouraged. You will work it out some how.

Thanks for your response . . . yes, I considered cancelling travel plans but just couldn't do it, although the decision might really come back to bite me if the insurance won't give approval again. If that's the case, I will appeal and see what happens. So the doctor's office can't do anything until the expiration date of Dec. 31, so we'll start all over in January, and all the tests/ requirements completed should still be good and I won't have to redo everything (I hope). . . also, I'm trying to tell myself that all this delay with scheduling is happening for a reason, but it's so hard to be positive :ohmy:, but know I need to give it better effort than I have, so here goes ! ! ! :thumbup: All of the postings on this site have helped me and I appreciate and wish the best of all of you!

Barb 119,

Don't despair. I know I did. I had some trouble with my surgeon's back office, and I did everything they asked of me five weeks before my surgery date. I'm told that 7-10 days we'd know, and of course I'm on it and start calling the back office,but got no return calls. One week before, I'm told that if I don't provide weight medical records for the last five years within one day, I'm rejected. I believe in karma, and I'm thinking,hey, somebody's trying to tell me something. I submitted a 5 year history per what my current primary doctor attested to, but I guess the records they had for my weight history weren't good enough. I proceeded to get the records within a few days, and the back office told me I was outta luck until next year. I began this journey 5months earlier with the intention of getting this done before the end of the year. Now I'm told no. Wow, what now,I thought. My surgeon was wonderful and the only reason I was still here. Given that choice, though, and feeling really disrespected by that back office,I asked that my file be wrapped up immediately so I could pick it up cuz I was walking.

My surgeon got wind of all this, and seriously really went to bat for me. He had someone address the insurance company, standing at the ready to speak to them, and I was approved 3 days before my date. Long story short, hang in there and if this truly what you want, expect the best and don't let anything derail you! You've only got one you, and who's gonna care more about u than U? :thumbup:

Thanks, Dulcevida, for your message ... it has gotten really discouraging because of scheduling, and you'd think the insurance companies would realize that meeting all the required testing, lab work, nutritional consults, etc. takes time, plus with the holiday season throwing all kind of kinks into it---then like you, having to deal with your surgeon's personnel with less than great results....thanks again . . . and hoping for wonderful results for you. Will be looking out for your postings on this site. Happy Holidays. Barbara