Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hello fellow January Bandsters. I have my appoinment with PCP Thursday so he can clear me for sugery. Had my phone interview with the nurse last week (don't get this since I already spoke with the doctor during the consult). So, all that is left is for me to go in have my x-ray, ekg, pysc consult and nutrition class. I plan on doing all of those things when I return from my vacation on 1/5 and hope to schedule surgery for near end of January. Doc's office said that should be no problem. I am glad that I have the holidays to distract me. Otherwise, I think this would be like being pregnant and waiting for the last 6 weeks to pass until you can finally have the baby.

I have my pre-op this Friday (12/11), they told me there should be no problem with a 1/7/10 surgery date.

I am lucky, I started the process 2 weeks ago.

The pre-op went well, I am scheduled for 1/7/10.

The reality that this will happen is starting to set in. I never figured I would be able to afford this procedure.

1.) What is your current and goal weight?

244/165

2.) What is your surgery date?

January 28, 2010 (God Willing)

3.) What is your age?

4.) Where do you live?

Atlantic City, New Jersey

5.) Where are you having surgery?

Pomona, New Jersey

6.) Who is your doctor?

Samir Patel

7.) Insurance or self-pay?

Prayerfully Insurance. Waiting 4 approval. For those of

you who believe in prayer, pray that I get approved.

8.) What was your deciding factor?

For one, my daughter came home and told me that she got into an argument with a kid, who stated that's why your mommy is fat. Also, i am tired of getting dressed in the morning or trying on clothes and keeping my eyes closed until all my clothes are on so I don't hav to c myself in the mirror.

Anul - you can eventually add back alcohol, just know it has calories, which slows weight loss. My sister had LAP-BAND® 4 years ago and is still a pretty heavy drinker...(it runs in the family;) She has lost about 80 lbs and the weight loss has sort of stopped. She knows if she quits drinking she would lose more, but she is down to a size 10 or 12 and is very happy about her weight loss. Just a personal decision on what makes you happy. I too enjoy a glass of wine or two and don't see me giving it up completely.

We should definitely all stay connected w/ our Jan 13th date! I am so excited. I ate a reasonable dinner last night out w/ friends, and then got home and ate a 4th meal!! What is wrong with me??? That is why I am excited about the band. I really thought I was hungry, but I know I couldn't have really been physically hungry. Hoping the LAP-BAND® will nip that in the bud.

Arthukd & Anul - Sounds like we have the same struggles. Drink a little too much and get the munchies at night. And I'm getting banded the same weekend as you. Can't wait to see how well we do together. What are your stats again? Start & goal weight?? I'm 230/130. You?

BRIDESMAID TERRORS! So I am super excited because one of my best friends just asked me to be in her wedding! I'm so excited and honored. However, as any fat girl knows.... I am TERRIFIED of the dress. I doubt they make this gorgeous fancy dress is a size 18. And even if they did, I'd be too embarrassed to let my friend's know that's the size I needed. Anyway, the wedding is in June. I'm hoping to drop as much as possible by then. Even if I can get into a 12, I'll be thrilled! Think that's possible?? The other girls in the wedding and the bride are all a size 4 AT THE MOST, so I'm kinda stressed about it. But it is certainly a great goal.

I will be band January 14, 2009. My Doctor is Dr. Mumford in Mississauga, Ontario - Canada.

I am scare but excited at the same time - cannot wait to start my journey.

BRIDESMAID TERRORS! So I am super excited because one of my best friends just asked me to be in her wedding! I'm so excited and honored. However, as any fat girl knows.... I am TERRIFIED of the dress. I doubt they make this gorgeous fancy dress is a size 18. And even if they did, I'd be too embarrassed to let my friend's know that's the size I needed. Anyway, the wedding is in June. I'm hoping to drop as much as possible by then. Even if I can get into a 12, I'll be thrilled! Think that's possible?? The other girls in the wedding and the bride are all a size 4 AT THE MOST, so I'm kinda stressed about it. But it is certainly a great goal.

Oh you are better then me girl. I turned my sister down 5 years ago when she got married. She wanted me to stand up there infront of 300 people wearing some slinky strapless number you've got to be kidding. I was so ashamed that I told her no. I don't regret it because I would have made myself feel horrible and who the heck needs that, but now that i'm getting lapband and I'm gonna get skinny I think I might buy me a little strapless number and just pretend for a minute. I know you will be braver then me and look fantastic! Best of luck with your bridesmaid nightmare.

Hi All!

I am going to be banded on January 5th in the Dominican Republic. My insurance would not pay (my BMI is 39 but I have no other conditions) so I'm out of pocket. I live in Jacksonville, Florida, and would love to meet some other bandsters in the area.

This website is amazing. I love how willing everyone is to share their stories. It's what convinced me to go ahead and have the surgery!

:thumbup:

A friend and I are being banded in with Dr. Zapata in Monterrey, MX on 1/11 & 1/12. So VERY excited and very blessed. This is a first WLS for her and a revision for me.

I had a RNY in 2003 and now joining the B.O.B. (Band over Bypass) club. The RNY was very successful but food is becoming a daily struggle again and I need the added restriction.

Hoping to reach my goal weight and not have the daily fight with food!

Glad you're all here!!!

I am not worried about alcohol ,, it's when I drink I want to have a cigarette. I had to quiet to have my surgery. So I can't drink but one are two drinks .Before I would want one. Did y'all quiet smoking and went back?????

WOW this is so wierd...my assistant and I were just talking about this very same thing! I quit smoking in May and still have awful cravings, but not when I drink. I gave up drinking alcohol and coffee for the first 3 months and a year ago I got a new car so I stopped smoking in it back then. My assistant asked if I plan to start smoking after the surgery and my first thought was YES! but I really don't want to for health reasons. I have gained 15 lbs since quitting so a lot of my reasons for wanting to smoke are at night when I want to eat due to boredom...I would rather smoke but then again, I really need to do something else. Plus, if my stomach is smaller, maybe I won't have that "need to nibble" feeling. Still, I wonder what I will actually do. It would be a shame to quit for so long to start back...again....I quit for 5 years in my 20s and started back after a divorce and increase in going out drinking. :thumbup:

Hi All!

I am going to be banded on January 5th in the Dominican Republic. My insurance would not pay (my BMI is 39 but I have no other conditions) so I'm out of pocket. I live in Jacksonville, Florida, and would love to meet some other bandsters in the area.

This website is amazing. I love how willing everyone is to share their stories. It's what convinced me to go ahead and have the surgery!

:thumbup:

I am in Jax, Well actually hilliard but all my docs are in Jax and my son goes to school there. I have been wondering if there was anyone on here from the area.

I just heard...I got approved!:thumbup: I am so excited (and now the nerves are setting in). I will have my surgery on Jan 15th. Good luck to everyone keep in touch.

Congrats JGF. Good luck.

I claim my husband's sleep apena is causing ME sleep apena! :thumbup:

Haha...Just-Ice I hear ya! My boyfriend snores and tosses and turns so much we can't even keep the damn sheet on his side of the bed!!!!! No wonder I can't sleep...lol!