Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

hey guys

been logging and chipping trees all day I'm about to fall over

Concert was great, i'll post some pics we could have touched him

I saw poison and def lepard too that was the nght i caught kev in more lies (july 3rd) and the beginning of the end for us the real end, so needess to say i had a horrible time at that one.

ok i'll be back for personals, i am so tired i cnat even think straight

Irene-I am so jealous of you I can't even see straight! Way to go! You will still come to LBT and chat, right?

hey guys

been logging and chipping trees all day I'm about to fall over

Concert was great, i'll post some pics we could have touched him

I saw poison and def lepard too that was the nght i caught kev in more lies (july 3rd) and the beginning of the end for us the real end, so needess to say i had a horrible time at that one.

ok i'll be back for personals, i am so tired i cnat even think straight

:bored::thumbup:Jen:thumbup::thumbup:

:sneaky::sneaky: I saw your picture:sneaky::sneaky:

you are not:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

so if you want to find:wub: do not do :cursing:personals

go to a LAP-BAND® support group:tongue_smilie::)

and get yourself a :lol: man whom wants to remain :rolleyes2:gorgeous

and who will appreciate your :w00t::thumbup:goals

:sneaky::sneaky:go out a show off your bod at a meeting :wub::thumbup::wub:

Girl....if you got it :thumbup: flaunt it :thumbup:

YOU got it flaunt it , and make them :drool::drool::drool:

I got off work this morning and found out that the brand new Target opened up yesterday. I loved it. There were only about 10 people in the whole store. I'm telling you, it would have been perfect if I had kids and needed to do X-mas shopping. They had everything you could imagine WII's, Guitar Hero and all kinds of stuff. I walked the whole store. It was fun, not running into people and having to dodge stuff. I loved it.

I love, love, love my Target!!! I do 80% of my shopping there, even my groceries. We have a Super Target and it is fabulous!

Irene, you said that the band did not work for you. Did you not lose any weight with it? Or did you just lose what the average was for people, they say you lose like a certain percentage of your weight. One of the things that I wished I had done was to have lost more weight before I had the surgery and than let the band do the rest of it. I did lose a lot before I went into this and now I'm at a total of 190 down. That's more that what the average person looses and all the Doc's are really happy. However I still have about 75-100 more pounds to go. I will now have to use my own willpower along with the band to do this. So I guess my question is, Are you using the band correctly? Are you doing all that you can to help your band to help you lose weight. Have you tried doing diets like WW or Jenny Craig or Atkins or any diet plan? I know that I had a lot of success with WW, unfortunately I hit a plataeu and have had a really slow weight loss in the last year. I'm just curious to see if you have really done all that you can with the band.

I hate bloat!! What was your surgery, if you don't mind my asking? Sounds like female issues. I go see my GYN next month and we need to make some solid, serious decisions re: my cycles.

Michelle: after I lost quite a bit of weight, I began experiencing severe Migraines daily. I went in for my checkup and found out there were female issues I wasn't aware of. I had to have a hysterectomy in December, and I am happy to say I am fine now and haven't had a Migraine since my surgery!!! My stepdaughter was having problems with cysts but she had an ablation (sp?) a couple of months ago, and she is doing much better.

Suzie, I have had a million issues with my band. I was good for up to the first four months and I’ve lost 50 Lbs in that time. I lost 50 before banding. I needed to lose 180 Lbs total.

In that, I’ve gained 30 back and I have tried mercilessly to try to lose just that to get to where I started. This left me with still 100 Lbs to lose. Yes, I’ve tried everything believe me.

I have night coughs where I wake up in a panic and struggling to catch my breath because I can’t stop. I have severe pain in my port area. My band is psychotic where one day its wide open and the next I choke on Water. Even being so tight I was on liquids in which I somehow became awfully addicted to sliders. I’ve been trying to work with my band for more than a year now, as I was banded in Feb. of 2008.

No matter what, I really need to have my band removed. My body rejected it, and I don’t see myself getting another one. What am I left with? I know for absolute sure I can’t NOT have anything. History will repeat itself and I will gain my weight back, likely more than when I first started.

I can’t try with it anymore. It didn’t work for me so I’m moving on. You know, I know the RNY GB is scary. I’m afraid… but you know what? I’m more afraid of what will happen to me down the line if I just sit around and try to pretend this isn’t a problem. I’m almost 36 years old and I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 31! Believe me, it was really high! That’s pretty darn pathetic really.

I have a strong family history of diabetes, heart disease and cancer. So I hope you can see why I don’t want to take any more time trying to figure out this band thing. I just want to move on to the next step and I’m actually pretty positive this one will work for me. I know my eating habits and it will contain it. I have a good workout ethic and I can almost guarantee I will get to my normal weight range and maybe even a little beyond.

Also, if I knew I could do it all on my own I never would have ventured into getting WLS. It’s just reality for me. However, it’s my reality – and it’s one I’m going to take the reins on, no matter what I have to do to win this battle of my health and my future.

I really appreciate your concern! It wasn’t the easiest decision to make. I pondered on it for many months now, trying my darnedest to try to get this band to work for me. It just didn’t.

Tracy, you better believe I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to share my experience with everyone just like I did my band. I'm just trying on a new pair of shoes, and probably should have been the first pair I try on. ;-P

Real quick.

I'm sick and I'm going to bed!

I'll have to catch up w/everyone later.

Oh and DH got back to his station this afternoon. DD was thrilled to go see him.

'Night.

Michelle, take good care of yourself. Glad to hear that hubby got home safe. I bet it was great to see him.

Irene, That is terrible that you've didn't have real good luck with the band. I've heard of others that have had problems also and I just can't imagine it. I've never had any problems except the one were you say one day the band is wide open and the next day it's tight. That happens to me and I just need to remember to not let my head allow me to over stuff myself. I have on several occasions lost around 100 pounds but as usual I gained it back and more. The band has been my lifesaver. I am off my blood pressure meds and a few of my diabetes meds. I'm healthier and happier. I get out more and move more.

I hear alot of people say they want this surgery or that they have had the surgery and just know they never have to diet again. Well, my Doc and his support group people have always from the very start have made sure that we understand that the band is just a tool. How we use that tool is up to us. If we choose to abuse it than we will not loose the weight. That's when I hear people complain about the band. 9 times out of 10 it's not the band but the fact that people do abuse it. How sad that they weren't mentally prepared for it.

I'm sorry that you have had problems and I don't blame you one bit for moving on. I myself have thought several times about the RNY but due to a couple of people I know that have had it, it is not an option for me. I wish you all the luck in the world and will root for you. Please keep us posted and and I also hope that you stay with us.

Everyone have a great day and I'll see you sometime. I have to work a double shift and in between those shifts I have to get to the grocery store.

Edited by Suziecat

Good Morning gals

Laura - wow thanks for the compliment. I have met someone online support group, not banding group, but wl group and I've been talking to him for almost 3 months, the thing that sucks is he is so far away, because we have such a connection and very similar goals and it is to the point where we can't wait to talk to each other... oh.. why me.

I am going on a date Saturday night, He would have us married, I've known him for a long time, but we are just going as friends because I told him I'm too f'd up to get into a relationship... The other thing, most of the guys I know, meet and hang with are all constrction, so I can tell it the way it is.

Ok so I'm going to make kids Breakfast and figure out if i'm working this morning, going to rain about noon so I don't know

that is my new shirt

post-215289-13813138805747_thumb.jpg

We have a cold front coming....YAY Now it will be highs of 70's instead of 90's :thumbup:

Happy Friday ladies. I haven't lost any weight this week, but I haven't gained...so that is good. I will lose some by next Friday :sad:

Suzie, that means so much – thank you. I understand what you’re talking about doing the right thing. I just wish it were that easy for me, I hope you understand. J

I really won’t say anything more about it. I’m probably going to start up a new thread about my journey somewhere else. I don’t want to give anyone the wrong impression; I don’t hate the band in general. I just hate what mine has become. I really in all honesty wish it would have worked for me. I really do. That way, no one will be forced to read what I write about what I’m going through. All are welcome however.

I completely respect anyone’s decision to get the band. How could I not? I got one! I’ve seen so many become successful with it, and that is fantastic!! You all just keep rockin’ your bands and doing your thing. I will cheer you and support you 100%!

Okay, now that that’s out there… let us continue with our daily chatter. J

Heart, feel better soon! I’m so glad hubby is back home too.

Jen, best wishes on the romance. I’ve personally seen many people find the love of their lives on the ‘net. I ain’t hatin sister. J

Tracy, it’s been so cold here! Hey, you’ll get it together next week. Hang in there. J

Well it’s Friday everyone! I came into work even though I wasn’t scheduled too. Why? I don’t know. Call the psych ward will ya? LOL It’s no biggie anyway, I’m leaving at noon. I’m finally going to go see Zomie Land. Then next weekend it’s Where the Wild Things Are!! It’s about time they made that into a movie!! J

Have a great weekend ladies.

hello all

worked, went shopping for furnace parts, met with my contractor who is fixing it for me, had a salad and about to get the rest of the tiles off the floor

it is freezing here, only going to be in the high 40's next week... I'll take your cold front Tracy...lol

it is freezing here, only going to be in the high 40's next week... I'll take your cold front Tracy...lol

I'll switch! :thumbup:

Isn't it funny? Kind of like people with curly hair want straight hair and people with straight hair want curly... :sad: