Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Irene, I was in Sac. a long time ago. I was in HS at the time and we were on a school trip. I lived in the San Fernando Valley for about 16 years. I don't remember the name of the restaurant but we had a good time and enjoyed it. I'm sure a lot of things have changed since I have been there.

Cindy, the only time I ever saw a flash in my car was followed by a big boom. That's weird. Wonder what it could have been.

Sitting here eating my salad and than I will start to get myself ready to go to work. It's a Winnie the Pooh kind of day here and I sure would love to stay home. Oh well, some one has to bring the bacon home.

See ya all tonight.

Oh Suzanne, that describes today perfectly! even though I've done my normal day i want to sleep. I should go chip up more tiles but why would I do that? LOL

ok now i know I need to do that... ugh

mammogram done... :) I know you all really wanted to know that!

I am scared of all the flu shots, so I can not give an opinion really.

Oh, and I thought Shalee was shalee and I followed her ps journey. So, can we call you kelly?

QUOTE]

You can call me Kelly or shalee whichever, I answer to both. and that was my PS journey you followed. :-)

UGH... If this is a post for the homeless

What is your take on the swine flu shot?

DR Oz is taking it but his wife is not

The hospitals in NY are requiring their staff

My SIL tells me the side effect is that trouble with walking and if that happens.. physical therapy

Dr OZ claims that it is the same thing like a flu shot and tested the same..so if you have taken the flu shot in the past then you should be taking this

yet on TV last night a pediatrician in NYC is not allowing his patients to take

Any input would be welcomed?

I will getting a regular flu shot like I have for a few years now. BUT I wont be gettnig a swine flu shot. I was talking a few months back with my PS Dr and asked him what his thoughts were and he said he wont be getting one anytime soon either as he believes there hasn't been enough research done on it and it's being thrown out here too fast. He wants to see more reasearch done on it. and that's what I was thinking also. Just my 2 cents....

And as for the whole Shalee/Kelly name thing. My name is Kelly. When I signed on to AOL way back about 17-18 years ago I wanted a "Cool" name to go into chat room with (yep and back in those days it was 3 bucks an hour to chat if you went over your alloted minutes, WHICH I only did one month) Anyways, Shalee is the name of an indian princess in some romance novels I used to read( Yep, sappy romance novels) hehehe I thought it was a very pretty name, So that was my screen name...... and has been ever since on my email addys and such. :)

OK back to pruning my dead branches in the yard......

Have a great evening everyone.....

Nice Kelly

love the story of Shalee

Thought I would share a pic of me today, was feeling a little fat but pretty good at the same time. and I found a shirt at target tonight, and guess what it was a small, i got sad and then thought I'll try it on... I BOUGHT IT. I'll take pics tomorrow of that, wearing it to Keith and Sugarland!

post-215289-13813138778276_thumb.jpg

post-215289-13813138778663_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jennifur

Jenn, awesome pictures. Thank you for posting them. You need to start looking at new pics of you, you will find out that you aren't fat.

Kelly, Thanks for the name info. What a nice story.

I'm home from work and soaking my foot and watching DWTS. I did a lot of cleaning tonight at work. In the morning I'll finish it up when I mop the floors. The women crack up and always ask me to come to their houses. I tell them I don't even clean that much at my house. lol.

Big dicussion at work about the H1N1 vaccine and most are not going to get it or get it for their children.

See ya in the morning.

Lookin' good Jenn!!!!

Think we are all on about the same page with the H1N1---we are concerned for my granddaughter, when she gets sick she goes down hard and fast. She was a preemie, and has done well, but the pediatrician, actually even put her on a delayed course with her immunizations---so we are praying for good things with her, but too afraid of the shot to give it to her.

DH and I are both considered high risk, him because of the heart valve, and my cancer history....so we would "qualify" but think we will both avoid it. Will take the regular, as we do each year. A couple of years ago, he got really sick, not too long after his flu shot, but they said he was likely incubating the virus prior to getting the shot, that there is no live germ in the shot anymore, so while it can cause reaction it cannot cause illness. I usually blow off what they say, but my Uncle reinforced it, so we have continued to get the regular one. He is not saying much about this one....will try to pick his brain a bit more. He is a MD.

Was kind of a crappy day at work, my boss pissed me off, but more than pissing me off, he disappointed me in being petty, and holier than thou acting. I don't give a rats ass if he has DR in front of his name, he is NOT any better than anyone else, regardless what he might think!

We have a fire going, and it is feeling good finally. We took a motorcycle ride tonight! We rode about 30 miles along the river, to look at colors. Was chilly but not cold....then we stopped for dinner, and the ride home was COLD!!! LOL

Have you heard from your DH yet Heart??

Shalee----I love the name as well, I love the story, but I too read sappy romance novels!! I read EVERYTHING! Horror, fiction, non fiction, romance, heck even Cereal boxes!!!

Well, I am off to the shower. One more full day of work, then a half day--then get this, the office is closed on Friday and I am OFF!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

See ya in the morning!

Jen, you look great!

Tracy, good on you for staying on your appointments! That's really important. Ok, now that I've touted your horn, I really need to schedule mine!!

Oh, and goodnight to you too!

Kelly, I've always wondered what the deal was with your Shalee name. Nice story, thanks for sharing.

Suzie, take care of those toes.. :biggrin:

Kat, sounds like you had an interesting day. Ups and downs, but without that life would be boring!! Bosses can be *** one day and cool the next. So expect a cool boss tomorrow. :)

Nitey everyone, off to do the elliptical and hang out.

Hey y'all.

DD is sick! Bad head cold. Enough to make her hyper one moment and "I'm so sick" the next! UGH! Poor little thing! She was upset about not going to school today. Kept saying she was better and could go.

She's hardly eaten at all today. She finally decided she wanted some Soup so she's eating a little of that right now. She's chowing down on it so that's good.

Let her sleep in this AM b/c she was up a lot last night.

<Warning! Whining and selfishness coming!>

Really hoping I don't come down with this. We're on our own til at least Sunday and it's so hard when I'm sick! I just got over that flu bug that kept my band too tight to eat for a week. Supposed to go for a fill on Monday and would like to be able to get it instead of another possible unfill b/c of drainage and being too tight again.

<Okay, selfish whining over.>

Was going to head to town for some clothes shopping for DD tomorrow but plans have changed now. I did some online shopping today at JC Penny instead. They're having a sale and I got every thing on sale then had a promo code they e-mailed me and it took even more off. Got nearly everything she needs. Only need a few dresses and some sweats/play type stuff. I can pick those up at Target or Wal Mart next week when I'm down for my appt. Oh and she needs some new tennies, hers are nasty, and some nice winter shoes. She already has boots.

Talked to DH tonight. He's fine. Tired. He's hoping they'll be back by Thursday.

I'm tired. Off to get DD in bed then thinking I'll follow soon behind her.

'Night!

I need advice. I fell off the wagon and needs back on. What started it was when I was sick I stopped going to the gym and then got better but started back at college full time last week and full time midnights I really have no ambition to exercise and my diet has gone crazy! I'm so frustrated.

Morning Girls.

I went ahead and got on my scale this morning and I'm down 4 pounds. OMG. That felt wonderful. I'll still wait till my Doc appointment on the 26th. to post but my scale is very close to his. I'm so excited.

Cari, once you get out of the habit of exercising it is so hard to get back going. You just need to dig down deep and find that desire and gumption. You'll get it.

Very cool here this morning, 39 degrees. I love it. My favorite weather to walk in.

I'll check in soon.

Thanks gals for the compliments

Suzanne YIPEE YOU..... see... now doesn't that feel great???

I think I'm totally bloated, it is TOM but because of my surgery I only get symptoms... I am up 2lbs and there is no reason for it.

I'm going shopping this morning to return some jeans I got for dd that are too big... I have been harping on her, she was up to 164, granted she is 5'8" but still, she was getting a little belly and kev has heart history and she is built just like him. that scares me. So anyway, I have just been harping to take smaller bites and chew her food... she lost 8lbs and went from a size 10 to an 8 in 2 weeks... not even changing anything she eats.

Ok off to get ds on the bus in a few and get showered to hit the mall, a nice rainy day. DS is staying at aftercare and dd and i are going to the gym at 3, she wants to start going back. Then home to get ready for the concert tonight, can't wait.

Good morning everyone!

Jenn-you look fantastic sista! :biggrin: I am so proud of you!

Cari-I am in no position to say anything about getting back into the groove. I can say, try try try, before it gets out of hand! Speaking from experience unfortunately :wub:

Kelly-I forgot to tell you how good you look! Loved the pics! :)

Michelle-sorry tht dd is sick. I will say a prayer that she gets better quickly (and that you do not get it)

Suzanne- WAY TO GO on the -4. That is so awesome! :thumbup:

Kat-did ds hear anything else about moving to LA? I hope that he decided not to! How has Kinsey been?

hi Cindy and Laura :smile2: (and Josie, if you are reading this :smile2:)

Well, today is legal advice day. I really hope it is good news, like cheap and affordable...hey, a girl can dream right? lol

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by TracyK